Sign in to follow this  
Miller4Prez66

With Dwight out on Monday

The fuss, imo is basically a fear that since Clark sat in the last two games with DNP-CD's that we all don't know what is in Stan's thinking. And we are in fear that he will ride the pine once again and lose the little confidence that he had gained while Malik gets burn for some unknown reason.

I remember when JJ was raw and unproven he got some burn in a San Antonio game and scored like 15-17 pts and played good but was then relegated to the end of the bench for I believe it was about 10 games, this was in his first or second year. I pray this is not the way Clark is going to be treated. You would think that SVG would have learned from this but maybe he is just waiting for Clarks fourth year to let him play. :chairshot:

Clark got a couple of DNP-CD's because he was getting our backup 3 minutes and Q-Rich outplayed him in the Knicks game and won the position from him. I love Earl and he's gonna be great, and he's gonna play tomorrow, but making up that SVG hates and refuses to play him is absurd.

I made up nothing. I have watched 99% of the Magic games in this team's history. And I have no hate for SVG. I don't understand alot of what he does, but I can't hate anybody, especially someone I never met. I don't believe he hates Earl. I never said that.

In your infinite wisdom, can you explain why Clark who is able to play 3 positions does not play in the last game when the Magic can not get a rebound to save their lives.

I made up nothing. I have watched 99% of the Magic games in this team's history. And I have no hate for SVG. I don't understand alot of what he does, but I can't hate anybody, especially someone I never met. I don't believe he hates Earl. I never said that.

In your infinite wisdom, can you explain why Clark who is able to play 3 positions does not play in the last game when the Magic can not get a rebound to save their lives.

Wasn't directed at you, more at this thread as a whole.. My guess would be Clark didn't get any time against Chicago because we needed scoring pretty desperately most of the game and that's not what he's good at.

Personally, I like Earl's potential a lot. Stan has given him props in the media twice now. My best guess as to why he gets sooo many DNP-CDs is not match-ups, but controlling his value for the off-season since we don't own his full Bird Rights. This team is overspending as it is on lackluster talent. Otis has to reel that in.

Also I think Otis wants to see Turk and Gilbert on the floor developing chemistry with the team. The person within this organization that is most responsible for this team is Otis. He has taken a lot of gambles on guys that haven't recently proven to be winners or solid role players. I think he has a lot of say about who is on the court (JRich, Gilbert, Hedo equal 40 mil).

Wasn't directed at you, more at this thread as a whole.. My guess would be Clark didn't get any time against Chicago because we needed scoring pretty desperately most of the game and that's not what he's good at.

Why do people say we needed scoring in that game?

- We had 70 shots in that game. We average 80 shots per game.

- We gave up 20 more rebounds. That equals 20 more possessions for our opponent.

- We needed more possessions because we outshot them 44% to 41% during the game.

We could have easily lost the Heat game in the final second because we gave up 2 offensive rebounds there, too.

I think the starting line up will be: Nelson - J.Richardson - Turkuglu - Bass - Anderson

I think not having Dwight is actually a good thing, many positives will come from this.

Howard gets to rest his body for 5 days.

The team gets to learn how to play with out Howard. I think this will be great for all of the players. This will allow them to take greater responsibility. I am really looking forward to watching this game. When Howard goes out of games for his rest we as a team really struggle. I think the team is too dependent on Howard, this will allow Van Gundy to learn how to manage the team better when Howard is not in the game, and should pay dividends for future games. Hopefully he can set up a good strategy that is not dependent on jacking 3's. I feel Anderson is a very capable inside scorer and wouldn't mind seeing him attack the basket when his defender is closing him out.

I expect a Huge game from Nelson, Anderson and Bass. But I expect J.Richardson and Turkuglu to struggle.

I agree that this game can only be good for the Magic. It forces the team to deal without Howard's presence to bail them out. Especially when it comes to defense or consistency. Even if they lose (which I hope they don't) you still learn a lot more from this game.

If there wasn't the fact that we are in a close battle for home court advantage (or as much of it as possible), I would want the Magic to learn to adjust to playing without Howard more often.

Although, I will say that the 16 tech rule is lame. I know Howard should control his temper, but the way that guys like him are allowed to be intentionally abused is absurd. It makes this rule a double standard. The beatings he takes day in and day out are ridiculous and frustrating to watch.

