Babir_9

2012 Offseason

I like this part "I have the utmost respect for the Magic organization, for the people of Orlando. Everything I did was from my heart, and I would never do anything to betray my city."

He can **** off.

• Upvote 1

Anyone have Jarrods story because I got blocked from his tweets

jarrod rudolph reporting for realgm. I just got off the phone with dwight. he said to me exclusively "read woj's article." I then asked him if he had any free adidas gear I could have, but he hung up.

He's gonna be the most hated player in the NBA. This makes "The Decision" look normal.

After Dwight's endeavors I have to seriously apologize to LeBron, the decision isn't even that bad anymore. And at least LeBron resembles a decent human being now

C'mon. These MEMEs are childish. You guys are better than that.

The one thing I don't get is why he is having to retract something that ESPN says it was told by Dwight's camp. The thing about "blackmail" is literally the only thing in the new Yahoo story that is different from anything that he has said at some point in the past. Where does he think Broussard and Bucher got it from?

The only other source who would want ESPN to be reporting that story would be the Nets.

• Downvote 4

Jarrod N Rudolph ‏@JRudolphSports

Piece should be up in a moment. Howard didn't get into the reported trade request. He did, however, speak to the "sources" fueling stories.

it's up on realgm...

I am more curious if he has asked to be traded again or not...

notice how Howard said... 'IF' he gets traded, he will only resign with one team...

so it's just an IF... I thought it's a 'when thing' already?

Dwight Howard’s name has been associated with many things this season. The association, however, has been opposite of the wholesome, fun-loving superstar that was one of the NBA’s most popular players. Howard has been recently been labeled a quitter, diva, coach killer and most recently a victim of “blackmail.”

Howard, who is currently in Los Angeles rehabbing from back surgery, has remained quiet throughout the chatter. But the six-time All-Star decided that the reports alleging “blackmail” was something that he needed to immediately respond to.

"I never used the word 'blackmail' in reference to any of my dealings with the Magic,” Howard told RealGM. “And I never said the Magic blackmailed me.”

Howard is vehemently denying an ESPN report that he has told people that the Magic “blackmailed” him into signing the opt-in clause on March 15. While that report is the current headline-grabber, Howard has been the subject of numerous reports quoting unnamed sources that have placed him several unfavorable situations this season.

Fans and players have closely followed the drama-filled situation in Orlando. Many have grown tired of Howard’s perceived immaturity and me-first mentality they believe ruined the season of the Magic. Howard, however, has grown tired of the numerous reports being written. They are creating a negative perception around him that he feels is unwarranted and untrue.

Howard is challenging reporters to use facts and sources that are willing to go one the record and stand behind their claims, not the unnamed sources that are offering one side of a story.

“I'm tired of reporters using 'sources' to print inaccurate and defamatory stories about me,” he said. “It is past time for these reporters to quote their sources. Especially since what is being printed is not true and damages my reputation every day."

Howard had no comment on the reports that he’s requested a trade to the Brooklyn Nets, choosing to focus only on the report that is claiming he was duped into signing the opt-in clause. Heoward vowed to address the fans and media when the time is right.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/221965/Howard_Denies_Accusing_Magic_Of_Blackmail

Bolded part is all I needed to read.

Dwight Howard: “I'm tired of reporters using "sources" to print inaccurate and defamatory stories about me"

Dwight Howard: “It is past time for these reporters to quote their sources."

Dwight Howard: "Especially since what is being printed is not true and damages my reputation every day."