Sign in to follow this  
Berto

Official Game Thread: Heat vs Magic

Glad I skipped the second half. This team just sucks, and we are playing even worse than we were before the trade. At some point you have to question the system and coaching. Hope we enjoy these last two years with Dwight.

gtfo then! don't post anymore we dont need scumbags like you anyway

• Downvote 1

When one team goes lights out from the field, its an anomally, it happens, when two teams go off on you, its a coincidence, it happens long season, but this is about the 5th or 6th team that has gone off on the Magic. The excuse cant be they are making shots, eventually it becomes who the team is.

Amen bro.

They don't seem to be that bothered in fouls for their bigs.

Also, it is my assumption that pick & roll with Dwight is trying to get him deep post position? If that's the case, wouldn't those possessions count as "Dwight" possessions too?

But see, they might just be THAT good at denying him the ball. Considering that the Miami wings are athletic and long.. seeing two guys surrounding Howard and a fast close-out three is the typical defensive possession.

And this is really the same thing that happened in the Heat opener. Just throwing some things out there.

the 1/5 3/5 pick and roll are to open for a lot of things, Dwight included. But that's not the only option and there were several times when Dwight has his man posted up and players jacked up shots from the wing. When a team is good at defending the perimeter like Miami is, and weak inside like the Heat is, you don't continue to attempt to shoot. . . it's just stupid basketball.

in the Heat opener, I believe it was less than a 6pt game at half time (with Howard scoring like 20 pts), and when the Magic stopped going to Howard in the 3rd and started jacking up bricks and that's when the Heat really took off

So you think that they're just willingly being dumb for what seems two times (with the one in between being a win), or maybe they're forced to hit those shots because they're either open, or can't pass over the perimeter defense?

I dunno, but I might tend to think it's the opposing team's defense more than 5 or 6 guys just being dumb when they've played together for years (most of them, anyway).

Really? You guys ask why and how, yet don't want to admit when the answer is staring you in the face. No prob...

You would be right if the answer was indeed there. But it's not. So stop trying to make your thread relevant when it's not.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You would be right if the answer was indeed there. But it's not. So stop trying to make your thread relevant when it's not.

So we DO have capable perimeter defenders? Ohhh, okay.

Otis Smith has destroyed this Team. They have 3 Allstars, we have one Allstar and a bunch of no defense has beens. How could he even think we could beat the Heat in a seven game series. Last season was the biggest offseason in history in term of free agents, you think Otis would have had the foresight to get a superstar to go with Howard. He was two busy trading for career loser Vince Carter. Way to go Otis. Even if we could of got one Allstar like Chicago we would be way better. I know Howard is a great guy, I just hope he has old school loyalty. Last Years free agents: Bosh, Boozer, Wade, Amare, etc notta nothing, no Chris Paul, No Deron Williams, no Carmelo.........done

• Downvote 1