It makes no sense to say that a guy gets to get fouled if he is bigger than the other guy yanking on him or hitting him. That is why they invented the flagrant foul.

It is really hard to not get upset when you are getting abused and even coaches teach their team that that is the way to 'deal' with Howard.

At any rate, I look forward to the game to see how the team deals with this. The team is full of talented enough guys to not lose a game without Howard. Howard just makes winning easier.

JJ won't have a good game until he gets divorced. His marriage has taken away his jump shot because he is too busy making brownies with the lil lady... lol

If I didn't know better, I'd swear Pec was back on here.

The NBA really pisses me off sometimes.

No other player gets abused on a consistent basis like Howard does every night. I'm so sick of Howard taking shots for the team and the refs, in their infinite wisdom, deciding to "level the playing field" against him. And when he does retaliate, he gets T'd up and worse yet, we are told that "Howard is supposed to bottle his emotions; he can't let small things get to him." I want to see what would happen to LBJ or D-wade if they received even a 1/10th of the abuse Howard gets, and how fast their wheels would be spinning and the tears flowing down their faces.

Look at the video on Orlando Sentinel of Dwight, he's got another fresh mark on his left side of face. It's disgusting how the league and refs think.

The NBA really pisses me off sometimes.

No other player gets abused on a consistent basis like Howard does every night. I'm so sick of Howard taking shots for the team and the refs, in their infinite wisdom, deciding to "level the playing field" against him. And when he does retaliate, he gets T'd up and worse yet, we are told that "Howard is supposed to bottle his emotions; he can't let small things get to him." I want to see what would happen to LBJ or D-wade if they received even a 1/10th of the abuse Howard gets, and how fast their wheels would be spinning and the tears flowing down their faces.

Look at the video on Orlando Sentinel of Dwight, he's got another fresh mark on his left side of face. It's disgusting how the league and refs think.

Ask yourself what comes first, he chicken or the egg. While he does get beaten in every game, Dwight dishes out plenty, and he's no choir boy either. Howard continually complains, whether warranted or not. Eventually he'll mature to where he complains less, and only then will refs be more likely to "listen" with a sympathetic ear. Continue to whine. complain, and show emotional outbursts that include making jestures toward refs, nothing will change.

In addition, nothing will stop some of the physiical play more than if Dwight learned to consistently make free throws. Since he is a threat to make only six out of ten on average, it behoves opposition to foul him and take their chances. There is absolutely no reason for any professional to shoot less than 75% from the line....none! Spend more time on line than you do making commercials and music cd's, and improvement will happen.

Ask yourself what comes first, he chicken or the egg. While he does get beaten in every game, Dwight dishes out plenty, and he's no choir boy either. Howard continually complains, whether warranted or not. Eventually he'll mature to where he complains less, and only then will refs be more likely to "listen" with a sympathetic ear. Continue to whine. complain, and show emotional outbursts that include making jestures toward refs, nothing will change.

In addition, nothing will stop some of the physiical play more than if Dwight learned to consistently make free throws. Since he is a threat to make only six out of ten on average, it behoves opposition to foul him and take their chances. There is absolutely no reason for any professional to shoot less than 75% from the line....none! Spend more time on line than you do making commercials and music cd's, and improvement will happen.

Dwight rarely dishes out punishment on his own, he doesn't swing elbows just for fun. Besides, it's not Dwight's fault that he stronger, faster, and bigger than 95% of the NBA. Teams know (and plan) that Howard can take a ton of abuse without being penalized right away. And thus, they continually goad him into swinging that elbow or shoving that player off. The tech called on Howard the other night was due to Kyle Korver, wrestling with him after the foul was called. You can see in the highlights, Noah hit Howard on the head while Korver is pulling his elbow and after the foul is called he is still holding on. TBH, maybe I saw a bad angle but I didn't really see Howard swing elbows deliberately, only for Korver to back off.

I'll give you that one, Dwight was mamed in that exchange with Chicago. Explain the other 15 technicals? Dwight is no angel....

how about the one versus boston against Perkins? it took the refs three fouls to finally make the call. One was the free throw incident/delay of game. That's just the top of my head.