Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

He drafted a better player in Nicholson.

We don't need Anderson anymore. He can not do what Nicholson can. Just relax and have faith in Hennys eye for talent being better than Otis's.

Remember the system made Hedo into a borderline all star. How did he play the next year in Toronto?

True. Good point.

Nicholson did look good. I just really came to like ryan anderson and the effort he gave out there. He was only getting better.

Nicholson does look good tho. So did Harper with some nice range.

Agreed, he was a 7' footer, WHO AVERAGED 4 and 4!!!

Anderson is 6'10 led league in 3pters and just so happens to get 8 rebounds per game next to the best rebounder in the game..

No sense in arguing it, we all want the same thing, but i just hope this GM isn't in over his head.

No way he works under Sam Presti for 4 years and then makes this terrible trade being rumored..

Please stop. Gortat was playing behind the best center in the league. Everyone knew Gortat was going to break out given the opportunity. Anderson got his numbers playing beside the best center in the league, who will no long be on this team. That's why we didn't match, it's as simple as that

@WojYahooNBA

The Rockets refuse to give up on the Dwight Howard derby, gathering more assets to try and entice the Orlando Magic to engage in talks

Lets go rockets

your telling me Lakers don't swap Bynum for Howard straight up if we offer them it?

You have a lot of catching up to do. I suggest you start by reading the entire 2012 off season thread. Yes, the monster

Of course they would, but see Bynum apparently does not want to come here. So why would the Magic offer it.

He didn't come out and say he wouldn't sign.

I remember him making a comment"are there banks in orlando"

money talks, and honestly, even if he left, we could do the same thing and trade him if he didn't want to stay, if he left, so be it, we would at least get the cap space, rather than get a slightly above average center who will be making close to Max money for next 4 years.

"Lopez"

IF Dwight gets traded to Houston, then Dwight cannot sign with Brooklyn in the offseason as a free agent (BKL doesn't have the cap room to sign him).

At that point, what are Dwight's options? He either has to sign an extension and stay in with Houston or find a team with cap space that can sign him as a free agent. What major market team will have that kind of cap space available in 2013? Dallas?

The point is that Houston knows that even though Dwight might not want to extend with them, he might not have a better option.

Give Houston credit for (potentially) going all in to get Dwight. It could pay off for them big time.

You could say the same thing about Orlando if we don't trade him.

Yes, you will see top 55 protected (which is the maximum protection) sometimes. I can't remember the last time this happened, but its usually when a team wants to give a player max raises and the other team agrees, so a S & T has to occur.

I did not know that. Weird

Best case scenario imo is we do this Houston deal and get Parsons, rooks, Martin's expiring, picks and then we sign Bynum in 2013. He gets his own team, no taxes...

Of course this is best case scenario which never happens for us so.

Best case scenario imo is we do this Houston deal and get Parsons, rooks, Martin's expiring, picks and then we sign Bynum in 2013. He gets his own team, no taxes...

Of course this is best case scenario which never happens for us so.

I agree, i like the houston deal, clear some space, be terrible for a year, then get a Max FA