Babir_9

2012 Offseason

But that's the point. Either way, a trade DOESN'T have to happen. If he leaves in 2013, he can sign with the lottery teams, because he'll have no choice; BKN and LA can't sign him outright. If he does sign with another team, we have $20 million more in cap room to spend on free agents instead of being forced an injured Bynum in a horrible trade.

If he decides it's best for him to stay here, we win as well.

Well, it is possible that Dwight would sign with Dallas -- or that some other team would blow up its roster to create cap room if Dwight were available. I think that's how the Lakers got Shaq. They blew up an entire roster from the trade deadline until the start of free agency and traded Vlade Divac for the rights to Kobe Bryant.

I won't let this go, by the way. We could of had C.J. Watson instead of Chris Duhon at the same price! Argh. :svgsad:

The Magic did try to get C.J. first. The first time, the Warriors held his rights. The second time, he chose to go to Chicago instead.

LOL, oh is that all?

BRB, going to text Rob after I DM'd him one night on Twitter. I'm gonna let him know this is all we need to do.

TITLE TIME FOLKS.

No but seriously, I get that people still want to keep Dwight and get Ellis and S-Jax and yadda yadda same ol same ol. Folks, this team needs a new image. Dwight is the girlfriend that you had for a looooong time. Sex was fantastic. Even thought about marriage. But the last 2 years of the relationship, she was playing the flute with the dude from 7-11. Then when you confronted her on it, she admitted it, and told you she wasn't going to stop.

It's not a matter of if, it's when now.

That is practically what Bianchi said on his radio show Friday morning, minus the flute reference.

If Ryan Anderson were to agree to a S&T to whatever team we trade Dwight to, we could add to the value. Anderson is the reigning MIP and is still young. The Lakers need a PF that would spread the floor and Anderson/Dwight combo with Nash and Kobe, they would be the favorite to win the title easily.

We could then move Gasol to a couple different teams: Memphis (reportedly wants to bring him back), Minnesota (offered Derrick Williams reportedly), Houston (whether they are still interested in him is "up in the air")

If we could land Bynum and Gasol, move Hedo and Ryan and flip Gasol, I think you have to make that deal. If you aren't happy with Bynum you can move on after a year or you can extend him if he shows he can stay healthy.

Bynum alone is better than anything NJ, Houston or any other team can offer IMO.

If the Magic could have moved Hedo, then they might have been able to bring in someone to help Dwight here. That's a lot of ifs.

The Magic did try to get C.J. first. The first time, the Warriors held his rights. The second time, he chose to go to Chicago instead.

Didn't Golden State want 2 firsts and Anthony Johnson for him or something ridiculous like that? They then signed and traded him to the Bulls the following season for a heavily protected 2nd rounder.

If Dwight thinks winning a ring will automatically repair his image, he's delusional.

Newflash to Dwight and other petulant stars who treat their fans and organizations like crap: Winning a ring doesn't make you a winner. If you treat people like crap, you're just a jerk with a ring. Is Lebron more widely liked just because the Heat won?

The euphoria of a championship wears off by the time the next season starts. You think Shaq is or ever will be welcomed back by the fans and organizations in Orlando, LA or Miami just because he led them to championships? Shaq may have rings, but he has no "home". He left all those teams on bad terms and is not wanted back in any capacity. And don't think he doesn't regret it.

Lebron went on Letterman's show the week after the Heat won the championship and got a standing ovation. Last I checked, that's not broadcast from a Miami studio.

And I think Shaq is perfectly fine with how his career turned out. He made a lot of money, won 4 rings, and now he runs a lot of businesses with all the money he made, is on TV talking basketball, and still gets endorsement deals.

People have short memories. Dwight might never be as popular as he once was, but people will get over it and he'll be popular again. Not with everyone but with a lot of people. Besides, teams are falling all over themselves to get him NOW so I think this popularity thing is being overexaggerated.

FWIW - this is from davey_wavy on RealGM talking about players he's run into this week and had this to say about Courtney Lee:

If we're showing interest, I'm inclined to think:

a) we're shipping out a SG

b ) in doing so, we may be trading with Houston because we can't afford him (at his MSRP - lol) with what we have (MLE).

c) if we're trading Dwight to Houston, I don't see the need to bring in CLee and eat into the cap. So, maybe 3-team trade with LA where we get Bynum, Ebanks, Lee?

Am I reaching?

I must have missed it, where did all this C Lee talk come from?

So Courtney Lee isn't on our squad anymore, but I ran into him today at GameStop in the millennia mall. Actually closer to 6'6'' IMO, he was very humble and seemed surprised that somebody finally acknowledged who he was. I thanked him for his time here and he said Orlando is one of the teams expressing interest in him right now. I said that's awesome, buthe quickly came back and said the magic are holding tight until Dwight is sorted out (he pronounced it duh-white). I shine his hand and said good look.

Some dude from RealGM