AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

lmao

Yup, like I said this was a GREAT deal for NOH, they may end up with 2 firsts in this years draft and one next year, plus they can flip the players they just got for some more picks.

Houston needs to be investigated though what they did is beyond moronic.

• Upvote 2

My friend called me and said he just had a drink with duhon DT and he said "10% chance Dwight is here at all star break. Lakers for sure". Time to wake up and realize he's gone. I'm sure lakers will get a 3rd or 4th team to sweeten deal with players/picks just like with Houston. Welcome back to 1996, and welcome to the competitive balance the new CBA brings us. Thanks NBA

Yup, like I said this was a GREAT deal for NOH, they may end up with 2 firsts in this years draft and one next year, plus they can flip the players they just got for some more picks.

+1

After cooling off, I don't think this is that bad for us. If LA can't get cap space (which seems unlikely), then Dwight won't go there and leaves few better options. If we have space for D-Will in the offseason, I think we will get him and LA will either lose CP3 or be declining.

Agreed. What is Houston thinking???

My friend called me and said he just had a drink with duhon DT and he said "10% chance Dwight is here at all star break. Lakers for sure". Time to wake up and realize he's gone. I'm sure lakers will get a 3rd or 4th team to sweeten deal with players/picks just like with Houston. Welcome back to 1996, and welcome to the competitive balance the new CBA brings us. Thanks NBA

If the Lakers gave up there first round pick for this year than there is no way in hell the Magic trade with the Lakers.

Otis can't be that stupid to agree to this. He just can't!!!

• Upvote 1

Seems legit.

Even if this is legit, it really doesn't make any sense unless Dwight just wants the bright lights. He gets the most money here and can play with D-Will if he wants. I don't understand why we have to overhaul NOW, rather than wait. He isn't winning **** no matter where he is at the end of the season.

The picks are going to suck. they could have had minnesota's pick...

For everyone saying no way la can get Dwight with Bynum, what would we all say if someone told us yesterday cp3 would go to lakers and all they'd give up is odom and gasol. IMPOSSIBLE. They will find another team to get involved to throw in other pieces just like they did with NO. If they did it with Memphis, NO, and Houston, why couldn't they do it to us? The only other trade is Lopez. Otis will fold and say he got as much as he could.

The picks are going to suck. they could have had minnesota's pick...

The picks are going to suck regardless of what team CP3 goes to and the Clippers pulled out anyways and minnys pick isn't going to be a loto pick like most people think it will.

If they get a first from the Lakers and Houston, then they will have 3 total first round picks which includes there own lotto pick and like I said the players they got can easily be flipped for more picks, this is the best deal they could have gotten by far, all thanks to Houston.