Sign in to follow this  
sharkpr

Arroyo, will be traded?

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

quote:
Originally posted by The Dude Abides:

well, Fan-royos... The Dude is not one to have a source, but I was just told that CA isnt goin anywhere... atleast for the next month or so.. My "source" (not the magic insider 8-ball this time... and rather than call him my source, I will just call him a co-worker, as he really isnt a source at all... im getin off point here,so I digress).....

but, word on the street from high up in the Business Dev. side of the Magic Org.. is that a certain county commissioner will be placated by keeping him in town, atleast until the arena vote, word from my co-worker, who actually talked to the high up magic guy, is that she has pretty much directly told them that CA swings her vote...whether thats good business or not I'll leave that for you to decide, whether we should be building a team around a players ethnicity rather than skill set seems like garbage to me..

I will not stand 100 percent firmly in saying that this a for sure thing..like I said, I am just passing along information from a guy at work who I know has ties to some Magic brass.. take it all for what it is worth...whcihc is nothing at this point, just thought yall might find it interesting

quote:

well, Fan-royos... The Dude is not one to have a source, but I was just told that CA isnt goin anywhere... atleast for the next month or so.. My "source" (not the magic insider 8-ball this time... and rather than call him my source, I will just call him a co-worker, as he really isnt a source at all... im getin off point here,so I digress).....

but, word on the street from high up in the Business Dev. side of the Magic Org.. is that a certain county commissioner will be placated by keeping him in town, atleast until the arena vote, word from my co-worker, who actually talked to the high up magic guy, is that she has pretty much directly told them that CA swings her vote...whether thats good business or not I'll leave that for you to decide, whether we should be building a team around a players ethnicity rather than skill set seems like garbage to me..

I will not stand 100 percent firmly in saying that this a for sure thing..like I said, I am just passing along information from a guy at work who I know has ties to some Magic brass.. take it all for what it is worth...whcihc is nothing at this point, just thought yall might find it interesting

quote:

Dude, I appreciate your contributions although we dont always agree. Yet this post implies something I dont like and that MarcAcres and I have discussed and agreed upon. The management will primordially base thir decisions on what benefits and makes the team win games. I have posted several times that my opinion was that carlos was not going anywhere because Vangundy considers he may be one of the PG's that can make his offense flow. Most of the posters are conviced that this is the game where he thrives at, then why the risk of bringing someone else when you have 3 potential PG's that may do the job and havent been given the chance. Vangundy will probably be sharing lots of minutes for them at the beginning of the season until he feels comfortable with one of them. The fact that Carlos can fill the stadium is more important to the Magic than these political intrigues. I have a feeling Carlos is going to have an excellent year for the benefit of all fans.

I agree with you too. I do hope he represents well and does a good job. There is a lot of people that don't like Arroyo. But I think it's not Arroyo they don't like it's the fake fans that started to like the magic because of Arroyo. With I can't blame them. But at least give Arroyo a chance. and if someone says he had his chances last year. well so did nelson and he did not do that much better, a little but not enough to make a differance.

quote:
We need a floor general who can direct those weapons, and has an outside shot to keep defenses honest. neither CA or JN fit that role.

This is where I disagree with you . Although Jameer was given a chance to show his stuff, none of them has shown us how they can do with Stans system. I think you may be right but also that you may be wrong that also applies to me. You and me are not in charge, lets see if the players can prove everyone wrong. This bussiness decisions apply to all organizations in this very lucrative NBA league.

quote:

quote:
We need a floor general who can direct those weapons, and has an outside shot to keep defenses honest. neither CA or JN fit that role.

This is where I disagree with you . Although Jameer was given a chance to show his stuff, none of them has shown us how they can do with Stans system. I think you may be right but also that you may be wrong that also applies to me. You and me are not in charge, lets see if the players can prove everyone wrong. This bussiness decisions apply to all organizations in this very lucrative NBA league.

Heres were this arguement goes sideways a bit for me... "none of them has shown us how they can do with Stans system"...

this applies to every player on the magic, or in the league for that matter, unless you were a part of his Miami team...

