TheOrlandoTragic

Sources: Howard demands SVG to be fired

Well, since you asked, I am just a smart @ss with no real good ideas on the Topic. Learning under a great coach does not mean success. The triangle here? Who would be our Kobe?

I guess McMillan would be the best fit especially since Howard is apparently running the show.

I too think Stan is a fine coach and this whole situation sucks. But no way you can not cave into Howards demand since the players sell the tickets, not the coach.

Kobe might be our kobe if Brown keeps pissing him off and bynum decides to go after ryan andersons 3 point records. That lakers team is on the verge of an implosion and kobe might just tell management he wants out...again. Getting it to work would require someone other than Otis. Otis is like a cockroach...he seemingly survives forever even though he is what needs to be eradicated most.

Of course JJ should be starting and J-Rich should be coming off the bench. OF COURSE Ish Smith, Stan Van Gundy, or Krusty the Clown should be backup PG instead of Chris Duhon. These are two immediate, in house, rotation moves that need to happen, needed to happen at least a MONTH ago, and are two moves so obvious a blind deaf and mentally handicapped mute could recognize and figure it out. Redick flat out FITS better with the other four starters much more often than not, and J-Rich would be more free to be the primary scorer playing with Davis & Ish (or, bleh, Duhon) as opposed to Dwight & Jameer who need THEIR shots. This isn't fantasy basketball, we don't need 5 20 point scorers at the same court at the same time. Someone needs to pass, SOMEONE needs to rebound, someone needs to D up like Lee & MP used to do. To put it as simply as possible, all Jason does is go off screens and shoot threes. Redick can shoot, go off screens, pass, actually run a pick and roll now and then, and actually try to stay in front of his man on defense!

J.J. is a glue guy, Rich is a chucker at this point in his career unless he gets multiple days rest. Plain and simple.

The Ish-Duhon argument is simple. Outside of catch-and-shoot threes, Duhon sucks. End of discussion.

Stan is a real good Xs and Os coach, but his stubborn rotations (Tony Battie over Gortat for nearly a whole year, burying Ariza, starting a not-ready Jameer in the Finals, Bass over Anderson, no response to Turkaflu stretches, WHERE is Earl Clark, etc. etc.) will be the death of him, the Magic, maybe both... how long someone has been in the league should not guarantee you your spot as a starter, or in the rotation! The players are playing like there are no consequences for their lazy play, either. Stan *****es all day about things like turnovers and lazy D, but doesn't DO anything about anything he says! So why should the players care if he complains? He's all bark and not much bite.

Unfortunately, Stan just hasn't learned from the past and I don't see it changing anytime soon. Hopefully the players he's playing, talking about Hedo, J-Rich, Duhon, mostly, start ballin' better like Glen Davis has lately.

Overall I do like Stan, but he's not exactly Red Auerbach, either. :svgsad:

Couldn't have said it better. People talk of SVG like he is freaking Popovich and isn't to blame for anything.

• Upvote 1

Kobe might be our kobe if Brown keeps pissing him off and bynum decides to go after ryan andersons 3 point records. That lakers team is on the verge of an implosion and kobe might just tell management he wants out...again. Getting it to work would require someone other than Otis. Otis is like a cockroach...he seemingly survives forever even though he is what needs to be eradicated most.

Otis = cockroach

Nice

News

Chris Broussard Just said on ESPN that he talked to Dwight Today and said Dwight told him he hasn't talked to Orlando management or ownership about firing Stan Van Gundy

Dwight wouldn't say he did though.

Am I the only one that wouldn't want the Phil Jackson philosophy being coached here? We don't have the type of players for the system he has found championships with...for example, we don't have a crazy hall of fame SG like Jordan or Kobe. All we have is a Shaqesque type player in Dwight, and even then, he is different from Shaq.

With our current roster, you are correct, but within 2 years the Zenmaster would be able to attract the kind of player that works in his system, and this team could be the second coming of the 1990's Bulls. Maybe even better because the Bulls did it without a decent center. It's true that Phil said Dwight is the kind of player that he would like to build a team around, but he will NEVER come to Orlando. I will not expound on the reasons because I know you all love this town, but honestly, knowing the type of person Phil is, what would attract him to to want to live in Orlando?