Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread part VI: Return of the Lockout

It's more of the fact that he wants to complain about the noise and the fans yet not say he wants to be here or sign an extension. If he signed the extension I'm pretty sure no one would give a damn about him complaining about anything.

Nothing's worse than a player that trashes the fan base then leaves their franchise in the dust to rot for another 6 years

trashing the fan base=not making enough noise? get a grip. We don't need the media to sell us doom and gloom stories when we have posters that will do it for free.

He hasn't done that. He's a current player who is commenting on the fan noise in the arena for the team he plays for. He hasn't left his "franchise in the dust to rot for another 6 years". He still plays for the Magic. You're just being ridiculous.

Really? Because I see a player trying make excuses and justifications to leave without being "the bad guy".

Stop being such a baby. If you're going to get mad at the guy, at least do it over things that have already happened.

And this is a pretty big point, but seriously people: if he doesn't want to play here any more, HE DOESN'T *****ING HAVE TO.

I'm not mad at him, I honestly don't care if he leaves, just currently annoyed at his handling of it and worse, the media's handling of it.

Company/brand loyalty is admirable, but I'm not going to keep my job if I think I can get a better one somewhere else, and it's completely goddamn ridiculous to expect something different from someone else.

Then he should demand a trade then

Really? Because I see a player trying make excuses and justifications to leave without being "the bad guy".

Based on absolutely no evidence that he's doing that.

I'm not mad at him, I honestly don't care if he leaves, just currently annoyed at his handling of it and worse, the media's handling of it.

Which was said following my reply to this:

Nothing's worse than a player that trashes the fan base then leaves their franchise in the dust to rot for another 6 years

So you state that what you're accusing him of doing(via your apparent clairvoyance) is decidedly worse than everything from littering to eating babies. After all, you did say "Nothing's worse".

It's almost like "Nothing's" and "worse" are words, and they, like most words, have actual definitions.

So again: stop being such a goddamned baby.

Then he should demand a trade then

Based on what? Tell me when Dwight Howard has stated that he doesn't want to play in Orlando anymore.

For that matter, tell me, you self-entitled child, why if Dwight DID decide he didn't want to play for Orlando anymore that he would owe the team anything more than playing out the remainder of his contract to the best of his abilities.

To use my earlier example: If I decide to quit my job, am I obligated to go out and find them a replacement for me before I can quit?

Of course I'm not. Nor would you be. Nor would anyone.

Dwight Howard doesn't owe you anything, and until you stop pretending that he does, you're going to continue to sound like a spoiled, addle-witted child whining because he mommy got him the 9 month Xbox live membership instead of the 1 year membership for his birthday. Christ.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Based on absolutely no evidence that he's doing that.

Don't need evidence to speculate. I personally think that is what he is doing though based on him not signing the max extension before the CBA expiration.

I'm only about 60% on him leaving though

It's almost like "Nothing's" and "worse" are words, and they, like most words, have actual definitions.

So again: stop being such a goddamned baby.

iGc79.gif

Based on what? Tell me when Dwight Howard has stated that he doesn't want to play in Orlando anymore.

What do you mean based on what, that was a reply to:

Company/brand loyalty is admirable, but I'm not going to keep my job if I think I can get a better one somewhere else, and it's completely goddamn ridiculous to expect something different from someone else

For that matter, tell me, you self-entitled child, why if Dwight DID decide he didn't want to play for Orlando anymore that he would owe the team anything more than playing out the remainder of his contract to the best of his abilities.

To use my earlier example: If I decide to quit my job, am I obligated to go out and find them a replacement for me before I can quit?

Of course I'm not. Nor would you be. Nor would anyone.

Wouldn't it be more comparable to 2 weeks notice before quitting then "finding a replacement"?

Dwight Howard doesn't owe you anything, and until you stop pretending that he does, you're going to continue to sound like a spoiled, addle-witted child whining because he mommy got him the 9 month Xbox live membership instead of the 1 year membership for his birthday. Christ.

Neither do I owe him anything. If he leaves I will lose respect for him as a basketball player, or any player that takes the "easy way out" to get a championship.

Life of a Magic fan is pretty stressful. We're a yo-yo of emotions. Players love to mess with us, keep us guessing. GMs pull our legs with trades that have claims to make us "better". Dwight is the one constant in our team, we can expect him to deliver every game -- and he does. I need some stability damnit! This stud needs to stay in the Orlando blue.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

There is nothing I can say to articulate how childish you're acting better than the fact that you posted that and think it makes ME look foolish.

We're done here.

Good? your the one calling me names on a message board when I have done nothing to provoke you, see ya 'round

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wait, what's the "easy way out" to get a championship?

Joining a team that already has other superstars and you won't have the chance to be the number 1 guy

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Joining a team that already has other superstars and you won't have the chance to be the number 1 guy

DAT WURKD OUT SO GOOD FOUR THA HEATLES RITE? COM ON THEIR IS NO EASY CHAMPIONSHIP....

ALL YALL CRY BABY NEED TO STOP CRYIN BOUT DWIGHT IF HE LEAVES HE LEAVES GET OVA IT DAAAAAAANG

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2