Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

How to NOT let history repeat itself

This looks eerily similar to last year against Boston in the ECF. We are down 3-1, get to Game 5 to our homecourt, and blow out the other team. We all start getting excited. We get to Boston in Game 6 and get ousted out of the ECF.

Although I feel this might happen again, we can't let history repeat itself again this year.

What did we do right in this game that we should do in the next?

1) Get into rhythm EARLY by DRIVING in; we shouldn't start chucking AT ALL in the beginning. Let our guys get some confidence. Let us get some fouls. NO 3's UNTIL THEN! Again, we started off terrible but got into rhythm once guys starting taking it inside and once JJ started shooting some nice midrange jumpers.

2) Bench Turkoglu more

3) Play our bench line up with Gil and JJ more to give Dwight some rest. Those guys did a great job today.

4) JJ and Gil are apparently our x-factors in this series. Lets get them going early. JJ really sparked our offense with that incredible display in the 1st quarter. Glbert really got our offense flowing for the bench by making great plays. WE NEED THESE GUYS.

5) Our DEFENSE WAS SUPERB. I noticed ALOT of helpside defense this game that I didn't notice in the other games. Defensive strategy needs to stay this way.

6) Win the 1st quarter. That seems to be the trend going on here for who seems to take control of the rest of the game.

This just shows that we clearly are the better team. We just have to ADAPT and play the RIGHT way and our shots will start to fall. It's all about our confidence in our offense. The offense quadruples exponentially when we actually start making shots. Once we get into rhythm, we're deadly. But to ensure we get into rhythm, lets not start Game 6 with chucking, please? I'd rather die by the layup than by the 3.

For some reason I really feel that we are going to go back to chucking bad 3-point shots and not play defense in Game 6, thinking that we finally can "beat" ATL with little effort.

I hope we've grown up from last year.

On the plus side, GREAT WIN! GO MAGIC!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I was very happy when Turk picked up his 2nd foul. Turk needs to come off the bench, but Stan is too stubborn to realize this.

• Upvote 1

Turk has been a nightmare offensively and you get what you get from him on defense. He should start but Stan can't be so stubborn to keep going to him. Clearly Gilbert and Jameer are the better playmakers for us in this series.

I feel a lot better about this series. If we can hit our shots they will fold like they always do.

• Upvote 1

Personally, I do not think it is the same. We were down 3-0, and no team has ever won from that. This time we at were 3-1,and this makes a difference. I don't remember blowing out the Celtics, but I remember winning in ot. I just want to enjoy this win for the moment. Bostons are champions who know how win, and the Hawks have not got past the 2nd round since I was 6 years old. There was really no hope with the Celtics, but at least I feel we a a chance with Hawks.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Personally, I do not think it is the same. We were down 3-0, and no team has ever won from that. This time we at were 3-1,and this makes a difference. I don't remember blowing out the Celtics, but I remember winning in ot. I just want to enjoy this win for the moment. Bostons are champions who know how win, and the Hawks have not got past the 2nd round since I was 6 years old. There was really no hope with the Celtics, but at least I feel we a a chance with Hawks.

False. We were 3-1 when we entered Game 5 against Boston at home, in which we blew them out. I would know, I was at the game. We then proceeded to lose Game 6 when we went back to Boston. The only real difference between this series and that one was the order of the wins/losses. Besides that, its almost identical.

For all you guys saying Boston isn't the Hawks, you are totally missing the point. It doesn't matter who it is; we are coming back from a big hole and we need NOT be complacent in our next game. We can DEFINITELY still win this. We just need to keep up the smart play, the hustle, and the great defense.

We can do this, and hopefully, we will!

• Downvote 1

False. We were 3-1 when we entered Game 5 against Boston at home, in which we blew them out. I would know, I was at the game. We then proceeded to lose Game 6 when we went back to Boston. The only real difference between this series and that one was the order of the wins/losses. Besides that, its almost identical.

