Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Jareth's Tweet Party!

Jameer really disappoints me with his mentality towards defense. Size plays a role but theres been quite a few guys smaller then him that have been an impact on defense. Its pretty much set in stone that any pg came come into our house and post career highs or season highs on us.

But that's because Jameer is a below-average 1 on 1 defender having to play 1 on 1 defense. I think he generally takes his man to the right spots and tries hard to help on defense. There aren't many(if any) PGs that can keep each other out of the lane and it's up to the team to rotate.

I mentioned Hedo. Only other negative in Net Production is the pg spot.

and the negative production is due to offense. Defensively the pg position is pretty good.

But that's because Jameer is a below-average 1 on 1 defender having to play 1 on 1 defense. I think he generally takes his man to the right spots and tries hard to help on defense. There aren't many(if any) PGs that can keep each other out of the lane and it's up to the team to rotate.

Thats my point.

When I played PG it was more of moving your feet laterally with some intensity and purpose. Plus, your always taught to make yourself bigger by keeping your arms extended. I was always pretty quick but Nelson is no slug and is pretty damn quick himself.

Its mental with him. I think he prefers to play defense by taking his man to the right spot then just playing with a bit more intensity.

124aelt.jpg

note: data was possibly last updated Jan 19th

This data is very telling L4TW. Thanks for sharing it. I wonder what these numbers look like specifically against +.500 teams. Also is this data post December trades?

and the negative production is due to offense. Defensively the pg position is pretty good.

Sorry misread that.

It isn't bad if your looking at it from that chart but watching no namers come in and do what they've done against him, overshadows it for me.

Simply, I think Nelson can be a better defender than he is.

BTW: Going by that chart alone, our SG spot was having better production defensively than any other position.

Thats my point.

When I played PG it was more of moving your feet laterally with some intensity and purpose. Plus, your always taught to make yourself bigger by keeping your arms extended. I was always pretty quick but Nelson is no slug and is pretty damn quick himself.

Its mental with him. I think he prefers to play defense by taking his man to the right spot then just playing with a bit more intensity.

Jameer normally fouls a bit too much when he does. My point was that Jameer shouldn't be playing 1 on 1 defense and often times Bass showing too hard on the PnR or not showing at all will have the opposing PG turn the corner right into the rim and that's not Jameer's fault. Obviously I'm not saying he's perfect as I've stated in this page alone he's not a good 1 on 1 defender but if the mentality is going to be "well, Jameer can't keep his man in front of him so **** him" then this team might as well pack it up.

This data is very telling L4TW. Thanks for sharing it. I wonder what these numbers look like specifically against +.500 teams. Also is this data post December trades?

data is from somewhere between jan 19th and today. It includes the entire season.

Thats my point.

Jameer has a propensity for over committing which leaves him watching PGs run by him. I think he wants very badly to play good defense so much so that he overplays a lot. I don't think it is a lack of effort with him. In my opinion, of the top PGs Rondo is the best on the ball defender with Paul being second.

Jameer normally fouls a bit too much when he does. My point was that Jameer shouldn't be playing 1 on 1 defense and often times Bass showing too hard on the PnR or not showing at all will have the opposing PG turn the corner right into the rim and that's not Jameer's fault. Obviously I'm not saying he's perfect as I've stated in this page alone he's not a good 1 on 1 defender but if the mentality is going to be "well, Jameer can't keep his man in front of him so **** him" then this team might as well pack it up.

Again, in your first sentences in the last 2 post, thats my point and your just restating it.

I do agree with your assessment on Bass. He seems to have a real problem with this and this is something that kept him from getting PT last year mainly.

Like I said, my mentality is theres no reason why Jameer can't keep his man in front of him. Its either lack of effort or just an IQ problem and he just doesn't get it.