Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Jareth's Tweet Party!

Jameer has a propensity for over committing which leaves him watching PGs run by him. I think he wants very badly to play good defense so much so that he overplays a lot. I don't think it is a lack of effort with him. In my opinion, of the top PGs Rondo is the best on the ball defender with Paul being second.

and not even those guys can keep others out of the lane. Notice both Paul and Rondo are in good/excellent defensive teams.

You're right about him overplaying. Do you think he overplays because he doesn't have enough length to close out?

Jameer has a propensity for over committing which leaves him watching PGs run by him. I think he wants very badly to play good defense so much so that he overplays a lot. I don't think it is a lack of effort with him. In my opinion, of the top PGs Rondo is the best on the ball defender with Paul being second.

Sometimes Jameer forgets who hes playing. He'll go help out Dwight whos holding his own while Jameer's man is a good shooter and is spotting up waiting for the ball. Sometimes he'll play a quicker, taller, long legged pg too close which means his opponent can go by him easier.

So I guess its more of an IQ thing with him. He should be more knowledgable about matchups and their weaknesses and strengths.

and not even those guys can keep others out of the lane. Notice both Paul and Rondo are in good/excellent defensive teams.

You're right about him overplaying. Do you think he overplays because he doesn't have enough length to close out?

I think he overplays everything he does. Even on layups. He just gets in his own way.

From what I've noticed he really tries hard and gets down on himself pretty easily. He'll try to play good team defense and over-commit but can't defend the pass from going back to the PG after over-commiting. This leaves the opposing PG clear for a drive/shot. This could be due to poor rotations and help from other defenders on his man or just leaving his man for too long while expecting someone else to have his back. Problem is Jameer can't defend any other position if the whole perimeter defense rotates.

Also, we really need to convince Dwight to not take his ETO. Assuming smart finances from here on out (including Arenas opting out), we won't have much money tied up prior to the 2013-2014 season. All our players are either unguaranteed, have team options, or are expiring contracts.