Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

as long as they take jrich its a good deal the more i think bout it i dont want white tho.

I think the rockets will keep Kevin Martin in any deal now.

It would probly be

orlando receives: Lamb,Parsons,Jones,White,Patterson,toney douglas

houston receives: duhon,richardson,howard

• Downvote 2

Thought I would point out this guy to everyone. His name is BimaThug and he is Clutchfans cap-guru and is apparently on the level of Coon with his obsessiveness of all things cap and CBA only difference is that while Coon provides info on all the teams BimaThug basically sticks to the Rockets. His numbers are apparently accurate enough that some of the sports radio stations down in Houston even rely on his numbers from what I have gathered about him.

Anyways he is painting a picture that even if Houston obtains Lin and Asik they will still be able to do a trade with us.

That said you might want to peruse some of his latest tweets on this and see if they make sense....

Here is the link to his twitter account:

https://twitter.com/BimaThug

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

No sense of urgency for Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak as Dwight Howard trade rumors swirl

By Elliott Teaford on July 14, 2012 8:20 PM

Tomorrow's story tonight ...

LAS VEGAS -- General manager Mitch Kupchak and team vice president Jim Buss sat in section 104 of the Cox Pavilion watching the Lakers lose to the Sacramento Kings 84-72 in a summer league game Saturday.

They talked and watched and talked and watched, casually and easily and without any sense of urgency to their conversation. Every so often, Kupchak checked his phone for messages or to read or write text messages.

The rumor mill was cranked up to full throttle, with the Lakers said to be discussing a trade that would bring center Dwight Howard to Los Angeles from the Orlando Magic. Kupchak and Buss seemed a world away from the chatter, however.

Kupchak declined comment and Buss left his seat with the Lakers trailing 62-57 going into the fourth quarter. Kupchak spent the rest of the game watching the Lakers' collection of rookies, second-year players and try-outs lose for the second straight day.

Kupchak said he continues attempts to re-sign backup forward Jordan Hill and expects talks on a contract extension for center Andrew Bynum to intensify "sooner rather than later." Assuming Bynum is still a member of the Lakers, that is.

HoopsWorld.com reported Saturday the Lakers, Magic and Cleveland Cavaliers discussed a multi-player trade. Howard would go to the Lakers, Bynum would go to the Cavaliers and Orlando would receive a package of picks and prospects.

However, no deal was imminent, according to the website.

The Lakers and the Houston Rockets are said to be the front-runners to land Howard, who told the Magic on Friday he wasn't willing to rescind his trade request and give a still-to-be-named coaching staff a chance.

The Cavaliers would ask that Bynum be signed to a long-term extension before entering into serious discussions about such a three-team trade, according to a Cleveland newspaper.

Kupchak would neither confirm nor deny the talks. He said his immediate priority was to strengthen the Lakers' bench, which is heavy with guards and thin on forwards at present. Hill's re-signing appears to be atop Kupchak's to-do list.

"Absolutely, we need to work on our bench, get a stronger bench," he said.

Kupchak also said he was in contact with Bynum's agent, David Lee.

"I talk to his representative more than most representatives," Kupchak said of Lee. "He's deeply involved with his clients and he works hard with general managers on behalf of his clients. Over the last few weeks, we've had light discussions. ...

"We'll get to it sooner rather than later."

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2012/07/no-sense-of-urgency-for-lakers.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

• Upvote 1

Thought I would point out this guy to everyone. His name is BimaThug and he is Clutchfans cap-guru and is apparently on the level of Coon with his obsessiveness of all things cap and CBA only difference is that while Coon provides info on all the teams BimaThug basically sticks to the Rockets. His numbers are apparently accurate enough that some of the sports radio stations down in Houston even rely on his numbers from what I have gathered about him.

Anyways he is painting a picture that even if Houston obtains Lin and Asik they will still be able to do a trade with us.

That said you might want to peruse some of his latest tweets on this and see if they make sense....

Im read a tweet where houston could get a tpe from suns and use it to take another bad contract from us some thats really good news so watch for that guys. and im now following this guy on twitter thx for the link.

I wanna keep BBD as well, he played well for us in the playoffs w/o Dwight, he showed he could be the guy to step up some nights, if needed. Even had some jump shot hot streaks. Turk I dont care about, if he doesnt force anything he can be a decent floor manager, with our lack of good PG depth and all.

Id rather keep BBD than Turk.

also what rockets offer now?

Marc Stein‏@ESPNSteinLine

Jeremy Lin clock did eventually, officially start tonight after all the, uh, delays. NYK have until 11:59 PM TUES to match on Lin. Or pass

Expand Reply

Retweet

Favorite

I wanna keep BBD as well, he played well for us in the playoffs w/o Dwight, he showed he could be the guy to step up some nights, if needed. Even had some jump shot hot streaks. Turk I dont care about, if he doesnt force anything he can be a decent floor manager, with our lack of good PG depth and all.

Id rather keep BBD than Turk.

also what rockets offer now?

it depends on how many contracts henny wants to dump. more contracts less prospects or other way around. but raptors pick has to be included as well as the dallas pick or one of houstons when u factor in hennys belifes on building throw the draft

Also told Rockets, even if they unexpectedly land Lin AND Omer Asik, still think they've got Dwight trade offers (yes, plural) to please ORL

Thats what i needed to hear! :creaturedance:

i was reading over his twitter, he made an interesting point about what happened tonight with lin and how it may not be a done deal that knicks will not match.

David Weiner ‏@BimaThug

Have theory on why NYK ducked HOU's offer sheet for Lin today: once they accept it, Lin's cap hold dramatically increases on their books...

David Weiner ‏@BimaThug

...If increased cap hold took Knicks over luxury tax apron ($74M), they probably couldn't make Felton trade under cap rules...

David Weiner ‏@BimaThug

"Nontaxpayers" (NYK before Lin offer sheet acceptance) can trade for 150% of outgoing salary; taxpayers can only get back 125%.

Also told Rockets, even if they unexpectedly land Lin AND Omer Asik, still think they've got Dwight trade offers (yes, plural) to please ORL

Thats what i needed to hear! :creaturedance:

What Houston finds pleasing and what Orlando finds pleasing could be two totally different things.

Guys, relax...the Rockets are so far under the cap with the scola amnesty its amazing...http://hoopshype.com/salaries/houston.htm...they have 33 million in committed salary WITH Kevin Martin, who will be traded to us. Minus his salary and that puts them at 10 mil. (including the scola amnesty). Sure they have some minor contracts to add to this.. They can still put packages together even with BOTH Lin and Asik...dont be so fast to think neither one will be matched though....