Sign in to follow this  
Tactical Tomato

What are they doing in Phoenix?

I came across this article yesterday detailing some of the "unorthodox" methods employed by the Phoenix Suns training staff. It just SEEMS based on purely anecdotal evidence that they have the most success with keeping players on the floor, especially the old guys.

http://valleyofthesu...+of+the+Suns%29

There seems to be some sort of consensus that these guys are the REAL DEAL. Why then, have there not been more stories about teams trying to emulate whats going on out there. I can definitely understand if a team cannot perfectly emulate the results but it seems that with the millions of dollars that teams spend on personnel, it would be wise to also have the best PREVENTATIVE sports medicine available, especially considering that injuries that require surgery are high costs.

I do understand that there are many variables that go into why a player is injured. It also seems that the Magic have real bad luck with keeping veteran players in top form, granted, im sure there are tons of other teams that have had worse luck like the trailblazers. I guess I'm just kind of wondering out loud why other teams don't actively step-up their training staff. From what I can tell it's not like the owner of the Suns is a big spender for the team either....