Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Jareth's Tweet Party!

I actually like it.

My logic was that depsite Kidd shooting a terrible FG% this season, he's more of a distributing PG and gives any team the size mismatch at the point. Yeah, he's slowed down, but he's a veteran and a good locker room guy so I don't see how it would hurt. Mayo gives us the future #2 guy next to Dwight and Z Bo is the rental. The only thing is that this trade would pretty much bury JJ on the bench so maybe if we could get a pick out of him?? Or we hold a gun to another GM's head and force them to take Gil.

Memphis gets Bass and 2 expiring contracts to put them a significant amount under the cap for next year

Dallas gets a new, younger PG and depth at the SF behind Marion

New Jersey gets a new PG and well.... Thabeet

Kidd gives the Magic almost nothing defensively and the team loses scoring at the wing (at the loss of Nelson/JRich and gain of OJ Mayo and Kidd's corpse). . . oh yeah, and it makes Hedo a bit more useless. . .

Kidd gives the Magic almost nothing defensively and the team loses scoring at the wing (at the loss of Nelson/JRich and gain of OJ Mayo and Kidd's corpse). . . oh yeah, and it makes Hedo a bit more useless. . .

Our current PGs give us almost nothing defensively so....

Also, we could flip JJ for a wing if that were to be the plan. He'd see a significant reduction in minutes with OJ coming anyways

Our current PGs give us almost nothing defensively so....

Also, we could flip JJ for a wing if that were to be the plan. He'd see a significant reduction in minutes with OJ coming anyways

No, the point was that JKidd isn't an upgrade offensively and he's far from an upgrade defensively.

No, the point was that JKidd isn't an upgrade offensively and he's far from an upgrade defensively.

Kidd is an upgrade over Jameer in some ways and vice versa. I just think it would give a new look to the squad. Defensively, it's kind of a wash in the sense that it depends on who your matched up against. The Rondos, CP3s, and D Wills of the NBA will continue the abuse of the team as always but the bigger, stronger PGs who lack the blazing speed (Billups, for example) wouldn't be a mismatch. I'm not calling Jameer a God awful defender because he at least gives effort and does a decent job, but I like it when our lineup has the size advantage.

I completely see what you're saying and it does make sense so don't get me wrong. I'm just trying to defend my previous post :)