Sign in to follow this  
VCplusD12

The Official Soccer Thread

Barca-Madrid was awesome (even for me and my family rooting for Real) I just didn't post anything because I wasn't sure you guys would be watching it.

That article is pretty cool, but I'd say in terms of hatred Boca vs River may be even greater, but obviously Real vs Barça is the biggest, most beautiful, richest & most meaningful rivalry in sports.

That shot by Ronaldo to the crossbar had me cringing, and Real deserved to win the first leg.. Barça was incredibly effective, and Messi is just a f'n stud.

In other news: Falcao signed for Atletico Madrid, good deal for us since he wanted to leave FC Porto and he won't be playing in the CL & we sold him for friggin 40 million euros (could improve to 47)

Boca River is not just greater than Barca-Madrid, is the greatest rivalry in every sport in the world.

Messi is playing so well, he did everything in Camp Nou. The assist for the 1st goal, and the fact that he started and finished the 3rd, just incredible.

Boca River is not just greater than Barca-Madrid, is the greatest rivalry in every sport in the world.

Not lately. Both teams have sucked for a few years and their matches lately have not been as good.

And let me clarify Manu... I started watching agentinian soccer around 99 when the 3 colombians werr playing in boca. Both teams had stars such as saviola, aimar, angel, yepes, el burrito ortega, falcao, higuain, tevez, roman, palermo, cagna, cerna, cordova, bermudez, abundancieri (all from around 99 to maybe 07?) over thepast few years I've really lost interest in your soccer and occasionally watch a game. I became a fan even if one of our players wasnt playing. The only team Ive enjoyed watching is copa libertadores is estudiantes

Damn!! 3-2 :panicworker:

Great effort by these kids that come from a country with less than 11 million people, Brazil scored some fluke goals!!

Anyway, it was nice to see the final spoken 100% in Portuguese and it was a great game.

Damn!! 3-2 :panicworker:

Great effort by these kids that come from a country with less than 11 million people, Brazil scored some fluke goals!!

Anyway, it was nice to see the final spoken 100% in Portuguese and it was a great game.

I was about to say, I thought the first 4 goals were all flukes. . . in one way or another. The first two by both teams were huge defensive lapses, the next two were bad goalkeeping. Oscar's third was awesome, though. Guys reminds me of Juninho so much.

And yes, that ref was terrible, for both sides.

The last goal wasn't intended for the goal IMO, he was trying to cross the ball. Anyway, not that bad of a deal, but a brazillian defender kicked a guy in the *****ing head and no red card was shown when we were winning 2-1...

We all know that Brazil is a "more important" team so they close their eyes when stuff like that happens

The last goal wasn't intended for the goal IMO, he was trying to cross the ball. Anyway, not that bad of a deal, but a brazillian defender kicked a guy in the *****ing head and no red card was shown when we were winning 2-1...

We all know that Brazil is a "more important" team so they close their eyes when stuff like that happens

You mean kicked the ball at his head? Huge difference. . . both sides were dirty, anyways. Tons of dirty fouls Portugal also committed after the ball was gone that weren't called. Then there was that play right after Portugal's 1st when the defender pushed Williams (Willians?) off the ball like he was Nick Collison boxing out Zach Randolph in the playoffs, which led to no shot and the goalie saving it at the line

wouldn't call the refereeing one sided a bit, it was just bad overall

that goal definitely looked intentional by the way. He looked at the goalie, took a step or two, and as soon as he shot he looked straight at the goal

Well, I can't be a hypocrite so I have to say I'm not that bummed, because if Portugal won I wouldn't be that happy either. It would be cool to win but U20 and U21 competitions don't have that "meaning", know what I'm saying?

I just hope we can win Euro 2012, Germany and obviously Spain will be our bigger challenges, but we've proven to be up to the task