Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

Should Stan Van Gundy be fired?

52 members have voted

1. 1. Should SVG be fired?

• Yes
    • No

This is the playoffs right? I understand that Dwight is the most important person to the Magic. He is the engine that makes the team go. But if we do not win in the playoffs, the team will be going fishing. The hawks are killing us with their size. Their 2,3,and 4s are posting our guys up often and getting everybody else on their team very good shots. I say we move Hedo to cover Joe Johnson and move Brandon bass to cover Josh smith and Dwight howard over Horford, and Ryan Anderson over Collins since the hawks would never go to Collins. This gives us size and there is no way that Joe, Josh or Horford would be able to post up Hedo, Bass and Howard. We would have more punch off the bench. Richardson may give us more fire power off the bench not having to go against Joe as much. We could bring Richardson off the bench about the 4 minute mark and move Hedo to 3 spot. Give Brandon bass time to rest. Then Brandon comes in and give Ryan anderson time to rest. Dwight howard doesn't need any rest. I think this lineup gives us the best chance as it will shut out any post up advantages the Hawks has.

I wasn't a proponent of Stan getting fired, but now I think that he should be. Our offense yesterday was just terrible. And i'm not saying that it was terrible because our guys couldn't make shots. What the hell was he thinking giving the ball to Turk at the end, especially when Jameer just made a clutch shot? Why aren't we attacking the basket more like we did in Game 2? Why aren't we running pick and rolls like we did in game 2? This reminds of Game 6 against Boston where instead of playing like we did in Games 4 and 5, we went back to playing like we did in Games 2 and 3.

Master of Panic strikes again.

SVG, WE ARENT GOING TO GET OPEN LOOKS BY POSTING UP DWIGHT YOU IDIOT. Run pick and rolls for Jameer, allow him to attack, if he can't, their defense will collapse, and we will get open shots.

Even if SVG's plan WAS to attack the basket, but the team didnt listen, we have no choice but to fire him anyway if the team is blocking him out.

Fire him. I'm sick and tired of him, otis, and everyone not named Dwight on this team.

• Upvote 1

I wasn't a proponent of Stan getting fired, but now I think that he should be. Our offense yesterday was just terrible. And i'm not saying that it was terrible because our guys couldn't make shots. What the hell was he thinking giving the ball to Turk at the end, especially when Jameer just made a clutch shot? Why aren't we attacking the basket more like we did in Game 2? Why aren't we running pick and rolls like we did in game 2? This reminds of Game 6 against Boston where instead of playing like we did in Games 4 and 5, we went back to playing like we did in Games 2 and 3.

We were running pick and rolls all game, especially in the 4th. However, Hedo was missing shots, making bad passes, and a lot of guys missed open shots. The play at the end that resulted in Hedo forcing a stupid three was a pick and roll gone wrong because Hedo was scared to take a layup.

Master of Panic strikes again.

SVG, WE ARENT GOING TO GET OPEN LOOKS BY POSTING UP DWIGHT YOU IDIOT. Run pick and rolls for Jameer, allow him to attack, if he can't, their defense will collapse, and we will get open shots.

Even if SVG's plan WAS to attack the basket, but the team didnt listen, we have no choice but to fire him anyway if the team is blocking him out.

Fire him. I'm sick and tired of him, otis, and everyone not named Dwight on this team.

Considering nobody is making shots the entire series except for Dwight, posting him up is the best thing we can do at this point. The only thing they can do to stop it is to try and steal the ball or flop. We run pick and rolls a lot throughout the game but our ballhandlers are making poor decisions and when they make good decisions, players aren't hitting open shots. Hedo missed at least three or four open threes in the corner, Ryan missed a couple open threes, J-Rich missed several open threes. The only thing we have working on offense is Dwight. That's not Stan's fault our roster is built with guys who can't create their own shot.

SVG's offense worked fine. The goal is to put your players in position to score, how many WIDE open shots did we have yesterday? A ton. Stan can only coach, he can't put on his fairy suit and flutter his wings over to the basket to place the ball in. Besides Dwight and often Jameer there isn't another consistent threat on the roster, that's the issue not Stan. If Stan's offense can take out teams such as Boston and Cleveland in the playoffs it sure as hell is adequate enough to beat the freaking Hawks. Guys just aren't making shots that's all there is to it.

When I say pick and roll, I want the guy running the pick and roll to ATTEMPT TO FINISH and attack the rim. Even uncontested, we just simply aren't making shots against this team. Everyone needs to crash the boards and everyone needs to attack. No more 3's against the Hawks; it isn't working. THIS, MY FRIENDS, IS ON THE COACHING. We can complain all we want about our shots that normally fall aren't falling, but the reality is that our struggles with making long range shots against this team have been consistent.

Everyone sans Dwight was terrible on our team yesterday. And this includes SVG. The last play with Turk really made me slap my head in disgust. When he passed it out to Brandon Bass during that play, I wish he would have just taken that shot. He was wide open and had just hit a big shot right before that. Instead, TurkaMoron takes a ridiculous three.

This is a typical SVG-Turk play. So predictable that I even told my friends before the play (who aren't magic fans) that this was going to be the play drawn up. Even if it was Turk's fault, the fact that SVG went with him when he was garbage that whole game shows alot about his judgement.

SVG's offense worked fine. The goal is to put your players in position to score, how many WIDE open shots did we have yesterday? A ton. Stan can only coach, he can't put on his fairy suit and flutter his wings over to the basket to place the ball in. Besides Dwight and often Jameer there isn't another consistent threat on the roster, that's the issue not Stan. If Stan's offense can take out teams such as Boston and Cleveland in the playoffs it sure as hell is adequate enough to beat the freaking Hawks. Guys just aren't making shots that's all there is to it.

You mean a KG-less Boston? Or that fact that we got owned 4-1 against the Lakers in the finals. The series against Cleveland was more of a mismatch in personelle than it had to do with SVG's "great offense".

• Downvote 1

When I say pick and roll, I want the guy running the pick and roll to ATTEMPT TO FINISH and attack the rim. Even uncontested, we just simply aren't making shots agaionst this team. Everyone needs to crash the boards and everyone needs to attack. No more 3's against the Hawks; it isn't working. THIS, MY FRIENDS, IS ON THE COACHING. We can complain all we want about our shots that normally fall aren't falling, but the reality is that our struggles with making long range shots against this team have been consistent.

That's on the ball handler to attack the basket, not Stan. When running a pick and roll you have multiple options and it's something the ball handler has to figure out as the best option, not Stan. He doesn't have a headset to tell Hedo or Jameer what to do every time down the floor.

What else should we be doing on offense? Don't say attack the basket either, it's not as easy as it sounds. If it was as easy as saying attack the basket, we'd score pretty much every time down the floor. If we are going to miss open threes, there isn't much we can do about it. You're getting good looks, just up to the players to knock them down.

Everyone sans Dwight was terrible on our team yesterday. And this includes SVG. The last play with Turk really made me slap my head in disgust. When he passed it out to Brandon Bass during that play, I wish he would have just taken that shot. He was wide open and had just hit a big shot right before that. Instead, TurkaMoron takes a ridiculous three.

I agree, it was a good play that Turk ruined because he got scared to take the layup, well I think he was afraid of getting fouled and having to hit pressure FTs.

This is a typical SVG-Turk play. Even if it was Turk's fault, the fact that SVG went with him when he was garbage that whole game shows alot about his judgement.

I wouldn't have gone to Hedo either myself, but he did make the right pass to an open Bass to give us a 84-83 lead right before that and Jameer was struggling too. Hardly a reason to fire Stan.