Babir_9

2012 Offseason

LOL @ the people now loving Bynum, after they hated him last year when we were also thinking about trading D12.

I don't want Bynum on this team, PERIOD. He's immature, injury prone, and honestly, maybe the most overrated big man in the NBA today.

At this point, i'd rather let D12 walk at the end of the year. He won't be able to sign outright with Brooklyn or LA; actually, not even with most teams that are competing for a championship. We'd free up 19 million in capspace immediately to sign more talent or another superstar. If Dwight decides he wants to stay, then we can sign him again if we want to.

If we're rebuilding anyways, might as well do it the right way. Let's tank without trading back for more stupid contracts. I am not for handing more championships to LA and I certainly don't want to add to the Big Market Superteam era that's going on in the NBA.

If this management is still intent on trading Dwight, we shouldn't be concerned with getting fair value back for him. We should be focused on clearing as much capspace for the 2013 FA market and that's it. Anything else would be prolonging our suffering.

Bynum is a good big man, but he by himself wouldn't replace Dwight. He's not as quick to get up and down the court or to cover the defensive space Dwight has. And he can't play the kind of minutes that Dwight has. But he probably would be the best option available if the Magic make a trade if you want to still try to compete. The Magic would be backtracking if they didn't trade him. They have said repeatedly they wouldn't go into next season with more uncertainty. That said, they have done a lot of things we didn't expect them to do recently.

Oh, and there is no Big Market Superteam era. Just ask DOM.

all of those moves by lakers and nets are desperation moves...lol @ rudolph and dwight. lakers desperately going all in before kobe dies and nets putting themselves in cap hell for years to come for the 6th seed in the east, so they won't look like the bobcats in their big brooklyn debut. but yeah, it's easy for orlando to "make moves" when we have a giant bitch crying to the media inviting the vultures to circle

This is not new for Rudolph. He didn't have the visibility then that he does now, but he did the same thing when T-Mac wanted to leave. (Mac still is one of his favorite players, I think.)

Rudolph likes to bang on the Magic. They give him the opportunity when they fail to finish off the pieces well when they have a good team. He knows that the Magic have tried to make a deal and are having trouble with the pieces they have and because other teams aren't interested in helping them. They want to take advantage of the Magic. And Rudolph knows they aren't going to get much accomplished with getting Dwight help unless Dwight agrees to stay.

Rudolph regularly says, though, that he covers the league and not just the Magic so what happens to the Magic doesn't matter to him.

I don't think it's a desperation move for the Lakers. They could stand pat, and just getting Nash will help them because he can shoot and he can make sure that Kobe doesn't ballhog. Besides, when Kobe retires, they'll just move someone in to replace him. They always do.

LOL!! Well sir, you hang on to that line of thought if you wish! But returning to the question....did anyone know this side of the kid? We all seen the Barea foul....not pretty I will agree, but you and I are holding to seperate conversations here. But that fine, I will stay with the question and the other interesting point in the SI article...and leave it at that.

I will look forward to reading you post.

I did read that article earlier. It's one of the reasons I mentioned yesterday that I thought Bynum was a smart, thoughtful guy and that some of his behavior problems might be related to his frustration with his role on the Lakers. As I said earlier, he would not replace Dwight by himself, but if the Magic want to continue to try to compete and if they intend to make a trade, he probably is the best option. It was a good find to post for the group to read.