Sign in to follow this  
hdimacs

Time for Replacement

Unfortunately for me I wasn't logged on when I opened this thread and actually read some of Babir's posts. . . then I log on and notice he was in my ignore list (don't remember from when, but well deserved).

These forums have been a steaming pile of **** lately :svgsad:

I have been saying this for 2 Seasons now. SVG IS THE TONY DUNGY OF THE MAGIC!!!! He can win, without a doubt but he can't make us a championship team. We need another coach, I say Pat. Look at what he turned Howard and Gortat into at the Center Position. Granted, the sun's have no Idea how to use Gortat but he turned them into good ball players. SVG crumbles under pressure then gets on TV and blames the entire team for the loss. To me, thats piss-poor leadership on his behalf and he should take responsibility for last nights loss. Serisouly, why did he bench Anderson....????? Why?? Putting in bigger players (Glen Davis, who BTW hasn't been worth the time it takes to change the channel) isn't going to solve the problem. It didn't scare the bulls nor did it make them miss more. We missed way too many shots, they seemed rushed, scared and of pace the entire night. If Otis wants to keep Dwight, he needs to fire SVG.... He is going to have to come to the realization of that.... Denial is hard to see for some, but come on Magic... At 26 years old, I have been a fan since 91 and I have seen the Orlando Arena and TD Waterhouse.... I've been through those horrible seasons, Having TMAC and Dwight at the same time and you can't win. Having grant hill for 7 seasons 95million and he just sits for 7 seasons and coaches? Something is wrong with this organization..... If you iwant to break it down on how awful our history has been, think about the players that we drafted that turned to be some of the greats.... Chris Webber, Chauncey Billups, Shaq, Penny, Ben Wallace.... I can sit here all day and go on and on... Now look at Brandon Bass (14ppg) and look at Davis..... 6.9ppg.... SVG Needs to be fired and they need to start cleaning the house up there in the organization and stop hiring investors and start bringing "Mark Cubans" and Scottie Pippens into our organization... Cuz those two people I named have passion for the sport and want win. Magic brings in millionaire's who come to Florida to gulf and relax as they wait for there stock to climb and wait for the magic to be sold for their "Retirement". Get real Magic ball club, you won't have a good season financially if you don't have a good size fan base to buy the shirts, hats, jerseys, tickets, etc. Why is it that when people become Millionaires they become stupid?

I haven't scrolled down yet, but I'm sure it's been brought to your attention that TMac and Dwight never played together. We traded TMac in the offseason we drafted Dwight.

You mean, Tony "the first African American head coach to win a Superbowl in the NFL" Dungy, or Tony "set a new NFL record for consecutive playoff appearances by a head coach" Dungy?

"We need another coach, I say Pat. Look at what he turned Howard and Gortat into at the Center Position."

You want to give an unproven coach a shot at coaching a team based on credentials that never really happened?

"SVG crumbles under pressure"

I get it now, you're really Shaq, aren't you?

"then gets on TV and blames the entire team for the loss. To me, thats piss-poor leadership on his behalf and he should take responsibility for last nights loss. Serisouly, why did he bench Anderson....?????"

Stan has always called it like he sees it, taking the blame when the blame was his to take, and calling out others when the situation dictates.

"Why?? Putting in bigger players (Glen Davis, who BTW hasn't been worth the time it takes to change the channel) isn't going to solve the problem. It didn't scare the bulls nor did it make them miss more."

Glen Davis played with a lot of hustle last night, doing the things Stan want's him to do to help this team win ball games.

"We missed way too many shots, they seemed rushed, scared and of pace the entire night."

I guess this is Stan's fault? I can tell because, when the game started and the guys were playing Stan's plan, we looked like crap, but once we got off his game plan in the second quarter, we really turned things around. Right?

"If Otis wants to keep Dwight, he needs to fire SVG.... He is going to have to come to the realization of that.... Denial is hard to see for some, but come on Magic..."

and if Otis want's to keep Dwight, he should fire Otis. Before last season started.

"At 26 years old, I have been a fan since 91"

We're about to test that...

"and I have seen the Orlando Arena and TD Waterhouse...."

Fans of Orlando that have followed since we made the finals with Dwight have seen both since this is only the second season in the new building.

"Having TMAC and Dwight at the same time and you can't win."

Never happened.

"Having grant hill for 7 seasons 95million and he just sits for 7 seasons and coaches? Something is wrong with this organization....."

