Babir_9

2012 Offseason

I think it's because T-Mac just flat out didn't have any help here whatsoever. He carried the Magic on his back for years until it literally gave out.

flRWu.gif

Dom would you be opposed to a rookie stud on a cheap deal aka Davis (oden) and the cap space remaining...lsounds like a great idea since no one knows if Davis will need micro fracture surgery soon.

The Houston Rockets continue their pursuit of Howard and are one of several teams willing to acquire the All-Star center without a long-term commitment in place. Houston has no problem trading for Howard as a rental. Best-case scenario, he signs a long-term deal in Houston. Worst-case scenario, the team is relevant for one season, makes a postseason run and then has the cap space to rebuild. The Rockets are aggressively pursuing Howard and will offer just about anything on their roster to land him.

Howard wants to land in Brooklyn and, after realizing that a trade to the Nets was unlikely, he contacted the National Basketball Players Association to explore his legal options against the Magic. He claims that members of the organization “blackmailed” him and threatened him into opting in to the final year of his contract, but sources close to the situation say there isn’t much evidence to support Howard’s claims. Howard personally contacted the union last week, asking if there was any way they could facilitate a trade to Brooklyn or nullify his opt-in to make him an unrestricted free agent this summer. It’s unlikely that the union will take legal action on behalf of Howard, according to sources close to the situation.

This is just the latest in a string of events that have caused many within the Magic organization to grow tired of Howard. Several of Howard’s teammates are hoping for his departure as well. Toward the end of last season, Howard came close to a physical altercation with teammate Jameer Nelson at the Magic’s practice facility. Howard was sidelined with a back injury at the time, but nearly came to blows with Nelson for unknown reasons, according to sources. The two players had to be separated.

Nobody in the Magic organization wants to go through another drama-filled year, which is why all signs point to Howard being traded sooner rather than later.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/orlando-magic-prepared-to-trade-dwight-howard

Three team trade is the most realistic IMO

Magic get: Andrew Bynum, Kyle Lowry, Royce White, and Kevin Martin expiring

Rockets get: Pau Gasol, Jason Richardson, JJ

Lakers get: Dwight, Scola, Hedo

Hou have been high on Pau for a while but do they give that up if they aren't getting D12 in return, I doubt it.

I think it's because T-Mac just flat out didn't have any help here whatsoever. He carried the Magic on his back for years until it literally gave out.

flRWu.gif

LoL. @ this ^ Yup... And as far as the LA thing goes, even if it doesn't make sense to get something in return and just let the contract for DH run out for the cap space. I think it's just one of those pride things, a lot of Orlando fans might actually feel better knowing they didn't give Shaq and Howard up for NOTHING... Bynum would put us almost back on track to where we were with Dwight honestly, this is a player a Wade or Durant of the future would want to play with in my opinion. That's a great rebuind piece (like Favors). We're going to get something nice, or a rear load of 1st round draft picks...

I don't have much faith in HoopsWorld. They are wrong so much of the time. Plus, you have to wonder why no one reported it previously.

If that's true about Dwight and Jameer, though, you know things in that locker room had to be bad. Jameer always stood up for Dwight when he was being criticized, even after the last game this season. Have to wonder what it would have been about.

Wow! Meer and Dwight almost fought? Funny, how I think Meer would've rocked Dwight lol. But seriously, wtf is wrong with this dude Dwight?

I still don't see him being moved unless the Lakers offer Bynum. We said no to Houston when they had draft picks and then they drafted a million power forwards and we're kind of set there. The Nets don't have anything to offer.

LA and OKC are the only two teams (if OKC even jumps in) who IMO have a real shot of landing him.

If i didn't dislike the guy (DH) so much now (I can't even say his name anymore), I wouldn't mind seeing OKC benefit from his arrival. This is a team that has done everything right, no bad publicity, no huge espn interviews (Miami), no self entitlement, great management etc. Atleast it would be going towards something productive , something new, out west , that would for sure be the cornerstone of the NBA and probably return to defeat Miami and whoever else challenges them for years to come. This is my second favorite team next to Orlando also, not a close second by any means, but it doesn't sting seeing OKCget DH for me, even though I can't s tand the guy and I want him out of here.

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard

Nets have expressed interest in Eric Gordon, particularly as a replacement star if Deron Williams goes to Dallas, sources said.