Sign in to follow this  
DanA_TBDP

Why are we a slow paced team?

Forgive me if this doesn't deserve it's own thread but I wasn't sure where else to put it. Watching the game last night really made me wonder why we ever were a slow paced team and why we return to it at the end of games?

I know there's a trade-off of defense and Stan loves him some D but most of our points given up aren't open looks, they're a product of having no rim protection. When Dwight was healthy, we would've had that.

This team-ball, higher paced game has seemed to spark something in Meer, JRICH, and Q. The higher pace also seems to open up more free-rebounding chances for BBD and Ryno as opposed to being boxed out more in the half court.

I may be wrong but I remember us being near the middle or top half of the league in pace our finals run.

And at the end of games (especially last night) it looks like we go back to the half court crap. We don't have a guy who can constantly create his own offense in the half court and so we don't constantly get open looks.

What gives? I'm not trying to berate Stan but I don't see why we've tried to be a half court team all year long. We have 3 point shooters, the most athletic center in the league, and guys in JRICH and Q who have played their best career ball in up-tempo systems.

Dwight should be used as a rebounder and defender first, offensive guy second. I agree we should use him on the move A LOT more rather than standstill postups.