Sign in to follow this  
ibonedteribell

Carlos Arroyo will not play for his national team this year

* Copyright infringement, Ibone! Just kidding, man!

* Arroyo Fan, Barea is included in the 24 player roster for the PanAm Games that "El Nuevo Dia" published today.

* Very comprehensive post, The Seventh Seal, but I will take the liberty of quoting D-BoFats reaction to your very detailed post: DUMB decision by Arroyo!

HE should stay and work o his 3 point shooting. and mayyybe (reading a lot of things lately in the web of what some sports webpages recomend the magic to Trade Carlos) looking for a new home from where there is too much HEAT

quote:
Originally posted by CG:

Stan Van Gundy calls Carlos Arroyo:

SVG: Hi Carlos.

CA: Whatza Coach?

SVG: D-BoFats called me to tell me that you are not going to play for Puerto Rico in the PanAm Games in Brazil. Is that true?

CA: Yeah, Coach; that's right!

SVG: Well, Carlos, my good friend D-BoFats and I think that is a stupid decision. I personally believe you should continue polishing your PG skills and practicing your shot.

CA: But Coach, that was NOT my decision; I was more than willing and able to play for and represent my beloved Puerto Rico, but the National Team coaching staff felt that I needed the rest!

SVG: Aaanywho, I myself and D-BoFats still think that was a stupid decision on your part!!

CA: But Coach, come on!! That decision was not in my hands!!!

SVG: Carlitos, Carlitos, Carlitos... D-BoFats and I just have two words for you: STUPID DECISION!!!!! (click)

Hilarious!!

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

I read the article on the spanish paper, el nuevo dia, and I understood it was a decision by the comittee not Arroyo. It says that they want them, Arroyo and Santiago, to sit out the Pan Am games, but they want them back for the Caribean tourney.

In a way, I think it is good, that way he will be fresher back next season. In another way, I really wanted him to show us again what he can do if allowed to play freely.

I keep reading about JJ Barea and I like it a lot. I hope he gets the chance to show the world what he can do too.

The reason for not play Carlos and Daniel is because the comitte wants Carlos and Daniel to get more time to rest. Que ellos descanse un poco mas ellos si van a la competencia grande.

They going to be playing in the big competition

we have a secon team with good player and they goin to be in the Pan Am games.

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

That's a dumb move by Carlos, because a lot of his perceived value comes from his play with the PR team.

Dude, again, it wasn't his decision, he was told to rest. Maybe he had something to do with it, but maybe the program just wants to develop the younger talent, see what they have. He will play for the team soon.

dacivic I live in Puerto Rico that is he reason for Carlos and Daniel not playin. they want Carlos and Daniel to get a litle more rest.

Last years Carlos and Daniel was playin all year and they going to give more chance our young player to develop that is the reasonthey not going to play.

we should change the title to Carlos will not play in the Pan Am games this year, the little tiny tourney that doesn't mean anything, but HE WILL paly on all the other 3 tournaments that matter this year.......

but hey that could be too long for a title.