Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Big News ! Turk plays back-up PG (link)

"I'm just trying to play my game and I can't right now change things that I've never done before," Turkoglu said. "I'm going to shoot it when I'm open. If I'm not, I'm going to drive it to the basket. Either I'm going to shoot it or find my teammate."

This from Hedo is hilarious, if you listened to Stan after the game last night. He said he can't get Hedo to take open shots. Hedo passes up open shots and shoots step back contested, and no matter how much film they show him, they can't get him to work on his shot selection.

Yeah, I realize Turk is struggling with his shot selection....the main reason I posted the Sentinel piece was because of this :

Van Gundy and his assistant coaches have been pleased with how Turkoglu has performed on pick-and-rolls, which are a crucial component of Orlando's offense.

By the coaching staff's count, Turkoglu and Dwight Howard ran 15 pick-and-rolls together in Game 3, and Van Gundy said the Magic got "great shots" on 13 of those 15 occasions.

From a fan perspective that's what I'm seeing too.

I feel more comfortable in that offensive set than any other Stan calls....I felt comfortable when it happened live on TV Friday also.(in crunch time)

Just didn't work out.....