For all you guys saying Boston isn't the Hawks, you are totally missing the point. It doesn't matter who it is; we are coming back from a big hole and we need NOT be complacent in our next game. We can DEFINITELY still win this. We just need to keep up the smart play, the hustle, and the great defense.

When? I though we lost 2 home games to Boston, and then lost away game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

When? I though we lost 2 home games to Boston, and then lost away game.

Ok, I guess I will have to break it down for you.

We had home court advantage against the Celtics, like we do now against the Hawks.

Vs Boston

Game 1 in ORL - L

Game 2 in ORL - L

Game 3 in BOS - L

Game 4 in BOS - W

Game 5 in ORL - W (entering this game, we were down 3-1; we blew them out this game and made the series 3-2)

Game 6 in BOS - L (we lose series 4-2)

vs. ATL

Game 1 in ORL - L

Game 2 in ORL - W

Game 3 in ATL - L

Game 4 in ATL- L

Game 5 in ORL - W (entering this game, we were down 3-1; we also blew them out this game and now have made the series 3-2)

Game 6 in ATL - ? (we'll have to wait and see; hopefully history does not repeat itself)

As you can see, coming into Game 5, in both series, we annihilated both opponents, and we were down 3-1 going into both games. Like I said, the only difference was the ORDER in win/losses. Game 6 was the deciding factor in the Boston series; let's see if we can change that this time against ATL.

• Downvote 1

Ok, I guess I will have to break it down for you.

We had home court advantage against the Celtics, like we do now against the Hawks.

Vs Boston

Game 1 in ORL - L

Game 2 in ORL - L

Game 3 in BOS - L

Game 4 in BOS - W

Game 5 in ORL - W (entering this game, we were down 3-1; we blew them out this game and made the series 3-2)

Game 6 in BOS - L (we lose series 4-2)

vs. ATL

Game 1 in ORL - L

Game 2 in ORL - W

Game 3 in ATL - L

Game 4 in ATL- L

Game 5 in ORL - W (entering this game, we were down 3-1; we also blew them out this game and now have made the series 3-2)

Game 6 in ATL - ? (we'll have to wait and see; hopefully history does not repeat itself)

As you can see, coming into Game 5, in both series, we annihilated both opponents, and we were down 3-1 going into that game. Like I said, the only difference was the ORDER in win/losses. Game 6 was the deciding factor in the Boston series; let's see if we can change that this time against ATL.

Do you really have to be so nasty about it? I realize that I do not know as much about Basketball, as you guys do. You made valid points, and I also have a valid point about no team ever coming back from a 3-0 deficient. I think 8 or 9 teams, have won a series. I really did not remember blowing the Bostons out. It was a honest mistake.

http://yfrog.com/gyvw8zuj The team won't get complacent.

And Boston was different. Boston was just soo much better and mentally tougher than Atlanta is. I don't think we got complacent, we just couldn't win 3 straight against a VERY good team.

We're going to have to win three straight against ATL to take this series; winning 3 straight is going to be extremely tough no matter what, whether its Boston or this year's ATL team. Remember, THIS ATL team that has shown be a nightmare matchup for us. If you don't think this is a really good Hawks team (at least against us), then you're kidding yourself. Don't make the same mistake you made at the beginning of this series.

Lets keep the turnovers down, drive as much as we can, run the ball as fast as we can, and most importantly, play the tough defense we played with today.

Do you really have to be so nasty about it? I realize that I do not know as much about Basketball, as you guys do. You made valid points, and I also have a valid point about no team ever coming back from a 3-0 deficient. I think 8 or 9 teams, have won a series. I really did not remember blowing the Bostons out. It was a honest mistake.

Who's being nasty? I certainly did not mean to be. I was just trying to re-emphasize my point.

Like I said, we can definitely still win this. But it's going to take extremely HARD play by our guys in the next 2 games. Let's hope they are up for it and can get it done on both the defensive and offensive end.