Sign in to follow this  
VCplusD12

The Official Soccer Thread

Are you saying that it used to be more competitive in 2005 than it is in 2012?

I'm saying it's impossible to compare.

Watch some Madrid games instead then. Di Maria is one of the worst I've ever seen. He is actually pathetic.

Pepe is just a thug, and typical of players nowadays. Gives out everything he possibly can, but someone touches him, and down he goes. Precisely like Drogba.

I understand people disliking Barca after them dominating for a reasonable amount of time, but when you rely on people like Drogba to chuck themselves around and stop the game constantly, that's not exactly what football is about. Win the game by defending very well against teams who are vastly superior, rather than resorting to faking injuries etc.

Personally, I'd much rather watch Barcelona play than either Chelsea or Madrid in these types of game. No team I've ever seen has the finesse and sheer brilliance throughout their team that Barca have. Barcelona also have Messi, who as far as I'm concerned is head and shoulders above anyone else simply because of his talent and his personality on the pitch. Rarely dives, hardly ever moans about a decision, and looks like he genuinely is grateful that he gets to play the game as much as he does. Nothing like the other "superstars" of the game.

On another note, while Chelsea defended well, it was more a Barca slip up rather than a Chelsea victory. Could've been at least 3-4 goals for Barcelona despite the Chelsea tactics.

]

I'm actually amazed by how some of you guys from this forum simply can't argue without provoking someone

all right, so di maria likes to dive too, nice

pepe is a thug? i'm not even gonna argue about that, i'll only say one thing: mascherano

the rest of your post seems like it's just a general thought on barça and not directed to me

but i do agree with your view on messi

Not a Barca fan or anything, but are you really taking THIS away from all the greatness that Barcelona has provided in the last 5 years, proving itself to be likely the best team in history, with such a brilliant style and dominance?

i never criticized barça style of play, and nor did i took any merit from all of their accomplishments

I simply stated that all the diving really annoys me

It's not like you usually complement your rivals abilities after finally beating them

• Upvote 1

Without Terry, Ramires and Meireles, i don't see them stand any chance against Bayern/Madrid. ANY.

They could beat Bayern even without those guys, but not Real, I believe.

Sad day for Barcelona fans. Losing this game was really unfair, but not always the best win the game.

Messi was off the 2 matches against Chelsea and even missed a damn penalty. 2 shots that hit the post in London and 2 more today. It was meant to be. I think Real is gonna win it all! and Rolando will win the FIFA player of the year for 2012.

However, if Real Madrid lose tomorrow, I won't feel as bad! Go Bayern!

Without Terry, Ramires and Meireles, i don't see them stand any chance against Bayern/Madrid. ANY.

true!

i feel really happy that barça got eliminated

but at the same time i'm kinda sad for chelsea, their second final and they're bound to lose again, but we never know, after these semifinals, anything can happen haha

However I am convinced that John Terry has only one goal in his life, to stop chelsea from winning the champions league, fortunately, it did not work this time!

• Upvote 1

true!

i feel really happy that barça got eliminated

but at the same time i'm kinda sad for chelsea, their second final and they're bound to lose again, but we never know, after these semifinals, anything can happen haha

However I am convinced that John Terry has only one goal in his life, to stop chelsea from winning the champions league, fortunately, it did not work this time!

It was one of the most historic misses ever. And then Anelka...

Sad day for Barcelona fans. Losing this game was really unfair, but not always the best win the game.

Messi was off the 2 matches against Chelsea and even missed a damn penalty. 2 shots that hit the post in London and 2 more today. It was meant to be. I think Real is gonna win it all! and Rolando will win the FIFA player of the year for 2012.

However, if Real Madrid lose tomorrow, I won't feel as bad! Go Bayern!

It would be really funny if FC Porto's central defender, Rolando, won the FIFA player of the year :D

133829hp2.jpg