Yes, the organization didn't like Hill, so we forced him to sit on the bench and collect a paycheck for 7 seasons. It was a bad turn of events for sure, but this club almost has Hill, T-Mac and Duncan via free agency all in the same summer. They took a swing and missed, but damn, you can't blame them for having the nerve to try to pull off that move.

"If you want to break it down on how awful our history has been, think about the players that we drafted that turned to be some of the greats.... Chris Webber, Chauncey Billups, Shaq, Penny, Ben Wallace.... I can sit here all day and go on and on..."

We didn't draft Billups, that was Boston, we didn't draft Penny (we traded Webber for him so take your pick, but you can't claim both of these players, especially not in the same sentence), and NO ONE drafted Ben Wallace, he was signed by the Bullets as a rookie free agent. Bullets. Not Magic. Maybe going on and on isn't such a good idea, I think you've failed the "I've been a fan of this team since 1991 test. Hell, you've failed the "I've been a fan of this team since 2004" test.

"Now look at Brandon Bass (14ppg) and look at Davis..... 6.9ppg...."

Look closely. Look at those missed defensive rotations, and keep looking as Davis adapts to his new role on this team. Go ahead, keep looking. Also, not that it means much this early in the season (same thing goes for your ppg quoted), but how has Boston been playing so far?

"SVG Needs to be fired and they need to start cleaning the house up there in the organization and stop hiring investors and start bringing "Mark Cubans" and Scottie Pippens into our organization... Cuz those two people I named have passion for the sport and want win."

Cuban is an owner, and spends a lot of money on his team. Well, our owner does too, last time I checked. Pippen does what again? Oh yeah, he works for the Bulls in a role similar to Nick Anderson for the Magic. You remember that guy, right? He's pretty passionate about this team, but then, so is Stan, and you want to fire him, and bring in some guys who have passion. Is this making sense to anyone?

"Magic brings in millionaire's who come to Florida to gulf and relax as they wait for there stock to climb and wait for the magic to be sold for their "Retirement". Get real Magic ball club, you won't have a good season financially if you don't have a good size fan base to buy the shirts, hats, jerseys, tickets, etc. Why is it that when people become Millionaires they become stupid?"

I'm pretty sure that guys who can afford to buy an NBA team, don't need to do so as a personal retirement fund.

This rant was awful, just awful, but hey, welcome to the forum!

Yes, the organization didn't like Hill, so we forced him to sit on the bench and collect a paycheck for 7 seasons. It was a bad turn of events for sure, but this club almost has Hill, T-Mac and Duncan via free agency all in the same summer. They took a swing and missed, but damn, you can't blame them for having the nerve to try to pull off that move.

Actually we signed Grant and went after Timmy. After Timmy re-signed with San Antonio we in turn signed T-Mac who was our 3rd option. We couldn't afford to sign all 3 that summer. They were all basically max contract players even though T-Mac wasn't a proven commodity... Funny how things worked out T-Mac won 2 scoring titles with us after that....

Actually we signed Grant and went after Timmy. After Timmy re-signed with San Antonio we in turn signed T-Mac who was our 3rd option. We couldn't afford to sign all 3 that summer. They were all basically max contract players even though T-Mac wasn't a proven commodity... Funny how things worked out T-Mac won 2 scoring titles with us after that....

i'm like, almost positive you're wrong. we went all in for timmy, hill, AND t-mac. you got a link or some sort of evidence because the general consensus around the national media (espn referenced it in an article last year even) is that we could have had all three.

because he wasn't a rookie (in lee) or an inferior, weaker defender (in alston) it's svg's fault his veteran made a mental lapse? i promise he was told to foul, just not on an attempted three. and if you've watched a lot of basketball, which you obviously haven't, you'd know that that plan doesn't even usually work, end game situations they give the benefit of the doubt to the shooter. i'd have rather seen fisher make a prayer of a 29 footer than 3 free throws.

Total fail on this reply Kramer..... Jameer was injured for over half of the season. The idea of bringing him back for the finals when he no time to practice or get in game shape was a huge mistake by Stan and the Orlando brass.... Say what what you will, but that my friend is a FACT....

i'm like, almost positive you're wrong. we went all in for timmy, hill, AND t-mac. you got a link or some sort of evidence because the general consensus around the national media (espn referenced it in an article last year even) is that we could have had all three.

