AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

The Magic on Friday night gave Howard's agent, Dan HWNSNBU, permission to speak with three teams -- the Lakers, Nets and Mavericks -- about a potential trade, a person familiar with the decision told CBSSports.com. But at the time of the reported meeting between Howard and Prokhorov, no permission had been given, the person said.

"I've seen the report, but I have no idea whether he met with them or not," Magic CEO Alex Martins said. "And so we'll certainly look into that. But at this stage, it's just a report."

Orlando's goal remains to retain Howard, but the organization has made the decision that it will not suffer the same fate as when Shaquille O'Neal left as a free agent in 1996 and the team received nothing in return. Also, Magic GM Otis Smith will not have Howard's destination in a trade dictated to him by Howard or his agent, a person with knowledge of the organization's strategy told CBSSports.com .

It was a second straight day of buffoonery for the NBA as it tried, and failed miserably, to shake off the effects of a five-month lockout and launch abbreviated training camps and free agency Friday. The season starts in 16 days, and two of the league's biggest stars evidently are frozen in their cities while other teams struggled to field enough bodies to hold training-camp practices.

^^^

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

^^^

Now to my question: which team will make a trade to rent Howard for one year? He clearly said he will resign with either NJ, LAL (or Mavs). So we are screwed! Face it, we will land either Bynum or Lopez (I don't know what the Mavs could offer). Like I said shred the max. of contracts, blow the entire team in parts and hopefully we will have the first pick next year. IT'S OVER!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I just hope this is over with soon,

How about we try to get Dwight to get on board with the Clippers.

We trade Howard Turk, Duhon, Q Rich

LA Clippers trade Bledsoe, Warren, Aminu, Kaman, Foye, 3 million cash plus Clippers picks in 2012, 2014 and Minny pick for 2012.

I just hope we don't trade him to the Nets as they have nothing really to offer us. ( I don't rate Lopez at all.)

I think we have too make sure that Turk and Duhon both go with Dwight plus at least a top five pick next year and two more future firsts.

I also hope the big baby move is on ice as I think we only did it to keep Dwight happy if not Dwight can wait and he has to go with him as well. ( Even if Dwight sits on the bench until the 30 days is up and we can trade him)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I just hope this is over with soon,

How about we try to get Dwight to get on board with the Clippers.

We trade Howard Turk, Duhon, Q Rich

LA Clippers trade Bledsoe, Warren, Aminu, Kaman, Foye, 3 million cash plus Clippers picks in 2012, 2014 and Minny pick for 2012.

I just hope we don't trade him to the Nets as they have nothing really to offer us. ( I don't rate Lopez at all.)

I think we have too make sure that Turk and Duhon both go with Dwight plus at least a top five pick next year and two more future firsts.

I also hope the big baby move is on ice as I think we only did it to keep Dwight happy if not Dwight can wait and he has to go with him as well. ( Even if Dwight sits on the bench until the 30 days is up and we can trade him)

Won't resign with the Clippers, so why should they accept the trade? It's either the Nets, Lakers or Mavs...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just discussing a trade on another forum:

Lakers get: Howard, Türk, Duhon, Q, Thompson (Kings)

Kings get: Odom (Lakers), Walton (Lakers), Nelson, 2rd Lakers

Magic get: Bynum (Lakers), Caracter (Lakers), Ebanks (Lakers), Greene (Kings), 1rd Kings, 1rd Lakers

Magic roster: Bynum, Caracter, Ebanks (waive), Greene (waive), Liggins (unsigned), JJ, Big Baby, Von Wafer, Hughes (unsigned campfodder), Pruitt (campfodder), Harper, Anderson, Orton. Sign PG via Free-Agency. And go for Drummond or Davis.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just discussing a trade on another forum:

Lakers get: Howard, Türk, Duhon, Q, Thompson (Kings)

Kings get: Odom (Lakers), Walton (Lakers), Nelson, 2rd Lakers

Magic get: Bynum (Lakers), Caracter (Lakers), Ebanks (Lakers), Greene (Kings), 1rd Kings, 1rd Lakers

Magic roster: Bynum, Caracter, Ebanks (waive), Greene (waive), Liggins (unsigned), JJ, Big Baby, Von Wafer, Hughes (unsigned campfodder), Pruitt (campfodder), Harper, Anderson, Orton. Sign PG via Free-Agency. And go for Drummond or Davis.

Lol. I like how you write waive waive (you know there are TPE right)?, I think the Kings actually like Greene. Going for Drummond or Davis is a long shot too, how's the team going to be bad enough to get them? Are the Kings going to bad enough maybe, yeah maybe, but not in the bottom 5. I'd rather have 1 last attempt at a championship and then do a Sign and trade when the season is over. I can't believe this got upvoted and the Clippers idea downvoted. SMH.

Oh ok sorry I didn't realise Dwight wasn't open to resigning with the Clippers.

With that being the case the best idea I could come up with was a deal with the Lakers, Rockets and Warriors.

Orlando trades Howard, Turk, Duhon, Richardson to the Lakers Orton to the Warriors.

Lakers trade Bynum to Golden State, Gasol to Rockets, 2012 first round pick to Orlando, 2014 first round pick to Orlando.

Rockets trade to Orlando C Lee, Hill, Martin, Patterson, New York pick in 2012, Flynn to Golden state.

Warriors trade Curry, Udoh, Admundson to Orlando.

That leaves us with 3 first round picks, C Lee Martin, Patterson, Hill, Udoh, Curry and Admundson,

Plus look trade other pieces for more draft picks.

Looking through the roster of the Mavs, Nets, and Lakers, there isn't a single guy I would take. All 3 teams will need a 3rd team to barter a deal where Bynum, Lopez, and Terry/Kidd would go to a third team for picks we need.

I believe this is the first time I've said this (could be wrong) but Otis deserves to be fired. The Magic family need to get out of the basketball player operations and hire basketball people to run their team.

Hopefully this story improves in our favor as the day proceeds.

WHY da hell you wanna such a crap for Howard? I say: Superstar for Superstar, NOTHING less.. You hear me OTIS???