Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Harden Traded to Houston

This makes me think that we could have got a much better deal outta HOU for D12 but hey. I can see why harden left as he goes from 6th man to THE man for more dollars. But on the flip side he had a shot at a ring in a young classy organisation. This just reemphasises the Heat Lakers final. Should we skip the season and start it now?!

Just read Houston can offer 75-80m, big difference from 53m. Young enough to get paid and chase that ring later I guess.

And that's what they're going to give him.

Referring back to the point I made earlier, he has to sign by wednesday or he becomes an RFA.

Big dollars, he proved it off the bench so should excel in Houston. Your sig is epic man, from a Fins fan lol

We'll see. I like Harden but I'm skeptical if he can be the guy and I'm interested to see how he and Lin mesh, in that both basically operate off the pick n roll. Either way, his fantasy value just went up exponentially. Good pick :shard:

Hehe yeah I love Mark Barron. Dude is a monster. I was kinda shocked by the pick on draft day, but now I'm in love with him. I'm confident he'll to be a Pro Bowler in a few years.

We'll see. I like Harden but I'm skeptical if he can be the guy and I'm interested to see how he and Lin mesh, in that both basically operate off the pick n roll. Either way, his fantasy value just went up exponentially. Good pick :shard:

Hehe yeah I love Mark Barron. Dude is a monster. I was kinda shocked by the pick on draft day, but now I'm in love with him. I'm confident he'll to be a Pro Bowler in a few years.

I agree, the Bucs have underachieved so far but he has definitely been one of the big positives. When Freeman is ballin VJax is unstoppable too. Think my fins have surprised a few people, defence and Tannehill have stepped up!

I agree, the Bucs have underachieved so far but he has definitely been one of the big positives. When Freeman is ballin VJax is unstoppable too. Think my fins have surprised a few people, defence and Tannehill have stepped up!

Well I look at it this way: they haven't been blown out this season. They've been in every single game through the 4th quarter. Baby steps, baby steps. I think this win over Minnesota could really get the train moving, but we'll find out. In regards to Freeman, I just made a trade with my father for him in my big money fantasy league :shard: Romo is just too unreliable, plus I got your boy Reggie Bush out of it.

Tannehill has shocked me thus far. I thought he'd be decent down the line, but get his ass kicked early on. He's playing very very well, especially when you consider what he has around him. Now they just need to get him a few toys to play with. The defense is there, they just need to get to work on the other side of the ball. In hindsight, it's a shame they traded Marshall. There's a guy they could have really been utilizing right now.

nCoolness I see your point but not sure you can call a $20-25m pay rise greed, that is common sense in most people's eyes.

If Harden earned the right to get a raise for what you said $20-25 mill, thats not greed at all. That means he worked for it and earned it. But When harden was negotiating with Presti for the 4 year contract, OKC could only offer Harden $52mill. Harden really wanted $60 mill.

This was before the trade:

Harden, 23, recently turned down a four-year offer worth about $52 million, league sources told Yahoo! Sports. Harden, last season's Sixth Man of the Year, has been pushing for a maximum contract extension of four years, $60 million......sources said management will try to sell Harden on incentive clauses that could get his deal closer to the $60 million he wants.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--james-harden--thunder-continue-to-negotiate-contract-extension-27571809.html

Thats where the trouble began. OKC tried to increase it $53 mill and $54mill, still he won't agree. It was for the best to trade him, before OKC goes over Salary Cap.

I mean OKC is a small franchise like the Magic. They can only take what is need. OKC don't want to be swimming in debt like Magic under Otis Smith. Lakers, however, don't really care, they just want the star player. They are even willing to sign their soul to get a star player and win rings.

If Harden earned the right to get a raise for what you said $20-25 mill, thats not greed at all. That means he worked for it and earned it. But When harden was negotiating with Presti for the 4 year contract, OKC could only offer Harden $52mill. Harden really wanted $60 mill.

This was before the trade:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--james-harden--thunder-continue-to-negotiate-contract-extension-27571809.html

Thats where the trouble began. OKC tried to increase it $53 mill and $54mill, still he won't agree. It was for the best to trade him, before OKC goes over Salary Cap.

Yeah, that 2% increase should've made him sign on the spot...