2- New York

3- Indiana

4- Chicago

5- Boston

6- Brooklyn

7- Atlanta

8- Washington

Mine

Dammit, forgot the Sixers... I'd put them at 7 with Atlanta & Washington battling for 8

I think you have the Nets about right... funny since their idiot gm has spent a lot of money to may then a 6/7/8 seed. Is he following the Knicks/Magic model of cap hell?

You have the Celtics at 2? Really? Then again, outside the Heat, I do not see a sure number 2 so who knows.

Bulls are a question mark centered completely around rose.

I think you are wrong about the Hawks though as I think they are still a playoff team, 7/8th seed at best though.

Celtics look really good.

Rondo/Dooling/Bradley(when he returns from injury)

Lee/Terry

Perice/Green

Bass/Sullinger/Wilcox

Garnett/Melo/Collins

Bulls are a team I could see being in the 7 or 8th seed 75% of the year until D-Rose is fully healthy and then they make a late surge to take the 5th or 6th seed.

The Nets are a pretty overrated team in my opinion. Don't seem them getting any higher then 6th. The Knicks had a really overrated offseason, Raymond Felton is out of shape and not as good as he was 2years ago when he was on the Knicks. Jason Kidd is old and not nearly as productive as he once was. Shumpert is out for the season. They lost Fields. They lost Lin. Marcus Camby and Kurt Thomas are both very old. Ronnie Brewer is a solid defender but horrific on offense.

The Hawks have a lot of solid shooters on there team in Morrow,Jenkins,Williams,Korver and Devin Harris. I can see them as an 8th seed but really if you think about it there pretty much last years Nets(a lot of scoring guards)

1- Miami

2- New York

3- Indiana

4- Chicago

5- Boston

6- Brooklyn

7- Atlanta

8- Washington

Mine

New York to high Boston too low. 76ers are top 4 team. Agree with Washington and Atlanta battling for 8th

76ers at 7? Crazy

Not when you take into account their need to gel as a team and also try to account for the number of games Bynum is likely to miss.

If they end up as a number 7 seed due to early struggles/Bynum missing games, it could be a great first round series to watch.

I do not have the knowledge of our cap situation the year we went to the finals though I did not think it was that bad, so the cap hell I was referring to was the much much worse part. I am not sure if this is correct, but I found a cap for 2008-2009 of 69,000,000 + and our salaries were in the 67,000,000 range. Our team needing tweeking and instead... we all know the story.

Moves Otis made before we made it to the finals run started the path of ruin though, you can't just look at the end result and place the blame on that year.

New York to high Boston too low. 76ers are top 4 team. Agree with Washington and Atlanta battling for 8th

Boston tends to bomb during the season and improve a lot during the playoffs, Chicago is the other way around. And I know that putting NY at 2 is a bold move but I believe their talent level is one of the highest in the East.

The Sixers may be top 4 if Indiana has a bad season, it's very possible.

IMO it's very hard to predict the East because there are many "good" teams, and only 1 or 2 great teams. Some teams could finish 4th or not even make the playoffs (Atlanta for example)

I believe the Magic will finish 13th in the East, wouldn't be surprised with worse though

Boston tends to bomb during the season and improve a lot during the playoffs, Chicago is the other way around. And I know that putting NY at 2 is a bold move but I believe their talent level is one of the highest in the East.

The Sixers may be top 4 if Indiana has a bad season, it's very possible.

IMO it's very hard to predict the East because there are many "good" teams, and only 1 or 2 great teams. Some teams could finish 4th or not even make the playoffs (Atlanta for example)

I believe the Magic will finish 13th in the East, wouldn't be surprised with worse though

New York is overrated as hell. There way to old and injury prone

Miami

Indiana

Boston

Brooklyn

Philadelphia

New York

Chicago

Atlanta

Milwaukee

Orlando

Washington

Detroit

Cleveland

Toronto

Charlotte

All the teams after Chicago (except us, Charlotte, Detroit) should be fighting for that 8th seed. Should be interesting.

Moves Otis made before we made it to the finals run started the path of ruin though, you can't just look at the end result and place the blame on that year.

You are right about this, but my point was the cap hell started after the finals season. That was when the really bad moves were made. IMO, the finals team over achieved to a degree since we beat a Boston team without KG. They were growing as a team though, thus only tweaking was needed.