The same arguement could be made for any player on a NBA roster pretty much... Sure. alot of people have never played in SVGs system... why is that a factor on how useful of a PG their are going to be? we have enough to go on seeing these guys for several years now - their shortcomings cant all be pinned on not having played for SVG before, or having played for Bhill before... Its a ridiculous arguement to state such. Both of the guys have not earned the entitlement to definatly be part of SVG's system, thats the bottom line - so now we have to "wait and see" what they can do?" We cant use them to better this team in any way?

rubbish I tell you. We would be better off just coming to the realization that that we have an undersized SG and a career back-up/3rd stringer vying for our starting job... and thats no way to make a impact in this league.

I really could care less if their mediocre games, inflated ego's, suspect leadership abilities, horrendous outside shots, turnovers and low assists have been given a chance under the SVG system.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Heres were this arguement goes sideways a bit for me... "none of them has shown us how they can do with Stans system"...

this applies to every player on the magic, or in the league for that matter, unless you were a part of his Miami team...

The same arguement could be made for any player on a NBA roster pretty much... Sure. alot of people have never played in SVGs system... why is that a factor on how useful of a PG their are going to be? we have enough to go on seeing these guys for several years now - their shortcomings cant all be pinned on not having played for SVG before, or having played for Bhill before... Its a ridiculous arguement to state such. Both of the guys have not earned the entitlement to definatly be part of SVG's system, thats the bottom line - so now we have to "wait and see" what they can do?" We cant use them to better this team in any way?

rubbish I tell you. We would be better off just coming to the realization that that we have an undersized SG and a career back-up/3rd stringer vying for our starting job... and thats no way to make a impact in this league.

I really could care less if their mediocre games, inflated ego's, suspect leadership abilities, horrendous outside shots, turnovers and low assists have been given a chance under the SVG system.

I'm just saying Arroyo did well in Utah. What happen there was the coach and hiim did not get along so he got traded. but the uptempo game, arroyo did well. Larry brown & BHill had a slow tempo game. I just think Arroyo should get a chance to play an offense he likes to play.

quote:

I'm just saying Arroyo did well in Utah.

uhmmmm. I dont know what to say to that except...Arroyo's fans perception of how well he played in Utah is totally different from the actual truth...

They are first in line to tell you that Jameer sucked all last season (which he did), but the numbers he put up are comparable to if not better than the numbers CA put up in those two years playing in Utah ...

and thats when everybody says he played at his best....when he played "good" or "great" for Utah. Its been awhile since then as well...

As far as keeping Arroyo for the money he brings in via ticket sales, we arent the only ones cashing in on some ones ethnicity...

quote:
The Warriors are trying to move up to take Chinese prospect Yi Jianlian, who would not only give the club another scorer in Don Nelson's frantic offense, but would provide a marketing bonanza in the densely Asian populated Bay Area.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/basketball/321366_sonx27.html

quote:

quote:

I'm with you!! How many games the team was down and Arroyo went in distributing the ball well and tied the game and then coach put JAmeer in the game to loose the game with his ball hoging and turn over pride. How many games Jameer have more than 5 asist with all that playing time he had. even in his slump Arroyo got asists .

Knappy

This Arroyo hating is ridiculous and gues what!? a Lot of people don't like Jameer. you call the people who like Arroyo more than Jameer ArroyoFan etc. well It cannot be clear enough the you are a Jameer Fanatic but more like a love affair or something because in the way you defend him like if it was something personal.

you know what? Arroyo is much Better than Jameer a lot more. everytime he was playing a good game coach took him out* even at the playoffs, If he made 1 mistake coach took him out and B-Hill was getting worst every game taking Arroyo's confidence while JAmeer was in his normal status Ball hoging and Turn Over attitude ALMOST EVERY GAME.

Oh and Knappy Every time you post some Jammer Fanatic post almost all of them hating on Arroyo you know what we do( the ones who like Arroyo better because we know the truth) we laugh at you pointlol.gifLOLATYOU.gif

Funny this thread has 2227 views.