Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

There are always those fans who blindly root for athletes as if they're gods who can do no wrong. That segment of the fan base would be ecstatic. To most rational people he'll forever look like an ass from this point forward.

There will also be people willing to forgive and forget should he re-commit himself to the franchise. Not because he is viewed "as a gad and can do no wrong", but because he is human and deserves a second (or third) chance. The fact that he is, hands down, the best center in the league helps as well.

Personally, I would welcome him back under those circumstances. However, I also doubt he is willing, nor able, to actually re-commit himself to the Magic.

Easiest way to completely STOP Dwight from going to Brooklyn is for any team to just have Brook Lopez sign their offer sheet.

Dwight to Brooklyn and Jarrod Rudolph's "Dwight to Brooklyn 90%" will all be DEAD.

:happypuppy:

NJ's fear is just that, particularly from Portland. Though if I were them, I would stay away from big men with health issues.

Easiest way to completely STOP Dwight from going to Brooklyn is for any team to just have Brook Lopez sign their offer sheet.

Dwight to Brooklyn and Jarrod Rudolph's "Dwight to Brooklyn 90%" will all be DEAD.

:happypuppy:

You mean a team like Portland? Could happen before the day is over since they missed out on Hibbert.

Edit: Looks like I was a minute late on that one.

This is great information and I love hearing about our future, but if you look at the ESPN report.....Drummond ownd the entire Magic squad in their slanted highlighted report! Nothing positive from/about our boys!! However it did suprise me that BS ot the OS gave plenty of love in ther article this morning!!!!! Strange!!! BS providing posivite press....hmmmmm I wonder what he's up to???? LOL!!!!

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8154996/2012-summer-league-nicholson-oquinn-look-tug-superman-cape

This went up last night. Mentions O'quinn dominating Drummond, along with AN playing a hell of a couple games.

I guess what I don't get is why would Lopez agree to a trade here? He's apparently getting a max deal regardless.

No state income tax and lifetime passes to Disney World?

There will also be people willing to forgive and forget should he re-commit himself to the franchise. Not because he is viewed "as a gad and can do no wrong", but because he is human and deserves a second (or third) chance. The fact that he is, hands down, the best center in the league helps as well.

Personally, I would welcome him back under those circumstances. However, I also doubt he is willing, nor able, to actually re-commit himself to the Magic.

I second this. As exciting as the Houston package looks if rebuilding is the plan, I'd much rather have the best center in the League, and a player that all other teams have to adjust to and prepare for. There is no way to immediately replace him, or even replace him in a few short years. If all of this could be repaired, I'd welcome him back whole-heartedly.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

After spending most of Tuesday negotiating with Rockets and Lakers, Orlando has re-engaged Brooklyn today, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Rich Devos is going to "accommodate" Dwight Howard. If this happens, WOW.

I guess what I don't get is why would Lopez agree to a trade here? He's apparently getting a max deal regardless.

He's the next grant hill... Will be trying to make a recovery every season + florida has no state tax. So he says "i aint playing, so i might as well make more money while i rehab"