Sign in to follow this  
magicmikej

Tell us the Truth

Dear Dwight

I watched your farewell speech and still don't why you want to leave. You mentioned that you didn't want to throw anyone under the bus, yet you did that to the coach and GM in your next train of thought. You said that you wnted to be more involved in the decisions of the franchise and were not listened to. Maybe if we saw the following:

Dwight Howard has actively persued Chris or Darren to join him in Orlando per sources etc , we would know you took an active part in trying to make this team better. After all D Wade did it, Kobe has done it and even D Williams probably helped convince you to go to Jersey/Brooklyn..

You said that you have prayed about this. Sure God really cares about where you play. If God was into sports that team with Touchdown Jesus at the entrance to its stadium would never lose. God wants us to be loving, generous, and loyal. You score on two of the points. Let's look at the loyalty.

The Magic are a family to those of us in the community who support them. When you came into town 7 years ago we welcomed you into our family. Here was this young man so full of life, someone who loves Nemo, someone who many of the experts said was a big MISTAKE, Okafor should have been the pick. We welcomed you, cheered louder for you, accepted your shortcomings (Free Throws, turnovers) and cheered even louder. We thought we had Tim Ducan with a personality. Our children happily wear your uniform, they look at you as a role model. The Magic have awarded you the Richard Devoss community service award numerous times. We love You

Now you want a divorce.I guess you are unhappy that at the end of a game you seldom got the ball because you can't shoot free throws. This organization has always spent money to try and improve the team. They even agreed to pay a player 62million dollars to go away so they had more cap flexibility so that we are in a better position to improve the roster. If you blame the GM and he did make some questionable decisions you could have helped him by being an ambassador to convince players to come to Orlando. DID YOU?

An ugly divorce in the family is hard for the aggreived party to accept. Your tweet about if you don't love me in a different uni, you didn't love me at all. We loved you Dwight .But when someone who we have invested 7 years in supporting tells us he wants to leave. and gives us vague answers as to why. We should be angry. we have that right, since you feel it is your right to go. Comparing this decision to a video game makes no sense.

Tell us Dwight why you really want to leave. Don't tell us that you love Orlando. Tell us that we are a dried up little pond. Tell us that we don't have Jack or JayZ or some cute young starlet sitting courtside. Tell us that Leno or Letterman are not just down the street.

You admire Dirk. He was the only star on the Maverick team that beat the Little 3 of the dreaded Heat. I have to agree with Dan Gilbert that the NBA will soon become 5 All Star teams and 25 Washington Generals. Your EGO has grown with all the other NBA Stars who cannot compete on their own but need another so called superstar to help them.

I wish you will reconsider, as a matter of fact I prayed that you would see the light. There I go using GOD like you. But if you don't, I have one more request. Sell your home and move away. Don't use living here for tax savings. Go away and don't come back. We already have another guy who called us a dried up pond, living here.

God Bless

Mike

• Upvote 3

Dear Dwight

I watched your farewell speech and still don't why you want to leave. You mentioned that you didn't want to throw anyone under the bus, yet you did that to the coach and GM in your next train of thought. You said that you wnted to be more involved in the decisions of the franchise and were not listened to. Maybe if we saw the following:

Dwight Howard has actively persued Chris or Darren to join him in Orlando per sources etc , we would know you took an active part in trying to make this team better. After all D Wade did it, Kobe has done it and even D Williams probably helped convince you to go to Jersey/Brooklyn..

You said that you have prayed about this. Sure God really cares about where you play. If God was into sports that team with Touchdown Jesus at the entrance to its stadium would never lose. God wants us to be loving, generous, and loyal. You score on two of the points. Let's look at the loyalty.

The Magic are a family to those of us in the community who support them. When you came into town 7 years ago we welcomed you into our family. Here was this young man so full of life, someone who loves Nemo, someone who many of the experts said was a big MISTAKE, Okafor should have been the pick. We welcomed you, cheered louder for you, accepted your shortcomings (Free Throws, turnovers) and cheered even louder. We thought we had Tim Ducan with a personality. Our children happily wear your uniform, they look at you as a role model. The Magic have awarded you the Richard Devoss community service award numerous times. We love You

Now you want a divorce.I guess you are unhappy that at the end of a game you seldom got the ball because you can't shoot free throws. This organization has always spent money to try and improve the team. They even agreed to pay a player 62million dollars to go away so they had more cap flexibility so that we are in a better position to improve the roster. If you blame the GM and he did make some questionable decisions you could have helped him by being an ambassador to convince players to come to Orlando. DID YOU?

An ugly divorce in the family is hard for the aggreived party to accept. Your tweet about if you don't love me in a different uni, you didn't love me at all. We loved you Dwight .But when someone who we have invested 7 years in supporting tells us he wants to leave. and gives us vague answers as to why. We should be angry. we have that right, since you feel it is your right to go. Comparing this decision to a video game makes no sense.

Tell us Dwight why you really want to leave. Don't tell us that you love Orlando. Tell us that we are a dried up little pond. Tell us that we don't have Jack or JayZ or some cute young starlet sitting courtside. Tell us that Leno or Letterman are not just down the street.

You admire Dirk. He was the only star on the Maverick team that beat the Little 3 of the dreaded Heat. I have to agree with Dan Gilbert that the NBA will soon become 5 All Star teams and 25 Washington Generals. Your EGO has grown with all the other NBA Stars who cannot compete on their own but need another so called superstar to help them.

I wish you will reconsider, as a matter of fact I prayed that you would see the light. There I go using GOD like you. But if you don't, I have one more request. Sell your home and move away. Don't use living here for tax savings. Go away and don't come back. We already have another guy who called us a dried up pond, living here.

God Bless

Mike

Well said.