Sign in to follow this  
Babir_9

Hedo's real age

http://migration.ucdavis.edu/mn/more.php?id=2326_0_4_0

South America produces such good soccer players that they have become a valuable export commodity. Since the European federation has rules about the number of non-Europeans who can play in European teams, false passports provide a solution. In France this has become a major political issue. Presumably teams which thus recruit a star player provoke other teams owners into making a political issue of this. Presumably the players with false passports will be forced to abandon the game, involving the clubs which purchased them in heavy financial losses. Soccer is politics and business by other means.

http://wais.stanford.edu/Sports/sports_laandsoccer11101.html

I've known of that issue for years.

BTW you still failed to reply with the age issue in soccer. I asked Zara to name a few soccer players that have lied about their age and you replied asking me if I was 7-8 years old and to watch the 2 Escobars. I want to hear from you what recent soccer players have lied about their age to go play in anywhere.

BTW you still failed to reply with the age issue in soccer. I asked Zara to name a few soccer players that have lied about their age and you replied asking me if I was 7-8 years old and to watch the 2 Escobars. I want to hear from you what recent soccer players have lied about their age to go play in anywhere.

Nigerian Obafemi Martins..

Don't be so quick to trash the OP, he may be legit. Some countries in Africa and Eastern Europe do this a lot

Nigerian Obafemi Martins..

Don't be so quick to trash the OP, he may be legit. Some countries in Africa and Eastern Europe do this a lot

I should have clarified....He said Latin America.

Martins lied about his age? Does he still play for Newcastle?

You first questioned my age.

Don't be naive. If there are thousands soccer players from Latin America, playing all over the world and many of them have new/fake passports, then some of them of course have reduced their age, to attract scouts/agents/coaches attention. I am not talking about Messi, Kaka, Aguero, Robinho or Carlos Valderrama :) There are so many Rickardinyos, Flavninyos, Lopeses, Gomeses and ect. playing in China, Japan, former soviet union republics, Russia... It is a common practice, don't even argue.

Here is one example, it is not soccer, but still sportsmen from Latin America.

Miguel Tejada Joins A Long List Of Athletes Who Have Lied About Their Age

Today the Houston Astros got a little bit of a surprise. It turns out that that Miguel Tejada is actually not 31, but instead 33. That's never something you want to hear when you just traded for a guy in the offseason.

Tejada said he wanted to get a burden off his chest, so he told them his true age. Strangely, he's OK with that steroids burden still on his chest.

But the truth is that Tejada is far from the first person to do this, and he certainly won't be the last. Here's a look back at some of the other athletes that have fudged their ages.

•Danny Almonte (born April 7, 1987) played in the Little League World Series for his Bronx team in 2001, despite being over the cutoff age for the league. His parents had provided a doctored birth certificate misrepresenting his birth year as 1989. A Sports Illustrated writer discovered the discrepancy when Almonte's Dominican elementary school records gave his correct birth year.

•Orlando Hernández, born on October 11, 1965 or 1969, depending on the source, claimed to have been born in 1969 when he defected from Cuba in 1997 to pitch in Major League Baseball. The Smoking Gun published what was purported to be his divorce decree from Cuba, which gave his year of birth as 1965. 4 years is quite a big difference.

•Rafael Furcal (born August 24, 1977) was first believed to have been born in 1980. Thus, during his major league rookie season, his 40 stolen bases were considered the most ever by a teenage player, breaking the record set in 1906 by Ty Cobb. When it was discovered that Furcal had been a 21-year-old rookie, the 84-year-old record reverted to Cobb.

•Here's a list of Latin American players who have fudged their ages, most by at least one or two years: Manny Aybar, Bartolo Colón, Deivi Cruz, Octavio Dotel, Juan Guzman, David Ortiz, Ramon Ortiz, Luis Polonia, Alfonso Soriano, Luis Vizcaino, and Enrique Wilson. In a milder case, Odális Pérez was discovered to be six days older than originally reported. A few players' ages have even dropped in age, including Adrián Beltré, Edgar Rentería, Esteban Yan and Wilson Betemit; in these cases the players had lied about being older so that they could sign contracts before turning 16.

•Kirby Puckett was reported throughout his playing career to have been born on March 14, 1961. When he died in 2006, it was confirmed that he had actually been born on the same day in 1960

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Miguel-Tejada-Joins-A-Long-List-Of-Athletes-Who-Have-Lied-About-Their-Age-Blog-8201

A top Washington Nationals prospect and recipient of the largest international signing bonus in team history is not who he appeared to be. Esmailyn Gonzalez, who is listed as 19 years old on the team's roster, is actually 23-year-old Carlos Alvarez Daniel Lugo, four sources have told SI.com.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/baseball/mlb/02/17/nats.gonzalez/

I should have clarified....He said Latin America.

Martins lied about his age? Does he still play for Newcastle?