No we didn't Kramer... We went all in for Tim and Grant. When Duncan went off the market we signed T-Mac... He was playing behind Vince Carter in Toronto..... I'm not trying to argue with anyone, but I agree with certain people. Stan is NOT the coach for this team. His in game adjustments are putrid and I don't believe he utilizes players to their strengths. Why else would he try and make a 4 out of Rashard when he was here....???? I'll admit Rashard adapted well, but most players won't......

because he wasn't a rookie (in lee) or an inferior, weaker defender (in alston) it's svg's fault his veteran made a mental lapse? i promise he was told to foul, just not on an attempted three. and if you've watched a lot of basketball, which you obviously haven't, you'd know that that plan doesn't even usually work, end game situations they give the benefit of the doubt to the shooter. i'd have rather seen fisher make a prayer of a 29 footer than 3 free throws.

Total fail on this reply Kramer..... Jameer was injured for over half of the season. The idea of bringing him back for the finals when he no time to practice or get in game shape was a huge mistake by Stan and the Orlando brass.... Say what what you will, but that my friend is a FACT....

pretty sure it's an opinion, and my eyes saw him getting into the paint and finding good looks that our young team just missed. think what you will, but i remember a fourth quarter comeback that should've been had me made some friggen jumpshots. it's jameer's fault we shot poorly as a team? that's interesting...

34%, 33%, 33%, and 29% was our shooting from beyond the arc in losses. that's why we lost, not because jameer played.

No we didn't Kramer... We went all in for Tim and Grant. When Duncan went off the market we signed T-Mac... He was playing behind Vince Carter in Toronto.....

google disagrees. as does wikipedia. as does espn. link or some sort of financial explanation, please.

No we didn't Kramer... We went all in for Tim and Grant. When Duncan went off the market we signed T-Mac... He was playing behind Vince Carter in Toronto..... I'm not trying to argue with anyone, but I agree with certain people. Stan is NOT the coach for this team. His in game adjustments are putrid and I don't believe he utilizes players to their strengths. Why else would he try and make a 4 out of Rashard when he was here....???? I'll admit Rashard adapted well, but most players won't......

good coaches utilize talent. two of our three most effective players that year were small forwards especially when our best 4 tore his rotator cuff in the preseason, it's an easy decision.

No we didn't Kramer... We went all in for Tim and Grant. When Duncan went off the market we signed T-Mac... He was playing behind Vince Carter in Toronto.....

No actually you are wrong and he is right. ESPN and other news outlets have all ran little stories (especially after the teaming up of the big three in Miami) that Orlando was trying to pull in all 3 players. There was no doubt about it at all. The whole reason of the heart and hustle team of 2000 was to clear salary cap space for the huge free agent class the next year. Duncan even came out in interviews saying he talked about it with both Hill and T-Mac, and had all but decided to sign there until Popovich came in and convinced him to stay.

Oh and yeah T-Mac was playing behind VC in Toronto. But don't act like he was some miracle snag by Orlando that just happened to work out. Everyone knew the talent T-Mac had back then and knew he was in for a huge pay day. T-Mac was being looked at by numerous teams.

google disagrees. as does wikipedia. as does espn. link or some sort of financial explanation, please.

I could care less what ESPN has to say... We didn't have the money to sign 3 max contracts outright in Free Agency that year. We wanted Grant and we wanted Tim. When Tim resigned T-Mac was the 3rd option.... In a pipe dream we wanted all 3, but to say we could've signed T-Mac for much less isn't necessarily the truth.

No actually you are wrong and he is right. ESPN and other news outlets have all ran little stories (especially after the teaming up of the big three in Miami) that Orlando was trying to pull in all 3 players. There was no doubt about it at all. The whole reason of the heart and hustle team of 2000 was to clear salary cap space for the huge free agent class the next year. Duncan even came out in interviews saying he talked about it with both Hill and T-Mac, and had all but decided to sign there until Popovich came in and convinced him to stay.

Oh and yeah T-Mac was playing behind VC in Toronto. But don't act like he was some miracle snag by Orlando that just happened to work out. Everyone knew the talent T-Mac had back then and knew he was in for a huge pay day. T-Mac was being looked at by numerous teams.

My point exactly..... We couldn't have signed all 3 of them... I don't give a crap what ESPN says... Sports writers aren't infallible. We had the cap space to bring in 2 max contracts and we tried to do just that. Signing T-Mac on top of the other 2 wouldn't have happened... I don't care how creative the front office tried to get.