Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

I'm starting to get a really, really bad feeling deep down we're going to trade Dwight to la, houston will get bynum and we'll get practically nothing in return.. maybe some 2nd round picks in 2017.. we'll get martin and maybe lose one bad contract.. duhon probably

Dam this post depressed me.

Thought you'd like to know that David Pingalore, the sports director at WKMG who was the first guy to report that Dwight wanted Stan fired, was on JT the Brick's radio show overnight (Fox) pretty much bragging that he is responsible for the Magic's situation.

He said that Dwight was really embarrassed about how things unfolded with that Stan news conference and from then on, he probably was too sensitive to come back because of what happened because he wants to be liked. And for those of you who think that means Dwight's reputation is done, J.T. (who is in Vegas) and his broadcast partner, Tom Looney (sp?), who is in L.A., pretty much said, "Oh he just has some bad PR. He'll get to L.A. and win some titles and everyone will love him again." (FWIW, J.T. is a Knicks fan, and Looney is a Lakers fan.)

And Ping then said, "Well, if the Magic don't end up taking Bynum back, they'll probably get some cheap draft picks and just start over from the ground up."

J.T. asked how the fans, especially the season ticket holders, were going to react to that. And Ping said, in essence, well, they've had some people cancel season tickets, but the people here are used to that because they already had it happen to them with Shaq.

So, I just thought you'd like to know that Ping is bragging about being responsible for what has happened to the Magic. If you're a Magic fan, you might want to think about never watching that channel, or at least its local news. Ping is pretty much laughing at the Magic and all their fans now. You can be pretty sure that he'll make fun of them every chance he gets, too.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Dwight Howard won't say if he's sweet on L.A.

Dwight Howard stood outside a Dodger Stadium suite Tuesday night trying to decide what to eat off the dessert cart.

He took forever, and when he began to recite out loud, "eeny, meeny, miny, moe,"' I asked him if that was how he was going to pick where he played.

He mimicked as if he would, saying "this team and that team," but unfortunately stopping when his attention returned to the desserts.

Then his security guard got in my face and told me he does the talking for Howard. That will be fun if he comes to L.A.

A fan yelled to Howard, "Are you coming to L.A.?"

And Howard replied with the consent of his security guard, "I'm here now." He paused, and then added, "to rehab."

I asked about his back, which he had surgically repaired, and he said he will be fine for the start of the season, but he said he could not talk about basketball.

What else would you want to talk to Howard about?

A few minutes later the Dodgers showed Howard on the big screen in left field eating his dessert. He drew considerable applause, and I wonder what the reaction would be if they showed Andrew Bynum on the big screen.

The word around the Lakers earlier in the day was the team might know by Wednesday whether there is any reason to pursue Howard.

There was no meeting with Howard, as has been reported elsewhere, but they have been talking to the Orlando Magic steadily about Howard's availability.

The Lakers, though, now believe Orlando has no interest in Bynum, which has forced the Lakers' brass to look for a third team to place Bynum and secure what the Magic might take.

As for Howard, he settled on a huge caramel apple with M&Ms attached, and then also wanted a piece of lemon cake.

He does seem to want it all.

How do you figure?

Could happen.

A scenario that could play out would be Dwight willing to re-sign with Lakers but Bynum not willing to re-sign with Orlando, thus Houston comes in the picture to take on Bynum and send draft picks and maybe 2 rookies to Orlando.

Yep, as I figured. Houston seems like the most logical place for Bynum. But you better understand Houston would not send out nearly as much for Bynum as they would for Howard.

nobody here cares where what we send out ends up. we just care what comes back, i'm pretty sure that will dictate the deal for rob.

#ASIKSANITY

Wow surprised we don't have ANY interest in Bynum. Why give them Dwight if we don't even want their main piece? I still want to do a straight up deal with Houston.

Of course maybe HOU would rather have Bynum since he would probably stay... but I think Dwight would stay too.

You know what I don't care, just whatever gets us the most from Houston.

I think Dwight only wanted a stuffed teddy bear and a hug, is that too much to ask for?

Poor guy will have to settle for a multi million dollar contract that sets him and future generations up for life.

• Upvote 1

Wow surprised we don't have ANY interest in Bynum. Why give them Dwight if we don't even want their main piece? I still want to do a straight up deal with Houston.

Of course maybe HOU would rather have Bynum since he would probably stay... but I think Dwight would stay too.

You know what I don't care, just whatever gets us the most from Houston.

You think Houston's acquisition of Lin increased the chances Dwight re-ups with the Rockets?

I mean it could be some crazy inverse of Yao-McGrady LOL. The guard being Asian and the center being black lmao.

But seriously, Dwight if you are reading this

International market of close to 1.3 billion > New York Market of 8 million.

I hope HWNSNBU and Dwight know math.

There really hasn't been any indication that Houston is looking to receive Bynum. Their sights are set on Dwight and all the talk otherwise is just wishful thinking by Laker fans.