Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

I've always thought Dwight was more comparable to Alonzo Mourning than Shaq in terms of physique and stature. They're both natural defenders and rebounders although Dwight is much more gifted athletically than Alonzo. Difference between Dwight and Mourning is Alonzo actually took pride in doing what he did. Dwight wants to be a scorer, and believes he's more capable than he actually is. I'm new to the board, but no new threads I promise :)

I can't believe we haven't been offered a potential top 5 pick for the best center in the game. Mo freaking Williams even got a top 5 pick

I'm sure you could get one. Problem is he only wants 3 teams and only 1 that may be lotto is NJ.

I've always thought Dwight was more comparable to Alonzo Mourning than Shaq in terms of physique and stature. They're both natural defenders and rebounders although Dwight is much more gifted athletically than Alonzo. Difference between Dwight and Mourning is Alonzo actually took pride in doing what he did. Dwight wants to be a scorer, and believes he's more capable than he actually is. I'm new to the board, but no new threads I promise :)

very well put. I think ESPN (media more fairly) took Dwights ego through the roof.

very well put. I think ESPN (media more fairly) took Dwights ego through the roof.

Agreed. Too bad Dwight doesn't just embrace being the best defender on the planet and let that be his legacy. I personally think he's going to miss out on rings trying to be something he's just not, whether its here or somewhere else. Of course if its somewhere else, who gives a damn

Agreed. Too bad Dwight doesn't just embrace being the best defender on the planet and let that be his legacy. I personally think he's going to miss out on rings trying to be something he's just not, whether its here or somewhere else. Of course if its somewhere else, who gives a damn

Funny thing is when you look back to when we were top contenders, it was with Dwight hunting rebounds and setting picks. His points were more grunt points than anything else. When Otis started playing musical players, we lost our sync. When that happened it fell on Dwights shoulders to carry the team. I think if he just took a step back he'd realize we have a better chance of winning with the ball in his hands less.

Funny thing is when you look back to when we were top contenders, it was with Dwight hunting rebounds and setting picks. His points were more grunt points than anything else. When Otis started playing musical players, we lost our sync. When that happened it fell on Dwights shoulders to carry the team. I think if he just took a step back he'd realize we have a better chance of winning with the ball in his hands less.

His ego won't allow that. As much as he'd like to be, I honestly think deep down Dwight knows he's not capable of being the go to guy...which imo plays into the situation we have on our hands now. He knows he needs another guy to seal the deal or at least share the responsibility...its a lot easier to say we couldn't get it done than I couldn't get it done. I don't completely blame him. Lets be honest, Otis had seven years to find a closer and hasn't even come close. Considering every wing player in the league probably dreams of playing with Dwight, its astonishing that this never happened.

agree with this statement a ton!

His ego won't allow that. As much as he'd like to be, I honestly think deep down Dwight knows he's not capable of being the go to guy...which imo plays into the situation we have on our hands now. He knows he needs another guy to seal the deal or at least share the responsibility...its a lot easier to say we couldn't get it done than I couldn't get it done. I don't completely blame him. Lets be honest, Otis had seven years to find a closer and hasn't even come close. Considering every wing player in the league probably dreams of playing with Dwight, its astonishing that this never happened.

And or a true PG.