Sign in to follow this  
Shock Phantom

Portland Trail Blazers @ Orlando Magic

Ya, close losses are tough, but I liked the overall effort of the team, especially on the boards and defensively. There were a few lapses (mostly thanks to Hedo and Bass) on rotations but the rotations were good and they were crashing the boards hard, despite not being the biggest team out there.

I just hope I don't have to watch that much Hedo/Arenas ballhandling ever again. Meer's shots weren't going in but most were good shots and at least he was able to drive the damn lane. Arenas at this point just walks around the court and Hedo is just in some serious love with terrible step jack contested js

I applaud the effort. I missed the first half to have dinner with my mom on her birthday, but I still liked what I saw for most of the game. We couldn't match up with Aldridge, but they tried. I also saw Andre Miller make a three, not sure how that happens. Despite the struggles, we still should've played Jameer down the stretch. Gilbert made a couple baskets early, but they were all awful shots and I'm pretty sure he didn't score in the 4th. Jameer at least brings SOME quickness to the table. Hedo and Gilbert might as well be dribbling with a walker.

We REALLY need a wing player with some speed off the dribble that can get to the basket/line.

I am not saying that it was completely SVGs fault. Jameer Nelson had a really bad game, terrible shooting, 5 turnovers, overdribbling, he was so bad that even SVG could not put him back in the game and left Arenas to finish the game.

I didn't say it was his fault at all...I was making fun (seeing that I got a -1 for my post I can see that there are still some morons around here unable to detect sarcasm.) It wasn't SVG's fault. Substitutions are part of the game, we have 12-15 guys that are supposed to be able to play basketball at the highest level, going to any of them for any time at the coaches discretion is good enough for me.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

that final possession was just embarrassing though. Hedo continues to show his IQ is about as high as Arenas' max vert

I don't think it was as much Hedo's fault as a bad substitution/poor game management. I would have called a TO right away and replaced Clark with JJ. There was no reason for him to be in that situation, especially at the 3 pt line.

Also, where was Nelson? i just saw the 4th quarter and didnt play a second. Injury?

I wonder if the ballhandlers are just naturally that slow.

Arenas and Hedo are broken

Hedo is a special case, though. I can't believe this guy has made it this far in the league without being extremely athletic without a go-to move (no, Turkoflail and Turkoleaners do not count). I mean, he literally can do nothing if he's given the ball and is asked to get a basket. Aside from the PnR, isolating Hedo almost always leads to a stepback fadeaway. A guy that size should at least be able to score well from midrange or in the post.

I don't think it was as much Hedo's fault as a bad substitution/poor game management. I would have called a TO right away and replaced Clark with JJ. There was no reason for him to be in that situation, especially at the 3 pt line.

Also, where was Nelson? i just saw the 4th quarter and didnt play a second. Injury?

Hedo gave up an open 3pt shot with not much time left in the clock and passed it out to Earl Clark. That's terrible. Them bringing the ball up the court wasn't too bad because it was a fast break and fast breaks usually always end up with one or two open looks. Hedo got a great one but decided he'd rather have an assist.

Nelson didn't really play in the 2nd half. He was the team's most aggressive ballhandler but his shot just wasn't there tonight. Arenas had a nice little run and I guess Stan tried to gamble on the one hitting shots.

I didn't say it was his fault at all...I was making fun (seeing that I got a -1 for my post I can see that there are still some morons around here unable to detect sarcasm.) It wasn't SVG's fault. Substitutions are part of the game, we have 12-15 guys that are supposed to be able to play basketball at the highest level, going to any of them for any time at the coaches discretion is good enough for me.

I understood your "sarcasm", thats why I wrote that it was not only his fault, I was not even saying it was his fault, I was only questioning why Jason Richardson has not played at all in the second quarter and was taken out for so long in the 4th.

final possessions can't always be glorious game winners or near perfectly executed plays. things fall apart...just ask the Roots.

Yeah, but when things break down like that people are going to talk about it.

Arenas and Hedo are broken

Hedo is a special case, though. I can't believe this guy has made it this far in the league without being extremely athletic without a go-to move (no, Turkoflail and Turkoleaners do not count). I mean, he literally can do nothing if he's given the ball and is asked to get a basket. Aside from the PnR, isolating Hedo almost always leads to a stepback fadeaway. A guy that size should at least be able to score well from midrange or in the post.

Hedo made a good play when Clark gave him a pick, and Aldridge landed on his back which sent him to the foul line. But yea it does seem surprising that he can't do anything by himself. And he's been this far in the league because of us, this is his sixth year now with us? lol

Maybe he's still dealing with injuries.

Hedo is a special case, though. I can't believe this guy has made it this far in the league without being extremely athletic without a go-to move (no, Turkoflail and Turkoleaners do not count). I mean, he literally can do nothing if he's given the ball and is asked to get a basket. Aside from the PnR, isolating Hedo almost always leads to a stepback fadeaway. A guy that size should at least be able to score well from midrange or in the post

Maybe SVG should try to give his some post up opportunities. Sometimes a smaller player guards him...

Yeah, but when things break down like that people are going to talk about it.

why? it wasn't THAT bad really, if anything he made an extra pass...$100 says that if EC racked it up and drilled that 3, people would have praised Hedo for making the extra pass. This is NOT a guy that passes up many opportunities to shoot, lets get real here. If he passed it up and said his hands were wet, I'd probably lean heavily in favor of believing him on that one.