Sign in to follow this  
VCplusD12

Official Gamethread: ORLANDO at Atlanta 8PM

When did the Globetrotters become an NBA franchise? The hawks have done nothing but play out there asses, throw up prayers and won by single digits...while our team for the most part has been atrocious. At this point it is plainly obvious that this Magic lineup is going nowhere even if we win this series. Its time to get rid of Otis and his rediculous way of running this team. Make him pay for getting his worthless thug BFF here and breaking up a decent team. If we had Gortat,Pietrus,Carter and Lewis back I truly feel we would be in a better position. So Im praying to the basketball gods that if we get bounced there are some wholesale changes with this organization. Growing up in Orlando and seeing this team progress from laughing stock to contender has been great. But 50+ win seasons is not enough anymore...its time to bring some hardware to O-town.

• Upvote 1

ZaZa been jabbin at dwight all freakin night...i'm glad richardson got up in his face..i would have punched him not slap him and earn my suspension for all that....

Does anyone know the difference between punching and slapping in terms of suspension? Is there even a distinction? I remember when QRich was suspended a game for slapping a dude. Would punching call for a longer suspension?

Just wondering how wise it would be to _earn_ your suspension.

You are one of the great basketball imdson the boards, and I usually agree with you. However, I believe Tim Donaghy and what he says most of the time. He said that NBA would not let Magic go to the finals again. I believe the refs will screw the Magic over. Look how the Bulls are struggling with the Pacers. No way does Stern us to play that series. Stern is safe with the Hawks, Bulls will sweep them for sure.

Thanks, but try to understand this: if Stern wants Chicago to advance, he'll rig the Bulls series. He gains absolutely nothing by having the Hawks advance because no one likes the Hawks, a team that can't even sell out their own arena in the playoffs. A Bulls/Magic series would be great for the league in terms of $$$$$ because of the Rose vs. Dwight matchup and that it would probably go to game 6 or 7, whereas Chicago would most likely sweep the Hawks. That's not good for Stern in a business sense. Now, he may want to extend this series but there's no reason for him to rig the games so that the Hawks advance, unless he's trying to market a new line of empty arena chairs dressed in white t-shirts

look at what Kurt Thomas doing in Chicago. Portland signed Barron and another young center from D-League who is athletic and blocking shots and rebounds for Blazers. We made such a huge favour to Wizards by saving them around 40-50 millions by trading them Lewis and we did not ask for one of their young bigs??? they would have gladly given us one but we did not want to waive Allen probably. so there were many options to get a big body for the playoffs. Dwight sat few minutes in second quarter and Hawks build a lead immediately. He had to play the whole second game. Without him we have no presense in the paint at all!!!

The Bulls signed Thomas in the offseason, he wasn't really available for the Magic. Someone like Barron or a scrub from the Wizards wouldn't make a difference right now. Otis' failures are the moves he has made, not the ones he hasn't made.

• Upvote 1

The Bulls signed Thomas in the offseason, he wasn't really available for the Magic. Someone like Barron or a scrub from the Wizards wouldn't make a difference right now. Otis' failures are the moves he has made, not the ones he hasn't made.

When the offseason comes who do u think wud fit well for this team as backup center? Anyone besides allen basically lol

Thanks, but try to understand this: if Stern wants Chicago to advance, he'll rig the Bulls series. He gains absolutely nothing by having the Hawks advance because no one likes the Hawks, a team that can't even sell out their own arena in the playoffs. A Bulls/Magic series would be great for the league in terms of $$$$$ because of the Rose vs. Dwight matchup and that it would probably go to game 6 or 7, whereas Chicago would most likely sweep the Hawks. That's not good for Stern in a business sense. Now, he may want to extend this series but there's no reason for him to rig the games so that the Hawks advance, unless he's trying to market a new line of empty arena chairs dressed in white t-shirts

I understand, but a Heat-Bulls ECF would make more money that a Magic-Heat ECF. I just do not believe Hawks are better than us, if Dwight and Richardson are both suspeneded, I know it is a fix, because ZAZA started and he will likely get nothing at all. Hawks have hacked on Dwight all series long, and few fouls called.

Your team must suck too, considering they can barely beat us by hitting contested garbage.

And the Magic couldn't beat us with a TEAM EFFORT what does that tell you? If Hawk play as a team next game we will win by 10+ book it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1