Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

Dwight would really share inside info bout coach like that!!! If so send him to LA! !!!! He's a cancer 2nd championship in NJ be real u wanna go to Brooklyn its ok go let's get bynum and gasol! !!! Play in allstar game for the pr part then get outta o-town! !!! Your a icon go enjoy it!!!! Go chip some paint off NJ NETS new rims lol! !!!! Jmo

Miami also let SVG go because Pat Riley wanted another ring as a head coach

And I'm willing to bet that he felt that Miami would get that ring if Stan coached the entire year. Call it Pat's ego if you like, but I honestly believed that he felt that Stan wasn't up to the challenge. Especially with Shaq on that team.

So IF we fire Stan, who should we get as a replacement. Besides, Phil Jackson, he's a pipedream.

Larry Brown? Westphal? JVG?

It's nearly impossible to find a quality head coach in the middle of a season... More then likely an assistant would finish the year out as interim head coach...

So IF we fire Stan, who should we get as a replacement. Besides, Phil Jackson, he's a pipedream.

Adelman?

I'd be fine with JVG. He's dealt with star players with egos before and handled it well. No to Westphal and Brown.

It's nearly impossible to find a quality head coach in the middle of a season... More then likely an assistant would finish the year out as interim head coach...

Which is why we shouldn't let him go. Those before 3rd quarter interviews don't make me confident in their abilities.

JVG would be my choice as well.

I believe shaq and SVG had bad relationship too nobody had bad vibes in 08-09 season same thing when penny shaq went to finals dismantled that team as well hard to win championship overbite look at dallas spurs

We just need to face the facts people... If this franchise doesn't find a way to make Dwight believe that we'll acquire the pieces necessary to win it all then he's going to leave... It's that simple.... If he does decide to leave, I myself as a fan won't hold no ill-will towards the man. It's his choice as a player and a person... He's worked hard and played hard for this franchise for a long time. He can only carry us for so long. I'll still root for him in another city if I must. He's done his part in my own personal opinion.

http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/34261232

But his career ended in kind of a sour manner. After spending pretty much all of his professional head coaching career patrolling the Utah Jazz sideline, he exited halfway through the season last year amidst some reported tension in the locker room between him and Deron Williams. Sloan, who had been a head coach for 23 seasons with the Jazz and is 69 years old, was worn out and obviously didn't want to deal with the egos and problems within the locker room.

So he resigned. And said he thought he was done for good.

But with the way he's talking now, it sounds like he might be reconsidering. Via SI.com, Sloan was asked about coaching again:

"I think if the right situation came along, whatever that is," he said before pausing to ponder. "I don't know what the right situation is. We'll have to wait and see, I guess."

[...]

"My energy level has changed a great deal since I quit coaching," said Sloan, who is an avid walker. "It's changed a lot now. I've had time to work out. I feel better."

Weird timing...