Beast From The East

GameThread Magic @ Pistons 4/3/12

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Magic
    • Pistons

No one here thinks Ping's word is worth anything, just passing along his rumors.

Good to hear. I'm new here so when I first read that I was like :panicworker:

And if this Ping guy was reliable and it was true, imagine how Stan would feel hearing this after all he's done for the team and, just recently, sticking up for Dwight after the Haywood punch thing.

That would be an uppercut followed by an elbow from Dwight to Stan.

This teams (players and management) ability to exceed my patience is unbounded.

Keep Ryno and Ish send rest to D-leauge. . And Howard to where the hell he wants to go. . Rebuilding time. .

Somebody pls tell Redick, he is neither Chris Mullin nor Danny Ainge. .

This teams (players and management) ability to exceed my patience is unbounded.

Keep Ryno and Ish send rest to D-leauge. . And Howard to where the hell he wants to go. . Rebuilding time. .

Somebody pls tell Redick, he is neither Chris Mullin nor Danny Ainge. .

So you are suggesting rebuilding this team around Anderson and Ish? LOL

I like them both, but neither would be considered a key building block for a team at this point. Anderson would a key piece, but not a player you would build you team around.

If Dwight says "Stan + Dwight = no rings",

and given management's assumption that "Stan + no Dwight = no rings",

you let SVG go and look for a new coach.

It happens. It's a business. SVG is a grown-up, and he understands that if Dwight doesn't want to play under him, there's no chance he's gonna win it all with the Magic anyway.

It's not the end of the world for either party.

Let's see how it plays out...

If Dwight says "Stan + Dwight = no rings",

and given management's assumption that "Stan + no Dwight = no rings",

you let SVG go and look for a new coach.

It happens. It's a business. SVG is a grown-up, and he understands that if Dwight doesn't want to play under him, there's no chance he's gonna win it all with the Magic anyway.

It's not the end of the world for either party.

Let's see how it plays out...

Wow your all backwards.....

Wow your all backwards.....

I don't quite understand what you mean, if you care to elaborate that would be :happypuppy:

I don't quite understand what you mean, if you care to elaborate that would be :happypuppy:

Sure......

You suggesting that SVG + Dwight = No Rings (Ofcourse your clarifying that "If" Dwight says it... cop out)...... is that just some random thought, or is there is some actual math behind your logic?

To me that line itself, is completely ridiculous because its more than Dwight and SVG. But your okay to point out 2 people who have always had rumors of their relationship either being good or bad year after year..... even after the Finals....

To simplify your tarnished formula, you would need to change your variables to something more factual:

Otis + Orlando Magic = No Rings

The reason why I chose these variables is because of the job function of each role in a basketball organization.

The Player - Plays to win, listens to the coach and executes what has been given to him...... much like a young Marine

The Coach - Coaches to win, scouts the competition, manages the game, practices his game plan with the players.... like a squad leader, platoon Sergeant

The GM - Makes decisions to win, signs players, trade players, sign coaches, look for other opportunities to make the team better... like an Officer or General

Orlando Magic - Is all about money and winning, which comes hand in hand. Their job is to put the best product on the floor.... like the Marine Corps in itself.

Looking at the above, and having watched our team for many years now....... Their are 2 areas that I could easily circle and write up 100 threads on why we wont win because of them, which are Otis and the Orlando Magic.

If you took the same roster and gave it to Phil, Pop... they would not get the same success..... and anyone who says different needs a mental eval.