Sign in to follow this  
The Truth

The Truth's Recap of D12 at Best Buy

Yup. Dwight, who can drop 40 in a game just in the paint, needs to step outside to hit more jumpers. We need more jump shooters!!!

The Truth asks...what happens the majority of the time when Dwight drops 40 in the paint? Rephrase...what happens when Orlando plays good teams and Dwight drops 40 in the paint...Orlando usually loses. The Truth isn't hating on Dwight...or Orlando...The Truth is just making a statement of fact. Dwight Howard has a limited offensive game and he is stunting his growth as a DOMINANT force by not working on more than a game inside 5 feet. You have JJ on the team..."Hey JJ, wanna work on some ft's"...you have an abundance of shooters on the team..."Hey (insert player here) can you show me some form on a mid range jumper." The Truth likes the Magic...The Truth likes Dwight. BUT, good defensive teams already know how to beat the Magic...stay with the shooters and let Dwight score 70...no open shooters...no easy baskets...yeah Dwight scores 70...but the Magic lose 110-98. Awesome. The Truth looks at the worst case scenario...Dwight blows out a knee and no longer can jump like he does now...Now Orlando has Tony Battie...oh wait, Battie could hit an 8 footer. Dwight Howard is a superstar in the NBA...but his game is not without its flaws.

The Truth has now finished. Until next time...godspeed.

• Downvote 3

what happens when Orlando plays good teams and Dwight drops 40 in the paint...Orlando usually loses.

Yeah but you're reasoning for why we lose when Dwight drops 40 is misleading. Stop it.

The reason why we lost those games is because the other team single covered Dwight, allowing him to totally annihilate his opponent and score at will. They, however, stayed with our shooters so that they could not get going. They basically let Dwight get his, while eliminating everyone else. It has nothing to do with Dwight's shot selection or offensive game.

If you still think that Dwight's offensive game is limited, you haven't been watching Orlando games lately.

So, The Truth thinks Orlando loses in those games because Dwight scores 40 points in the paint as opposed to from the perimeter? Is The Truth an idiot?

Mr. Truth, why don't you go look at the games Dwight scored more than 30 points and check out how the Magic defended and how the opposing team shot. . . maybe then The Truth will get answers since The Truth doesn't seem to watch the games and The Truth also doesn't seem to know what he's talking about.

Not surprised....Dwight is kind of a scum at times when he's out in public. I guess he has a reason to just wanting to not be bothered. I saw him at the movies a couple of times and just walked off from him. Of course, I've had my encounter with Dwight in 2009 when we argued about 2K vs NBA Live in front of a crowd in gamestop...he eventually gave me a copy of Live 10 and autographed it. Last season at Champs he autographed my jersey so I can't complain I've been in contact with him enough times.

I appreciate his time for doing those kinds of things but the people that show up to them half are the fair weather folks who don't live and breathe Magic basketball.

Not surprised....Dwight is kind of a scum at times when he's out in public. I guess he has a reason to just wanting to not be bothered. I saw him at the movies a couple of times and just walked off from him. Of course, I've had my encounter with Dwight in 2009 when we argued about 2K vs NBA Live in front of a crowd in gamestop...he eventually gave me a copy of Live 10 and autographed it. Last season at Champs he autographed my jersey so I can't complain I've been in contact with him enough times.

I appreciate his time for doing those kinds of things but the people that show up to them half are the fair weather folks who don't live and breathe Magic basketball.

"Dwight is kind of a scum at times"

"Dwight got me a copy of Live 10 and autographed it. Dwight autographed my jersey"

first sentence doesn't match the second sentence. He's a highly recognizable person. He probably is never left alone. Being a celebrity means you should interact with your fans often [and Dwight does this], not every single time somebody sees you.

"Dwight is kind of a scum at times"

"Dwight got me a copy of Live 10 and autographed it. Dwight autographed my jersey"

first sentence doesn't match the second sentence. He's a highly recognizable person. He probably is never left alone. Being a celebrity means you should interact with your fans often [and Dwight does this], not every single time somebody sees you.

Of course it doesn't match it was proving a point he doesn't always act like a saint and a Jesus in public when he's on his own time. Man some of ya'll are ridiculous in this forum....

Thanks for leaving out " I guess he has a reason to just wanting to not be bothered."

The Truth asks...what happens the majority of the time when Dwight drops 40 in the paint? Rephrase...what happens when Orlando plays good teams and Dwight drops 40 in the paint...Orlando usually loses. The Truth isn't hating on Dwight...or Orlando...The Truth is just making a statement of fact. Dwight Howard has a limited offensive game and he is stunting his growth as a DOMINANT force by not working on more than a game inside 5 feet. You have JJ on the team..."Hey JJ, wanna work on some ft's"...you have an abundance of shooters on the team..."Hey (insert player here) can you show me some form on a mid range jumper." The Truth likes the Magic...The Truth likes Dwight. BUT, good defensive teams already know how to beat the Magic...stay with the shooters and let Dwight score 70...no open shooters...no easy baskets...yeah Dwight scores 70...but the Magic lose 110-98. Awesome. The Truth looks at the worst case scenario...Dwight blows out a knee and no longer can jump like he does now...Now Orlando has Tony Battie...oh wait, Battie could hit an 8 footer. Dwight Howard is a superstar in the NBA...but his game is not without its flaws.

Magic lose 110-98 because of the 110 part.

I get your what your saying...Dwight at some point needs to have a mid range shot to prolong his career as a consistent offensive force. What I'm saying is we are not at the point to where we need pull Dwight away from the paint.

Wait, so Dwight's efficient domination of opposing defenses in the paint is the cause of us losing against good teams? Dwight being dominant is bad because he isn't attacking from the midrange? Dwight scoring at will in the paint - bad? Dwight taking an array of jumpshots - good? Cool, thanks.

I guess it has nothing to do with others guys missing open shots, not attacking the rim, consistently missing defensive assingnments, and not putting in full effort throughout an entire game. You're right, the truth is obvious: Dwight Howard is a big fat doodie head.

• Upvote 1