Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

There are two things I hate about the Houston proposals that I have heard.

1). The Magic end up with Kevin Martin. It literally makes me seasick watching that guy play. He leans ALL THE TIME. And he never stops shooting, even when he sucks. I can't watch that for an entire season.

2). The Magic end up with a TON of players who have never played a single game in the NBA. It's too many for just one season. It will be like watching Summer League all season. Teams that do that usually end up be horrifically bad for several seasons because there is no one to lead the way for them, they end up ball-hogging and they never get on track. (See Washington Wizards before they traded most of their headcases in the past 6 months because they are tired of that hot mess.)

1. He's an expiring, you get that right?

2. That's usually what rebuilding entails. But we would be getting some promising young talent. We will be bad for a couple years, get good draft picks of our own to pair with the ones we get in the deal, and put all that in the hands of our draft guru GM.

I love everything about it.

Imagine if we took Billy King's (Nets) deal we'd be stuck playing Luke Walton, Shelden Williams, and Damion Jones - and I've never even heard of this guy.

And we'd be stuck with a $78 million 5-yr contract for Brook Lopez.

I hate that deal equally as much.

There are three things I hate about the Houston proposals that I have heard.

1). The Magic end up with Kevin Martin. It literally makes me seasick watching that guy play. He leans ALL THE TIME. And he never stops shooting, even when he sucks. I can't watch that for an entire season.

2). The Magic end up with a TON of players who have never played a single game in the NBA. It's too many for just one season. It will be like watching Summer League all season. Teams that do that usually end up be horrifically bad for several seasons because there is no one to lead the way for them, they end up ball-hogging and they never get on track. (See Washington Wizards before they traded most of their headcases in the past 6 months because they are tired of that hot mess.)

3). We already gifted them T-Mac in 2004. I don't want to be the Rockets' D-League team anymore than I want to be the Lakers'.

3. Who cares, the past is past, the future is NOW!!

dream trade- Parsons, Lamb, Patterson, Toronto 1st for Dwight Jrich and Duhon

I would be ecstatic with that trade but i don't think we pry parsons away from them.

I hate that deal equally as much.

If you really hate that deal EQUALLY as much as the Houston deal, you literally have the basketball smarts of a 3 year old North Korean girl.

1. He's an expiring, you get that right?

2. That's usually what rebuilding entails. But we would be getting some promising young talent. We will be bad for a couple years, get good draft picks of our own to pair with the ones we get in the deal, and put all that in the hands of our draft guru GM.

I love everything about it.

Yeah, I get that Martin is an expiring. We still have to watch him for a year.

Most rebuilding teams don't play ALL first- and second-year players during the same season. The Magic would be getting back two first-year players and a second-year player if you get Parsons. They already have two first-year players and two second-year players of their own. That is not rebuildihg. That is total chaos.

3). We already gifted them T-Mac in 2004. I don't want to be the Rockets' D-League team anymore than I want to be the Lakers'.

We have a couple guys who can lead and lead by example. We resigned Meer for a reason. Our heart. JJ can teach these young cats professionalism, and BBD will lead by hard work and hustle.

I would be ecstatic with that trade but i don't think we pry parsons away from them.

I dont think so either, thats why its my dream trade. I think he's probably the one guy they will refuse to give up. I'd sure love to get him though. I'm a die hard Gator fan and from what Ive seen, he looks much more suited for the NBA game than college. Guy's a stud

why didnt we just trade howard for lowry + picks before draft? then if wanted,coulda let meer walk and sign anderson. Not ure of Lowrys contract tho.

1) Kmart is an expiring contract of 12 mil so relax. Plus, he can score no matter how sideways he's leaning.

2) Yes some young players but good young players. Plus we will still have Meer, JJ, and Baby in our starting lineup. Worse case we start 2 rookies at most.

3) Compare this trade to Nets deal. Now apologize for bad mouthing this deal when we almost dealt with the nets. Not to mention we get a lottery protected pick out of this.

:lol: at least he's expiring. The best thing about Kevin Martin is that he is pretty efficient. He puts up the quietest 30 point games you'll ever see, but at the same time he doesn't really have a negative effect on teammates. Not a black hole.

Could make for a very ugly season, but hopefully that means a great draft pick. Chances are at least one of the rookies can break out into an allstar.

:lol: at least he didn't win a championship like Shaq. T-Mac and Yao were a curse that pretty much wasted a decade for the Rockets.

why didnt we just trade howard for lowry + picks before draft? then if wanted,coulda let meer walk and sign anderson. Not ure of Lowrys contract tho.

Lowry is only owed 12 mil over the next 2 years but I'm assuming it was just to much to fast as Good Job Rob had just got hired. Needed more time to see what all was out there.