Sign in to follow this  
COLOMBIANO

Orlando Magic @ Boston Celtics 2:30 on ABC

I've been pretty critical of our season so far but I will say though that there is STILL time to improve...plenty of time actually.

The problems we have had against Boston, Miami, LA need to be minimized or we will continue to struggle against them.

How will this happen? Dwight cannot carry the team and play a whole game every game. Are the other players suddenly going to become great defensive players?

• Upvote 1

I just keep reminding myself that Boston had a pretty bad regular season last year, and they made it to the Finals.

It can happen. *shrugs*

The only problem with that is that we are not the Celtics.

The only problem with that is that we are not the Celtics.

Well, talent-wise, I think your wrong. We have the talent to win.

What the Boston Celtics have, that we are missing, is a high basketball IQ, the drive, and the will to do whatever it takes just to win. Everyone but Dwight just looks content out there.

To sum it up: We have a heavily talented, dumb, unmotivated team.

• Upvote 1

For me personally the players do have to execute the game plan but if that game plan is flawed from the jump then it's that much harder to win the game....I mean i just don't understand How you not make an adjustment when you know how they are going to play you defensively....They are going to let Dwight do him and stay home on the 3 point shooters....Boston has done it.....Chicago has done it....Miami has done it.....And guess what all losses.....We can beat those teams but there are some things that need to change with our schemes and to he honest it's this simple:

1.Our Offense needs to be more complex

2.Our Defense needs to be simplified

• Upvote 1

They are going to let Dwight do him and stay home on the 3 point shooters....Boston has done it.....Chicago has done it....Miami has done it.....And guess what all losses.....We can beat those teams but there are some things that need to change with our schemes and to he honest it's this simple:

Exactly. When the Stretch-4 isn't working, we need our PF to bang inside or start shooting midrange. That's what Bass provided us.

We had the luxury of Ryan Anderson as a backup just in case we needed or wanted to use the Stretch-4. But now, since he's starting, it's all we're using.

Well, talent-wise, I think your wrong. We have the talent to win.

What the Boston Celtics have, that we are missing, is a high basketball IQ, the drive, and the will to do whatever it takes just to win. Everyone but Dwight just looks content out there.

To sum it up: We have a heavily talented, dumb, unmotivated team.

LOL

Otis ruined this team. The team from last year needed another chance. We were just unlucky in the ECF. Otis, SVG and any player not named Dwight needs to go.

yeah, at least Rashard is cold blooded and Carter can take over a quarter sometimes. Other than Dwight, we are just not talented enough to win anything.

When a team plays slow, that doesn't mean it's a slow team or it has slow players.

Nor when it sucks (2010 reg. season Spurs), nor when it plays great (reg. season 2010 Cavs)

Come on. We've had good stretches and we've had bad stretches.

It's not a question whether we will 'magically' grow speed or not, or will 'magically' get better, or 'magically' win.

This 'magic' is called patience, time, practice, focus, confidence, comfort level, and the sorts.

It's not easy, but it's one trophy and 30 teams out there. It's not like every June, 29 teams suck in retrospect.

And it's not like the Boston Celtics (thunder, ominous music) have more than 1 rings over the past 25 years or so...

We'll play better.

(Hedo's defense sucks more than his offence, and that's a FEAT. But Hedo too, will get better )

ps. I really liked the fact that the celtics spent a lot of time with their backs on the floor. Aside from Daniels' stumble -naturally-, we played some nice full contact basketball minutes. Yeah we lost, we shot 3/24 from 3point range. What can you expect? But I kinda believe that 'magically' JJ Redick, J-Rich, Ryan, Jameer, Gil and Hedo will shoot better than 3/24 in the future.

ps2. Yeah, the passing to Dwight when he's open or with Rondo on his back SUCKS BIGTIME at the moment. I hope they'll watch some gamefilm, clockwork orange-style... :chairshot:

We live by the 3 and when the 3 isn't falling we are an below average team. When playoff time comes around defense will come even harder. Teams that live by it almost always die by it.

I don't even enjoy watching us play. Even when shots are falling its just overkill with the 3's and until we find someone else besides Dwight to get high percentage points these types of games are going to be frequent against good defensive, elite teams.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

so we get 30 more shots than them and only convert 2 more I'm really shaking my head especially when the NBA really has no defense for a majority of the game.

and top it off 26 fouls get them 32 free throws ( not including the two techs) whlie we get 16 from their 22 fouls sigh....

I watched the washington game on stream and i was pissed that a player could sprint full court from behind and block arenas doing a layup and i still wonder if any one called man on or do any of the team put any effort into the little things that can add up to so much.