Sign in to follow this  
The Ryan Anderbads

Has SVG failed the Magic? OR Management? OR players?

one sample of SVG great decision making. Game 4 NBA Finals, crucial game. We are up by 3, Lakers have a ball, one posession game. So who is on the floor for us? Jameer Nelson! the guy who was out for the whole season, who was out of shape, who is short, who never was a great defensive player. So he is defending Fisher, letting him to dribble the ball to the three point line and then not even contesting the shot, just outstretching his arm "challenging" the shot. Derek made that shot and we lost a game then. So SVG left Alston and Courtney Lee, who were much better defensively than Nelson on the bench and played Jameer that last posession, which probably cost us a series. This is an example of SVG great thinking...

and even yesterday, last posession, Jason Richardson was hot, made some shots, had a couple of steals, and SVG takes him out and puts Redick on the court who hasn't made even one 3 all game...

Ding, ding, ding.....two of many SVG idiocies.

here...

Well, don't discredit Fisher here. I mean, a pull up 3 is not easy to make or defend and to make it in the clutch in the biggest stage in the NBA is incredible and cold blooded. And if you're playing the Lakers in that situation, who do you really think will be taking the last shot?

Well, don't discredit Fisher here. I mean, a pull up 3 is not easy to make or defend and to make it in the clutch in the biggest stage in the NBA is incredible and cold booded. And if you're playing the Lakers in that situation, who do you really think will be taking the last shot?

Crediting Fisher has nothing to do with criticising Stan.

to leave rusty Jameer Nelson, who has never been a good defender, who is undersized for that last defensive posession and leaving better defenders Lee and Alston on the bench was stupid...

do you want another "great" move by SVG?

We are up by two, Game 2 vs Cavaliers, one second remaining. SVG puts Hedo on Lebron, single cover! So Pietrus guarding Sasha Pavlovich in the midcourt and James making game winning shot over Hedo :)

I'm watching the wizards game right now, and the way the Magic play reminds me of Baron Davis-era Golden State.. We're so disorganized, we don't move the ball, everbody shoots the ball without a second thought. Even Earl Clark, who's supposed to be the hardworking underdog of this team, keeps trying mid-long range shots with that ugly shot form of his.

I believe the main problem with this team is that it doesn't have the "main" characters right now. In the Finals year, We had 3 "main" players whom we heavily depended on. D12, Lewis, and Hedo.. The others knew it and respected it. But now We've got (apart from Dwight) J-Rich, Nelson, Hedo, Arenas, Redick, and Anderson, and everbody wants to be the hero firing shots all the time.. 7 players who won't sacrifice their shots for the good of the team. One more thing, I like the new Hedo better than the Finals year Hedo, but his role in this team is much more different, and reduced to a role player. I really miss Rafer Alston bringing the ball to half court and handing it to Hedo. Everything with our game plan was so predictable, yet effective. With this new model Hedo trying to make better decisions with the ball, I think it would work once again.

My point is that you're blaming Stan when Fisher made a very difficult shot

Fisher made a very difficult shot....he's SUPPOSED to, isn't that what professional basketball players are supposed to do....put the ball in the hoop? That has NOTHING to do with Stan making a completely bonehead decision by putting Jameer on the court instead of Courtney Lee or someone with any defensive capability.

Unbelievable!

to leave rusty Jameer Nelson, who has never been a good defender, who is undersized for that last defensive posession and leaving better defenders Lee and Alston on the bench was stupid...

do you want another "great" move by SVG?

We are up by two, Game 2 vs Cavaliers, one second remaining. SVG puts Hedo on Lebron, single cover! So Pietrus guarding Sasha Pavlovich in the midcourt and James making game winning shot over Hedo :)

from 7 feet behind the arc..... give some of these guys credit for hitting amazing shots instead of being so god damn bitter

Fisher made a very difficult shot....he's SUPPOSED to, isn't that what professional basketball players are supposed to do....put the ball in the hoop? That has NOTHING to do with Stan making a completely bonehead decision by putting Jameer on the court instead of Courtney Lee or someone with any defensive capability.

Unbelievable!

You act as though Fisher is a notorious sharp shooter who always comes up in the clutch. You're confusing him with his teammate

As to the defensive lineup, not that I disagree but hindsight is always 20/20

from 7 feet behind the arc..... give some of these guys credit for hitting amazing shots instead of being so god damn bitter

What the hell kind of mentality is that?!

Oh the opposing player hit a shot he's TRYING to make to win a game, but Stan gets a pass for making a blatant dumb*** decision. Great logic!

was it that hard to double Lebron with less than one second remaining? was it that necessary to guard Pavlovich in the midcourt? :)

come on, just admit those above mentioned decisions were VERY stupid...

You act as though Fisher is a notorious sharp shooter who always comes up in the clutch. You're confusing him with his teammate

As to the defensive lineup, not that I disagree but hindsight is always 20/20

Ummmmm, Fisher is as clutch as you get! Do you even watch NBA games outside of Magic games? No, hindsight has **** to do with that situation. There was ABSOLUTLEY NO reason why Jameer should have been on the court, one. Two, you have your best perimeter defender sitting on the bench??? How is that justified?

Just stop.