Babir_9

2012 Offseason

I wouldnt mind bynum. I'd hope Hedo is included on the trade

At this point I would take him as well, but only if Hedo is included. Not sure if that's possible without have to take back another bad contract or not but if we got Bynum and got rid of Hedo we could have a ton of cap next summer.

Legion Sports ‏@MySportsLegion

Source, Nets; Magic "closer" on deal for Dwight Howard, nothing imminent, but "closer" than before.

I hope this guy knows nothing and is making crap up. There is no way Hennigan can be that stupid....right?

Sure, they are closer. Because the Magic have now conceded they are willing to field offers for Howard. That still doesn't mean the Nets have anything to offer.

Bynum is a complete ***hole but he's probably the best your going to get back plus he'll re-sign.

There is no guarantee he would re-sign. The Magic might consider that -- or see if he would re-sign first -- before deciding to make a deal with the Lakers.

At this point I would take him as well, but only if Hedo is included. Not sure if that's possible without have to take back another bad contract or not but if we got Bynum and got rid of Hedo we could have a ton of cap next summer.

There would have to be more players involved for that to happen. The Lakers don't have the cap room to absorb Hedo's deal, and Dwight doesn't make THAT much more than Drew. If you kept Hedo, you still would have a little more cap room. He's only guaranteed $6 million next season, and even if you kept Drew, as I said, his starting salary on an extension would be a little less than Dwight's.

A question for me is whether Jordan Hill somehow comes into play here. The Magic reportedly have expressed some interest in him. Thinking outside the box here, but I don't know if it's in a deal for Dwight, because what about Bynum? Unless maybe Bynum might be going to a third team and the Magic might get something back from that team too.

I think Legion Sports read it wrong.

I read it that way at first as well. That would be an interesting move if Bynum were sent to a 3rd or 4th team though.

For me, I guess it depends on if he wins championships. I'm still pissed at Shaq...but have given T-Mac a pass for some reason.

I think it's because T-Mac just flat out didn't have any help here whatsoever. He carried the Magic on his back for years until it literally gave out.

No, you don't want that.

What you want is for me to make some arbitrary list of things I think would be useful to receive in a trade, so that you and the other people on this board can grossly misrepresent that list, and use it in a transparent attempt to tear me down, building yourselves up in the process. That was obvious the first time someone attempted it with me on this board literally years ago, and it's certainly obvious now. Also: it's bafflingly ludicrous.

And it's especially ludicrous given that I've already stated, literally in each of my last two *****ing posts, that there is no set of options that will be put on the table by any team in the league that is worth more than the 19m decrease in CAP commitment we get at the end of the season for simply having Dwight's contract end. Obtaining marginal players on ho-hum contracts to say you got something is lunacy, and if that lunacy costs drags your own pick kicking and screaming out of the lottery, then your short-sightedness is now not only stupid, but comically counter productive.

Tell Dwight to shut up and play. If he doesn't, you suspend him until he does and you move on with your life.

It is not my fault nor my problem that there is a rather large contingent of this board that is unable or unwilling to think further into the future than yesterday. While that's obviously tragic for you, I have no interest in letting you drag me into your private hell.

Good day.

flRWu.gif

Realgm reporting the Lakers are considering Jameer (among others)

Woj reported that earlier, and I said it then. Check that, it actually was Dave McMenamin, who writes the Lakers blog for ESPN. He also is the one who reported that the Magic have interest in Jordan Hill. He said the Lakers have made PG their top priority and they also already have reached out to Sessions and have interest also in Billups and Hinrich.

But that might be why they are talking to the Lakers, too. If Jameer has interest in the Lakers or the Lakers want him and would offer more money. If they don't make a trade, the Lakers wouldn't have more than the mini-midlevel to offer. (Do they still have that trade exception for the Odom deal? - McMenamin says the Lakers still have that $9 million TPE.)

But there are other PGs involved here, too, so we don't know. The Magic are probably talking to everyone right now. If Dwight's going to be traded, as J.Rich said, pretty much everyone is a possibility of being moved. The entire roster was built around Dwight so if you aren't going to have him anymore, then those all players' skills might not necessarily fit with the new roster. I would be surprised if every single player on the roster changed, but there could be significant changes.

I still don't see him being moved unless the Lakers offer Bynum. We said no to Houston when they had draft picks and then they drafted a million power forwards and we're kind of set there. The Nets don't have anything to offer.

LA and OKC are the only two teams (if OKC even jumps in) who IMO have a real shot of landing him.