Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread part 2

Stephen Jackson

Brandon Roy

Baron Davis

Get your jerseys made folks.

Jerseys? You mean suits bc those guys miss a bunch of games. The latter two are nice players when healthy but SJax will shoot you out of games by himself. Don't see him as much of a upgrade.

I meant to post more in the other thread, but just didn't. Too much lurking and not enough posting.

Anyways, everyone keeps saying that the Magic don't have any assets that other teams will want. I hate to say it, but they're right. Our biggest asset is Ryan Anderson. Not a lot of teams will want Jameer Nelson, J.J. Redick, or Brandon Bass because they are too short for their position. Daniel Orton could be a decent piece to move, but he is too short for the 5 and not versatile enough to play the 4. Nobody will take Gilbert Arenas' or Hedo Turkoglu's contracts, so we are most likely stuck with what we had last season (Minus Jason Richardson) for next year.

The only REASONABLE deal I think Orlando could make is to somehow trade Jameer Nelson, Ryan Anderson, and maybe Daniel Orton for Steve Nash, who is an expiring contract, and then sign Andrei Kirilenko/Tayshaun Prince and maybe Chuck Hayes (I don't know of any other 5 that could play really good defense that we could reasonably get.) with our Mid-Level Exception. Then if the amnesty clause comes and Gilbert Arenas is definitely opting out after this coming season to re-structure his contract, then we use the clause on Hedo Turkoglu.

At best our lineup could look like,

PG: Steve Nash/Gilbert Arenas/Chris Duhon

SG: Gilbert Arenas/J.J. Redick

SF: Andrei Kirilenko/Quentin Richardson

PF: Brandon Bass/Earl Clark (Whom we re-sign with our Bi-Annual exception)

C: Dwight Howard/Chuck Hayes/Malik Allen

Actually, you underestimate the value of our players. Teams want JJ, Bass, and Anderson (i have no idea if teams want Nelson). Teams just wont offer all stars for JJ, Bass, and Anderson.

Why do teams want JJ? He has a short, declining contract (salary goes down as years increase instead of up) and teams have the ability to make his contract expire after next year (2012-2013 is fully unguaranteed if waived by july 8th, 2012. Do you understand how valuable that would be in 2012 free agency? It's essentially a $6.2 million TPE). JJ has an elite talent (three point shooting) and the majority of the playoff teams have a "JJ" type of player in their playoff rotation (Dallas-Peja; Miami-Bibby, Miller; Chicago- Korver; LA- Steve Blake; OKC- Cook; Philly-Meeks; Indy- Rush, Price; NY-Mason; Portland- Fernandez; NO- Belinelli, Green; SA- Neal, Bonner, Denver- Al Harrington).

Why do teams want Bass? Athleticism, Scoring off the bench, 10ppg 5 rpg in reserve minutes off the bench, youth.

Why do teams want Anderson? The same reason some of us want Marcus Thornton. Potential. Anderson just turned 23 a month ago. Wes Johnson is almost a year older than him. He's born in the same year as Evan Turner, a month older than Landry Fields, etc. He's got a lot of improvement possible with age. Teams look at his 28-10 game against Chicago and wonder if he could develop into a Peja Stojakovic type of player or a Mike Miller or a Cliff Robinson.

You watch the magic and see these player's weaknesses. You think because these guys don't work here nobody wants them. What you don't understand is we ask Anderson, Bass, and Nelson to play in a role that they aren't fit to play. Nelson shouldn't be a #1 perimeter option. Anderson shouldn't be a full time starter on a team with only 1 good defensive player. Bass shouldn't be playing backup center.

And we'd suck if we traded nelson and anderson for nash.

Ben gordon

If we trade Nelson. We can't play Nelson-Gordon. We need a defensive 2 guard and let Gordon play in a Crawford/Terry type of role that he excels at.

I'm bored so let's play a little game, we post trades that are successful on the trade machine and other posters have to rate them 1 to 10.

The criteria is:

would every team in question do it and would it help them

I'm bored so let's play a little game, we post trades that are successful on the trade machine and other posters have to rate them 1 to 10.

The criteria is:

would every team in question do it and would it help them

we've been playing this game all off season :panicworker:

Orlando gets: Iguodala, Mo Williams

Clippers get: Hedo, Jameer

Philly gets: Kaman, Ryan

helps us a lot. Clips move evenly. Philly gets destroyed. They drop from Monta Ellis to Kaman and anderson.