Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

Kerr: Magic Are Cavaliers and 'No Way' Getting CP3 or Williams

Why must you desecrate this picture?

xTXbn.jpg

"I just feel like they've kind of gone down the same path as Cleveland went around LeBron [James]," Steve Kerr, an analyst for TNT and the former general manager of the Phoenix Suns, said during an interview Friday.

"But in the end, the risk was extending themselves on the cap and really hamstringing their future options. It was very similar to Cleveland, and I think that's where Orlando is now. There's no way — there's no way — you can get Chris Paul or Deron Williams when you don't have cap room and you don't have assets."

We all kinda knew that we probably weren't going to get CP3 or Deron. I don't think we're the cavs though, but I kind of agree with him on the last part of the second quote. The asset thing going to kill us this year. I wonder how many more trade opportunities could have arisen had we waited.

Steve Kerr for Orlando GM!

98413251-c9402f8a53c85e624c5c243307.gif

Oh wait.

I think he's next year's NBA 2k12 commentator.

Gonna be a blast listening to him talk about this all the time.

Is he replacing Kellogg or are they just adding him on there?

There's no way — there's no way — you can get Chris Paul or Deron Williams when you don't have cap room and you don't have assets."

amRRC.png

• Upvote 1

It's inevitable. A person makes a comment that is entirely factual and fans of that team will insult the man's playing career or call him an idiot. We aren't that different from the Cavs...except we have a more reliable superstar. We have a lot of long term bad contracts and not very many tradeable assets. Trading for an allstar point guard at this point is a pipe dream.

He's pretty much spot on to be honest. The Magic have no ability what so ever to trade for CP3. The only way he ends up in Orlando is if the Magic pull the same thing they did, trade off their long term commitments, bring in a bunch of expiring contracts and essentially bite the bullet for one full season. Then make sure Dwight understands why we are doing it, get him to recruit CP3 big time, and sign them both straight up.

That is the only way the Magic will get him. There is not a trade out there that makes sense for New Orleans to give us Chris Paul.

• Downvote 1