Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

ESPN Piece on Dwight Howard (Video)

There are a few posters on this forum that need to be reminded what an actual bad coach looks like so that we can all go back to appreciating what Stan does.

Save it.

If you've read my posts, I never said that I thought Stan was a bad coach. However, that doesn't mean I think he's the coach to get us over the hump. The guy makes way too many emotional mistakes and is too stubborn to effectively adjust during playoff games. Once we meet a team that single covers Dwight in the playoffs, its pretty much over. Not to mention his %#^tty rotations during critical games while ignoring contrary rotations that worked in a previous win.

And if the reports are true, and if Catman actually has some sort of inside information, the players are starting to tune him out. Do you really think we'll win a championship with our players tuning out our coach? Now it becomes less of a issue of "bad coaching" and more of an issue of trust in our locker room.

That said, there really isn't anyone better on the market as of now so we'll pretty much continue to get eliminated in the playoffs.

Save it.

If you've read my posts, I never said that I thought Stan was a bad coach. However, that doesn't mean I think he's the coach to get us over the hump. The guy makes way too many emotional mistakes and is too stubborn to effectively adjust during playoff games. Not to mention his makes mind boggingly bad rotations and ignores contrary rotations that worked in a previous win.

That said, there really isn't anyone better on the market as of now so we'll pretty much continue to get eliminated in the playoffs.

You keep saying this even though we keep reminding you that you're wrong. Now, for the 1,000th time, give us examples of emotional mistakes, adjustments he didn't make during playoff games, and the adjustments he should have made.

You keep saying this even though we keep reminding you that you're wrong. Now, for the 1,000th time, give us examples of emotional mistakes, adjustments he didn't make during playoff games, and the adjustments he should have made.

For the 1,000th time? I've listed numerous examples in PLENTY another threads. And not surprisingly, didn't receive a single response from the Stan Fan Boys.

This is just an example from the series against Atlanta:

Hedo played way too much. Didn't we win that game when Hedo was out for a majority of the game? Ding Ding Ding Stan, it means Hedo SHOOTS US OUT OF GAMES SO KEEP HIM ON THE BENCH.

Hmm, lets see:

1) Taking out J-Rich in critical moments when his shooting was super hot during one of the games

2) Letting JJ Redick take the last shot when J-Rich is clearly the superior clutch shooter

3) Not running enough PnR's will Gil and Dwight

4) Giving that idiot Turkoglu the last shot in a critical game

For the 1,000th time? I've listed numerous examples in PLENTY another threads. And not surprisingly, didn't receive a single response from the Stan Fan Boys.

This is just an example from the series against Atlanta:

Right.

J Rich was injured

JJ is one of the greatest three point shooters in college history and has a career 3pt shooting % around 40% in the NBA. You criticize that move only because JJ missed it. If it went in you would have said nothing. Giving the ball to a guy who is wide open with a 40% average on three point shooting is a good move every single time.

3. I don't have time, i got to go, but ill look this up and respond later.

4. He didn't give turk the final shot. Turk took the final shot. there's a difference.

• Upvote 1

Right.

J Rich was injured

JJ is one of the greatest three point shooters in college history and has a career 3pt shooting % around 40% in the NBA. You criticize that move only because JJ missed it. If it went in you would have said nothing. Giving the ball to a guy who is wide open with a 40% average on three point shooting is a good move every single time.

4. He didn't give turk the final shot. Turk took the final shot. there's a difference.

I am with Lechauncey on this one. I do not have the time to go back and read through all my posts for more examples, I would like to pass my exam tonight. But, I also believe we could be much worse off than having Stan.

• Downvote 1

Right.

J Rich was injured

JJ was coming back from an injury; he would be more rusty. JRich was playing so I don't see how that is relevant at all.

No I criticized the move because it was a huge risk. It doesn't matter his shooting percentage in COLLEGE. Were talking about CLUTCH situations. How many clutch shots has J-Rich hit for us? How many Redick? My 5 year old brother could tell you who should have gotten that ball in that situation.

And again, no, that play was drawn up for Turkoglu. It was quite obvious it was. I'm not talking about the last game. I think it was the game before that.

JJ was coming back from an injury; he would be more rusty. JRich was playing so I don't see how that is relevant at all. JJ was in his 6th game back from being injured. Richardson had a foot injury that was effecting his play significantly. J rich did get the last shot in that game and it was blocked. JJ missed a wide open shot

No I criticized the move because it was a huge risk. It doesn't matter his shooting percentage in COLLEGE. If you would take 2 seconds to look stuff up instead of spouting nonsense ALL OF THE FREAKING TIME you would know those were his NBA NUMBERSWere talking about CLUTCH situations. How many clutch shots has J-Rich hit for us? How many Redick? JJ hits 69% of clutch shots, Richardson hits 40% of his clutch shotsMy 5 year old brother could tell you who should have gotten that ball in that situation. Because getting the ball to a guy whose having trouble getting any elevation on his shot because of the 7 stitches in his foot makes total sense

And again, no, that play was drawn up for Turkoglu. It was quite obvious it was. I'm not talking about the last game. I think it was the game before that. Turk got the ball from Arenas with 10 seconds left. Dwight was at the top of the key waiting for Hedo to make a move. Arenas was wide open midcourt. Jameer was in the corner and Q was in the short corner in a position to set a screen on jameer's man on the help or possibly be in position for a rebound. Hedo was supposed to drive, kick it back to Arenas if he needed help, kick it out for a jameer three, or quickly get it to dwight to at least get two points and cut the lead again. Turk held the ball out and got it stolen. That was not the play. If we were going to run the play for a turk three we would have given him the ball with less time on the clock.

Get your head out of your *** for once. Please. Do it for me.

Get your head out of your *** for once. Please. Do it for me.

H4TW bringing the heat...nice break down of the last play. I noticed that too when I watched the game. Turk was so desperate to get out of his shooting slump that he thought hitting a big shot would help. It didn't.

Dwight Howard said that growing up Magic Johnson inspired him to play basketball. Well apparently while Howard was in the 10th grade, Magic took it to another level. Magic told the 16-year old that he was too skinny to play in the NBA. "Magic inspired me by telling me i wasn't going to make it, that I was too little... I said, 'OK, we'll see", Howard recalls. Just 2 years later, Dwight Howard was selected as the number 1 pick by the Orlando Magic straight out of High School, in the 2004 NBA Draft.

http://www.iamagm.com/news/2011/06/07/dwight.howard.claims.magic.johnson.told.him.10th.grade.he.was.too.skinny.play.nba