Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Barack Obama

Authentic Orlando Magic Signatures?

So, I need some help. In the past few months, I decided to drop a couple bucks on making my Orlando Magic collection greater and purchased three items. I purchased a JJ Redick autographed mini ball, a Dwight Howard and Jameer Nelson signed floor tile (yes, I know), and a Dwight Howard signed basketball. I didn't pay a lot for these and was actually surprised at how cheap they were, there's my first clue that they may be fake. They come with a Certificate of Authenticity, from the seller on eBay. Does anybody know much about how I can tell if these are real autographs? And if they aren't, how I can do something about it? Sounds stupid, I know. The Dwight floor tile (which I thought was a wooden floor tile or something, turned out to be a linoleum floor tile with an Orlando Magic sticker on it, no joke) and the Dwight basketball autographs are both significantly different. And the UDA (Upper Deck Authenticated Signatures) of Dwight are a lot different from both signatures that I have. Any help? Thanks in advance guys.

• Upvote 1

The Dwight floor tile (which I thought was a wooden floor tile or something, turned out to be a linoleum floor tile with an Orlando Magic sticker on it, no joke)

I hope they're all real, but man this made me almost spit out my after desert cognac. +1 for you

I hope they're all real, but man this made me almost spit out my after desert cognac. +1 for you

Yeah, it was $20 and included shipping and wasn't a Buy It Now.. I received it and understood why. If it's real, it's still a cool (in a weird way) collector's piece with both of their autographs. If I ever go back to 1970 and rebuild a kitchen, you never know, it may come in handy.

$(KGrHqN,!pcE8WsBfnqBBPIfcKbIwg~~60_3.JPG

Dwight signed Basketball

$(KGrHqJ,!pIE8VYBKwlPBPJJDcR0hw~~60_12.JPG

Dwight and Jameer signed ..... floor file :-/

.. and I'll upload the JJ mini ball later, which came with a Certificate of Authenticity from the Orlando Magic.

The Dwight signature looks exactly like all of the ones I have, the Jameer looks slightly different but pretty close. Upload the JJ pic and I can check that one for you.

Both of the signatures are a lot different in the two that I have though. That has me worried. I'll throw that JJ pic up in a few.

Dwight sigs are definitely legit. The others I'm not too familiar with. I have JJ's and Jameer's along with a few others, but their signatures never really stood out to me.

• Upvote 1

Dwight sigs are definitely legit. The others I'm not too familiar with. I have JJ's and Jameer's along with a few others, but their signatures never really stood out to me.

Thanks man, much props. I appreciate the help and response.

Thanks man, much props. I appreciate the help and response.

No problem.

Sorry about the JJ sig, the autographed ball that I have is at my house. If I had it with me, I'd definitely get it out and compare. But like I said, the Dwight signatures match. The large uppercase D was the biggest giveaway to me