Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

Gamethread: Magic vs. Hawks - GAME ONE

Game One!  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

2. 2. Which Stuff will we see?

Go Magic. After hearing all of the so called experts this year and last year, I am now convinced Magic will win the series. I remember last year, that idiot Mchale kept saying The Bobcats will come back, and Jeff Van Dummy saying the Bobcats would win the series. Come on Magicmen, cage those Hawks.

Go Magic. After hearing all of the so called experts this year and last year, I am now convinced Magic will win the series. I remember last year, that idiot Mchale kept saying The Bobcats will come back, and Jeff Van Dummy saying the Bobcats would win the series. Come on Magicmen, cage those Hawks.

I don't understand why you even bother taking their opinions into account. They're always wrong. All these guys last year were saying that CLE was gonna win it all; they didnt even make the finals.

Should have been lesson learned my friend.

Who's the ONE person that voted for the Hawks to win?

Don't hide behind your screen from the interwebs.

SHOW YOURSELF!!!

SHOW YOURSELF!!!

BMP

SHOW YOURSELF!!!

Jon Barry must have created an account....

Really excited to see Amway Center in a playoff atmosphere, and expect, as always, the Joe Johnson big game disappearing act... Here's to hoping J-Smoove spends the game on the perimeter.. Magic will get a win tomorrow!

Game Prediction: Joe Johnson disappears. Josh Smith misses the outside shots he normally misses. Al Horford has a big game, but it isn't enough in a mostly defensive (or bad offensive, if you prefer) struggle. They at least keep it somewhat close, thanks to their false over-confidence by "winning" the season series 3-1. Never mind the flu for the first game, or not having anyone available after the trades for the other game, and so forth.

Atlanta 88

Orlando 96

Series Prediction: For the longest I was going to give ATL enough respect to say it would get pushed to six games, but.. I just can't. They've bottomed out SO badly in so many games against good-to-great teams at their home that I can't even buy in that far. Not only do we have home court advantage but whatever home court they have absolutely sucks. Not to mention they have no answer for Dwight Howard OR Jameer Nelson. And so after how bleh ATL looked the last two weeks of the regular season, and how Orlando has ramped it up a notch or two the last two weeks of the season... I say it's a repeat of that first round matchup against Toronto a few years back. Magic win the first two games at home. One close, one not so much. Then ATL rides enough emotion back in Georgia to take Game 3. But then the Magic steal Game 4 in a close road win, before demoralizing ATL in Game 5 back in Orlando to advance to the second round.

Orlando 4

Atlanta 1

• Upvote 2

Can't believe I won't see this one live. Had to go to a funeral in Ohio. I will be on the road all day today. Thank God for Satellite Radio. I will have about 10 hours straight of playoff games. Should get me from Nashville to nearly home.

I will have to wait to unveil my Fear the White Beard T-Shirt until Tuesday night. Santa can get really peeved at this time of the year.

At least I was able to sell my tickets online, for a profit. Last thing I wanted to do was leave the seats empty. Hope it was a Magic Fan.

We win.

I think the Magic did well this season considering al the injuries, trades and illnesses, and we can be proud as fans. At first, I was nervous about the Magic's chances, but I think we will do fine, and win in 5 games. I don't expect alot of ref cheating; mainly Stern probably does not care about the outcome of this series. I think the Bull's lack of playoff experience will hurt them against veteran teams such as the Magic. I think the Magic would have a shot at the bulls based on the last game. Derrick Rose has to have a great great night to beat us without Dwight. I am rooting for you Magic.