Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Jareth's Tweet Party!

Utah wants to rebuild so New Jersey's pick (and a decent chance at Kyrie Irving or worst case scenario Kemba Walker) would be more enticing than anyone we could offer. Favors is young.

Utah got screwed though. Look at what Denver got for Carmelo. Harris isn't that good and Favors could be good.

I think most everyone is looking at this all wrong. I think this is great news for the magic. True we don't get Deron Williams now, but if the opportunity of possibly having Deron a year from now means keeping Dwight then I'm ecstatic. The nets are still going to be garbage with Williams this season and next (unless they pull off another out of the blue major trade). So why would Williams want to sign an extenstion to play with a garbarge team going forward? At the trade deadline for 2011-2012 season, I see the Magic being HUGE players to try to acquire D-Will since we have Jameer and other good assetts to offer for him. Right at the perfect time where we may need to have another big shake up in order to keep Dwight if we don't do well in the playoffs this year. I'm feeling good about this.

You are correct sir. A plus 1 for you for not having a sky is falling mentality for no reason.

We could have offered a better package for Williams but so could 28 other GM's. I just think Utah's scouts are idiots and think Favors is going to be a lot better than he actually is. He's impressive physically but doesn't have the game to back it up. I wonder if Utah thinks Favors is gonna be the next dwight or something?

We could have offered a better package for Williams but so could 28 other GM's. I just think Utah's scouts are idiots and think Favors is going to be a lot better than he actually is. He's impressive physically but doesn't have the game to back it up. I wonder if Utah thinks Favors is gonna be the next dwight or something?

They're bringing back Sloan and turning Favors into the next Karl Malone

Otis perhaps being able to blow up the team to clear cap space

I think he'll be able to clear cap space by persuading Arenas not to pick up that option, the only saving grace in the Lewis & Arenas contract swap. I could see him moving JJ and Bass next season too, if push really came to shove.

Seriously though, go to the trade machine and you can have any team make a better deal than the one Jersey got.

It depends though. . . depends on what kind of player Favors turns into and which players they draft with those two picks. As far as I know, only the Golden State pick is protected at 7.