Sign in to follow this  
Knappy

Tips for Stan

D-Bo-You may be right. I just hope he gets rid of his no passing mentality. Thats what I hated the most about him.

you forgot

13. Hire his brother Jeff as an assistant.

14. Hire Patrick Ewing as a assistant to tutor Dwight and Darko.

15. Hire Darrel Armstrong to tutor Jameer and take some charges.....

quote:
Now that Brian Hill's gone, you'll see what a good player Jameer can be.

Unlike the rest of the team I think Brian gave Jameer all kinds of opportunities. He better start working on his passing skills or Dooling is going to eat into his minutes much to his dismay.

Stan will hate selfish play especially from the point and will cut his minutes to near zero if he won't take the message.

First of all, I really hope that I am wrong about Jameer. I have never really seen him as an NBA PG, but I hope the people who think he can play the speed up game are right. That would save a major trade.

And I have liked Grant for a long, long time, longer than he has been a Magic(ian), but if he starts this next season, he will seriously set Ariza back. He should be coming off the bench behind both Ariza and Hedo, and never play the SG again. JJ should get all the minutes he can handle backed by Kebo and Keyon.

Everybody in their right minds know that Darko and Dwight must be starting their run as the twin towers, and I hope James can garner a little more respect so that he and Tony can be good backups. If Gortat comes over, let him try to get PT ahead of those two. But with D&D playing all the minutes they can handle, let's get it on.

Whether we start out 13-2 again is doubtful but I would bet money that they would finish up much better next season. They would have a better record, be higher in the standings, and go further in the Post-Season.

No trades necessary, at this point.

quote:
Originally posted by lazyberbs:

No trades necessary, at this point.

I disagree fully with that statement... We tried going into the season last year with only one 2 additions: JJ and Auggie and the outcome was relatively the same from the year before except that we made the playoffs.

Reasons that we need a few roster changes through trade is because of cap space and lack of draft picks in a deep draft this year.

If we somehow lose Garrity's contract that's an extra 4 million we can offer to our FA's. If we trade Bogans and one gaurd from our log jam thats about 5-6 million more to add to our free cap space in total it would be about 26 million under not counting the increase in space from the league.

I proposed a few trades with Seattle or Golden state for the 31st or 18th pick.

Seattle 31st for Bogans and cash considerations

Golden State 18th for Bogans, Diener and maybe cash considerations.

quote:
Originally posted by star_phenom35:We tried going into the season last year with only one 2 additions: JJ and Auggie and the outcome was relatively the same from the year before except that we made the playoffs.

You count those two out for last year, but Auggie played a grand total of 7 minutes for the year. JJ got a lot more playing time (comparatively), but played in only 42 regular season games and 1 playoff game. I don't think we can say we've seen what either of those guys is capable of yet.

But we do need to either do a trade or sign a hot shooting free agent.

Morelegend the orange thing the players play with is a basketball and not a real big orange...hope this helps you figure out basketball...its obviously something youve just started watching in the last 24 hours.

Knappy thats a great list, the only thing missing is at the very end you repeat #2...twice. Garrity doesnt belong on the court with the big orange at any time. Please just make him go away!

quote:
Originally posted by morlegend:

grant hill can be much more influential than you give him credit. if it's between him and JJ, grant most likely will need to start.

and i don't get your hatred towards pat garrity. i know he doesn't play great but your ad hominem attacks are really unappropriate.

Maybe...But they are funny!!!

Pat should maybe put in a little more practice on his jumper.....He's getting paid alot of money to heave up BRICKS....What goods a shooter that can't shoot...He should to the "Right thing and just retire" Instead of taking us for a ride......LOL

Convince Dooling to stay,to backup Jameer,trade Arroyo for a big(Haywood). Start JJ at the 2,if we sign Lewis.

quote:
Originally posted by Erik:

Convince Dooling to stay,to backup Jameer,trade Arroyo for a big(Haywood). Start JJ at the 2,if we sign Lewis.

Haywood makes to much money for someone thats not motivated to play

quote:
Haywood makes to much money for someone thats not motivated to play

Haywoods just go no hops anymore. Magloire Id be more interested in as a backup big. And he said he is not itching to look for greener pastures. With that though with the expected arrival of Oden an Aldridge an Randolph (for now anyway) not to mention Pryzibilla, the front court is rather crowded there he will be more than likely to seek other offers.