Sign in to follow this  
Chase

MVP/Playoff chat with John Hollinger

We only have a 5% chance of making the Finals?

John, U mad?

That's not really THAT ridiculous, considering we did lose to the Hawks 3-1 already in the season (and that's our first round), we have to face the BEST team in the Eastern Conference in our second round, and we have to get past Miami/Boston in the ECF just to make it back to the finals.

That's a pretty tough schedule for any team, especially with a team as inconsistent as ours, which also lacks depth at a position we sorely need (center position).

I'm not saying we can't do it, but I don't expect the odds to be in our favor at all.

*******BEGIN TRANSMISSION*******

Your strawmen are as adorable as they are transparent and pathetic.

No, what Xenu is saying is that the most effective, efficient thing the Orlando offense can do in clutch situations is give the ball to their best player, and that the standard argument of "they can just foul him and make him shoot free throws" is stupid and wrong, since Howard shooting free throws is more efficient than any other player on our team doing anything.

You really should have realized you were on the wrong side of this argument when you started arguing against "Give the ball to our best player".

*******END TRANSMISSION*******

Beyond simple math that smacks you in the face, how does this theory persist after the Magic reached the Finals by going to Dwight in crunch time?

More inexplicable than fans or media pundits continuing to perpetuate it, did the coaching staff get amnesia following that Finals run?

That's not really THAT ridiculous, considering we did lose to the Hawks 3-1 already in the season (and that's our first round), we have to face the team with the BEST record in the Eastern Conference in our second round, and we have to get past Miami/Boston in the ECF just to make it back to the finals.

That's a pretty tough schedule for any team, especially with a team as inconsistent as ours, which also lacks depth at a position we sorely need (center position).

I'm not saying we can't do it, but I don't expect the odds to be in our favor at all.

The bolded won't matter because we're better than Chi and Atl when it counts. I think there's a 70% of being a Magic-Celtics ECF again and that matchup is 50-50 right now

The bolded won't matter because we're better than Chi and Atl when it counts.

I understand that, but if you're going based off mathematical probability, "when it counts" can't really factor in. Understandably so, as we haven't proven, based on our previous matchups this season, that we can beat ATL or CHI on a consistent basis.

I think there's a 70% of being a Magic-Celtics ECF again and that matchup is 50-50 right now

I like your enthusiasm man. I hope your right!