Sign in to follow this  
JRam027

Joe Paterno fired.

So you think that someone would pass a law that if a graduate assistant witnessed a man murdering dozens of people, he'd be forbidden from calling the police just because the mass murder occurred in an ice skating rink?

Only in Pennsylvania... in 2002... especially if a high profile coach was involved

So you think that someone would pass a law that if a graduate assistant witnessed a man murdering dozens of people, he'd be forbidden from calling the police just because the mass murder occurred in an ice skating rink?

That sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Only in Pennsylvania... in 2002... especially if a high profile coach was involved

So you think the Pennslyvania legislature would pass a law, and then the governor would sign it, that specifically outlaws grad students from calling the police when they've witnessed a crime, and you ALSO think that such a law wouldn't be struck down by the courts immediately for being both unconstitutional and ridiculous?

So you think the Pennslyvania legislature would pass a law, and then the governor would sign it, that specifically outlaws grad students from calling the police when they've witnessed a crime, and you ALSO think that such a law wouldn't be struck down by the courts immediately for being both unconstitutional and ridiculous?

Well.. when you put it like that... It sounds about as likely as Paterno having that option... so yeah, why not

In his defense, I'm pretty sure he was trying to make a joke.

It seems to me that this guy is being made a scapgoat for the university. I don't watch football, so I really do not know the whole story. From what I saw on the news, the guy told his superiors and it was hearsay only. The coach did not witness anything himself. When I was a social worker, we were required by FL state law to call the DCF hotline for suspected child abuse even if we only suspected abuse, and the agency would investigate the case. On the other, the real anger sould be focused on the abuser.

If McQueary had stopped Sandusky we would've known that from the beginning.

Right, because it was a total fact dump from the get go and everyone knew every detail? What was jumped on was a particular line from the grand jury report, which still has evidence under seal.

Right, because it was a total fact dump from the get go and everyone knew every detail? What was jumped on was a particular line from the grand jury report, which still has evidence under seal.

He came out and said what he said, AFTER everyone put two and two together and was like, "Whoa, he let Joe Pa touch those kids (cause if you watch ESPN that's what they tell you)". If he was going to go public with this information anyways he should've done it from the word go.