I was too lazy and didn't read the whole thread :D

Martins plays for Birmingham now, he cut like 6 years from his passport

You first questioned my age.

Don't be naive. If there are thousands soccer players from Latin America, playing all over the world and many of them have new/fake passports, then some of them of course have reduced their age, to attract scouts/agents/coaches attention. I am not talking about Messi, Kaka, Aguero, Robinho or Carlos Valderrama :) There are so many Rickardinyos, Flavninyos, Lopeses, Gomeses and ect. playing in China, Japan, former soviet union republics, Russia... It is a common practice, don't even argue.

Here is one example, it is not soccer, but still sportsmen from Latin America.

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Miguel-Tejada-Joins-A-Long-List-Of-Athletes-Who-Have-Lied-About-Their-Age-Blog-8201

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/baseball/mlb/02/17/nats.gonzalez/

I give up. The Tejada age issue is a fact, the fake passports and Visas is a fact. What you just described about Latin American players in Asia is just an assumption because of the fake passports.

Listen Babir, I'm sure there are people out there lying about their ages because of the reasons you stated. When I asked Zara to name me a few players it was because I honestly didn't know and guess what...he came up with a name (Martins) You couldn't! But that's ok. Let's move on!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

. When I asked Zara to name me a few players it was because I honestly didn't know and guess what...he came up with a name (Martins) You couldn't! But that's ok. Let's move on!

Zara gave you a perfect example as well. You do not need exact names, it is a common practice.

Well you have a guy named Ruiz who's 20 years old, agent-less, and has a dead-end contract paying pennies with a club in Category 2 Chile.

A Peruvian fat guy with sunglasses knows an Albanian fat guy with sunglasses who knows a rather overweight Romanian club owner who would gladly pay something around $10,000 to get a player that can do more than a sliding tackle.

The player can be shipped overseas as an under-19 prospect with no contractual obligations and carry on his dribbling for double the pennies and hopes for European soccer limelight (meh, but he watched "GOAL" or whateve when he was 15 and actually bought it...)

It's not like a world-class conspiracy (like Hedo's age ), but a little money makes it happen.

Once again I am not talking about star soccer players, even if they had some issues with their IDs, its all well hidden now, considering their transfer price is from 20 to 300 millions and even more. Why should I give you exact names if it is obvious that there are hundreds of soccer players all around the world with false documents? Look, even in my country, in Azerbaijan (you probably never heard about it), there are at least 50-60 soccer players from Latin America, mostly from Brazil. Three of them had played for the National team, Andre Ladaga, Leandro Gomes and Fabio Ramim. Two of them got their 3rd and 4th passport when they agreed to play for my country...

I don't want to continue, let's move on, you are right ;)

Classical story under this topic. All Hedo haters started to write their opinions which we already know.

But these guys were very silent in the first month of the trade.

After two injuries of Hedo(one from the back, one from the knee)and another injury from his hand on

Chicago game all Baketball experts of Orlando Magic started to write how bad decision has Otis made.

It is shame!This guy helped your team to get to NBA final just 2 years ago.

And now you behave him like a s..t!!!

I am not a Hedo fan but I know that he will keep you silent very soon.

What kind of fans are you?

By the way, it is not common in Turkey to reduce the ages of the players but I am sure that some players

might have done that. And I also know that it is not sth special to Turkey. It is made all over the world according

to the situation of that player.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't about Turk's real age, but he is acting older like Carter. It seems like he has been injuried for weeks. I am not sure about Turk. I remember hearing that while Turk was a Raptor, he said he was too sick to play ball, and that night some fans saw him in a Club, so who knows if he is old or just lazy.

It is shame!This guy helped your team to get to NBA final just 2 years ago.

And now you behave him like a s..t!!!

I am not a Hedo fan but I know that he will keep you silent very soon.

What kind of fans are you?

YEAH, I HELPED TOO :shard:

ps.

Hedo fans should chill, cause Hedo knows he gets all the love he could wish for in Orlando.-

I was not his fan either but couple of years ago he was occasionally taking the ball to the rim, was posting up smaller players, played decent defence. Now he looks really slow on both ends. That is why I assumed that he might be just older than his passport shows, as most of the turkish players, if he is 33-34 now, then his play during this season is understandable...

do you even know what you are talking about????

Hedo's career is well documented all the way from his highschool years.

If you dont kow how to count take off your sucks too, that ll give you a twenty count at least. (10 fingers 10 toes)

As far as Ersan Ilyasova is concerned, he is not even Turkish. Pachulia is more Turkish than him. His Turkish is worse than Hedo's English, figure it out yourself.

His age;. . . Ersan probably is over 30. . His last name is Ilyasova. There is no such Turkish name. But Dirk Nowitski is not German either.

And you are from where???? You dont even have a league. Where did you get that much information about basketball??? Have you ever seen a basketball???